Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

I/S/O (East Coast Meets)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-10, 07:18 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I/S/O (East Coast Meets)

Hey guys,
Me and a group of my car buddies will be starting a series of car meets at various locations throughout the east coast. We're all NC based, so we're starting our first meet in Raleigh. Then we're moving to different large areas around the state and on down to other states as well.

These meets will be free, and very organized. Everyone is welcomed but there will be rules enforced to keep things orderly and to weed out the obnoxious people.

Our first meet will be in the springtime of this year, there will be a lot of Lexus guys in attendance, so I encourage anyone close to the area to come down. We're hoping to grow in status and become something like Import Alliance. There aren't enough meets in our area, so we're trying to make something happen since car shows are starting to fade out.

Before anybody feel the need to criticize what we're doing, let me just say that we're not out to re-invent the wheel or compete with anybody. We just want to bring something positive and fun for car enthusiasts in our area and we hope people can just appreciate that. This is coming out of our own pockets, so we're purely doing this for the love.

Right now, we have a blog that was started to feature East Coast cars and to post up information about the meets. We'll be getting a legit website as soon as we can figure out a good domain name for us. The blog we have is basically the same deal as the hellaflush or stanceworks blog, but we're just focusing on cars from the East Coast. So if you have a nice car that you think is feature worthy, please hit me up, I would love to feature you. The first few posts on the blog has more information on what we're about. So please check it out:

ISO Blog

As a side note, we started out putting together a few small meets that has grew so much in popularity and size that we decided to do something big. Everybody who came enjoyed it and we were able to keep it very organized and professional. These events we're putting together will be free so there's no reason not to come and it's a great opportunity for people to network/meet new people.
Old 01-21-10, 08:41 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a cool idea. I'll definitely keep an eye out for events.

Unfortunately, I'm probably not flush enough to be featured.
Old 01-21-10, 09:54 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikes rx

Could you pm me some high res pix and a mod list. We're just starting out as a blog, so it's not all about being flush, it's about having a good stance and the right offset. Seems to me like you have that from the sig. And your car is definitely nice
Old 01-21-10, 10:04 AM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by romeo291
Could you pm me some high res pix and a mod list. We're just starting out as a blog, so it's not all about being flush, it's about having a good stance and the right offset. Seems to me like you have that from the sig. And your car is definitely nice
Thanks man. mod list is in my sig. Unfortunately, my stance is nothing as I'm still riding stock height........still going over options of how I want to handle that. Also, my offsets aren't very aggressive....but, I personally wanted a more conservative/factory appearance.

Anyway, here's some other pics I took previously. Like I said....not very aggressive. I'm waiting til spring time to do some better shots.....hopefully with a lower stance and perhaps some new stuff (once the aftermarket catches up)

Last edited by mikes rx; 01-21-10 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-21-10, 11:14 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

^very nice car man, the IS is so nice as a convertible. I definitely want to feature it once you slam it, man it'll look badass once you do. Are you going to the Sumospeed show btw? It's in VA Beach.
Old 01-21-10, 04:28 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you got a new ride.nice
Old 01-21-10, 04:35 PM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by romeo291
^very nice car man, the IS is so nice as a convertible. I definitely want to feature it once you slam it, man it'll look badass once you do. Are you going to the Sumospeed show btw? It's in VA Beach.
Well, I'm probably not going to slam it. Actually, I'm trying to find a way just to lower the front about 3/4".....got driveways/etc to worry about

Originally Posted by matrixgts
so you got a new ride.nice
thanks. yeah i got it a few months ago

anyway, sorry to thread jack.....
Old 01-22-10, 11:40 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I'm probably not going to slam it. Actually, I'm trying to find a way just to lower the front about 3/4".....got driveways/etc to worry about

Yeah, good point......damn those driveways!!!! Well, hit me up when you get your project closed to finish man.
Old 01-26-10, 08:53 AM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

I like this. Finally we can show the west how we do it
Old 01-28-10, 05:06 AM
Proper 350
Pole Position

i gotta say...i like what youre doing here.usually the west,florida and hawaii own blogs like this and have meets...havent had a meet since i had the lexus cause noone around here starts up one...i mean after raleigh you should come down to charlotte id definately be there...hopefully ill have some wheels by then..good luck with everything...i support anything that deals with southeast
Old 01-28-10, 05:14 AM
Proper 350
Pole Position

Angry

dude i have a mean driveway and my car is low..i wanna go lower but the wife wont let me...last 2 pics are the day i put on my coilovers...
Attached Thumbnails I/S/O (East Coast Meets)-post-3.jpg   I/S/O (East Coast Meets)-post-1.jpg   I/S/O (East Coast Meets)-post-4.jpg  

Last edited by Proper 350; 01-29-10 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-28-10, 06:49 AM
dsadsauser
Pole Position

Count my is350 in for the raleigh meet whenever it is.
Old 01-28-10, 10:29 AM
CleanGS4
Pole Position

This sounds very nice, to bad its alil far for me. i'll def go in its alil closer to GA!
Old 01-28-10, 06:45 PM
On3_Lo35
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AD_SC3
I like this. Finally we can show the west how we do it
we're not trying to show up the west, just bringing the idea of what they have to the east Coast, cause that's what we lack here.

Originally Posted by Proper 350
i gotta say...i like what youre doing here.usually the west,florida and hawaii own blogs like this and have meets...havent had a meet since i had the lexus cause noone around here starts up one...i mean after raleigh you should come down to charlotte id definately be there...hopefully ill have some wheels by then..good luck with everything...i support anything that deals with southeast
I see what you're saying but everyone, but we're gonna try harder and harder (no homo) after each event.

Originally Posted by jbayse99
Count my is350 in for the raleigh meet whenever it is.
Look out for it in April 2010

Originally Posted by CleanGS4
This sounds very nice, to bad its alil far for me. i'll def go in its alil closer to GA!
Well, since most of us (the group of friends) are from Raleigh, so that's where we'll start but we're gonna move this meet around...Definitely will go to Charlotte and try out ATL once we get our recognition and people are understanding that you don't have to be "flush" or "aggressive to come out and check out the scene...
Old 02-02-10, 02:20 PM
nMeOnE
Pole Position

proper that thing is slammed man!!! where are you in NC area? i'm about to do coilovers soon on my is350 and want some advice and want to see how comfy they are as well...

Quick Reply: I/S/O (East Coast Meets)