Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Charlotte Area "Cars and Java" at the Lake- Feb 7th

Old 01-17-09, 08:52 PM
MC36
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlotte Area "Cars and Java" at the Lake- Feb 7th

Charlotte Cars and Java at the Lake- FEB 7th

faka: (Charlotte area Cars and Coffee)

Exotics/Sports Cars/Classics

1st Saturday of every month
February 7th 2009

Panera Bread Company

North Lake Mall (I-77 Ext 18) Panera Bread Co. (Between Panera and Fox and Hound)

6801 North Lake Mall Drive- Charlotte NC 28216 #704.921.0013

9 am- until

Weather Permitting
See you there!

We are quickly coming up on our 3rd event Saturday, February 7th. I am extremely encouraged by the turnout of the last two events. In December we had 45 cars and in January we had 60+ cars (probably would have had a lot more if the unexpected inclement weather had not come out). Thank you to those that returned for the second event and thank you for those that invited friends to join in on the fun. This event will continue to grow among car enthusiast as we spread the word of the great people and cool hardware involved.

As a die heart “Car Guy” it was awesome to see the vast variety of makes and models and the various owners that carry with them the passion and knowledge of their cars. I truly met a lot of very good people with interesting stories that share a common interest in cars which surpassed my expectations of this inaugural event.

At the last two events we have had several NSXs, Ferraris, BMWs, Suburus, Audis, Minis, S2000, Mercedes, vintage Corvette, Porches, 350Zs, GT-Rs (3), several Lotuses, a Lambo, and many that I am probably omitting! Some great hardware! My goal is to create a lasting event here in the Charlotte area that caters to the enjoyment of cars and everything that goes with them.

Below is a list of sites/forums that I posted this event on. If you can think of other sites and forums please feel free to post them there as well.

v www.6speedonline.com

v www.nsxprime.com

v www.carolinacarclubs.com

v www.carolinaeuro.com

v www.bimmerdrivers.com

v www.astonmartinowners.com

v www.minimotering.com

v www.sk2000.com

Thank you.

Michael
Old 01-17-09, 09:36 PM
Khankn32
Driver

will be there if the weather is decent lol
Old 01-18-09, 11:42 AM
MC36
Rookie

Check out this website for more info and pictures:

www.carsandcoffeecharlotte.com
Old 01-18-09, 11:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Thanks for posting up Michael, Krista and I will try to make it again!
Old 01-19-09, 11:18 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm moving to Charlotte the 1st week of February... so as long as we get settled into the new house pretty quick, I'll be there.
Old 01-19-09, 06:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

We'll possibly have some out of town guests this weekend at the meet (lobuxracer w IS/F and 1sicklex w GS430) attending the meet.

If folks are interested (suggest we get a count early and make a reservation) we could just walk down to a local spot for lunch as well after the meet. Fox & Hound is right there, as are a bunch of other places like PF Changs, Mexican place (may be easiest for big group), etc.
Old 01-19-09, 06:56 PM
Khankn32
Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
We'll possibly have some out of town guests this weekend at the meet (lobuxracer w IS/F and 1sicklex w GS430) attending the meet.

If folks are interested (suggest we get a count early and make a reservation) we could just walk down to a local spot for lunch as well after the meet. Fox & Hound is right there, as are a bunch of other places like PF Changs, Mexican place (may be easiest for big group), etc.
Count me in.

1.Khankn32 (gonna have about 4 guest w/me)
Old 01-20-09, 05:46 PM
jdmpwr07
Driver

I'm going to try hard to make it. Hoping for good weather
Old 01-20-09, 05:50 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

9309 Center Lake Dr ??? Is the addy correct? I found this addy for the Panera Bread Co. with the same zip code. Is it N. Charlotte close or off of I-77?
May come down.
Old 01-20-09, 06:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Edit - I just noticed Michael has a directions link on the cars and coffee site he setup as well http://charlotte.carsandcoffee.info/directions.php
----------------------

That Panera doesn't show up on Google maps for some reason... you can more easily look for the PF Chang's just outside Northlake Mall (it's right next to the WT Harris Exit off of I-77).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=19&iwloc=B

Or just look for Northlake Mall, which will get you there as well, they have a direct link for directions on their website http://www.shopnorthlake.com/infodesk/directions.html

When I search for Fox and Hound or Zobo TV (both in the same little area) it directs me somewhere down south of Charlotte near Nations Ford road - that's not correct.

The satellite image above is probaly a year old but is the correct area... I'll post some better directions but this should give folks an idea of where we'll be. The Panera Bread is just past PF Chang's in roughly the same part of the mall (not the main mall, but one of the outlying open-air building).

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-20-09 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 06:17 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I'm assuming all the folks below are going to want to grab lunch after / during the meet. If you're going to come but can't go to lunch, please post you'll just be coming to the meet so we don't count you in the lunch reservation total.

1. Khankn32 (3rd gen GS430 gonna have about 4 guest w/me)
2. DaveGS4 + KristaP (if weather is nice will probably bring 911 and maybe M3 if it's back together)
3. 1sicklex + guest (2nd gen GS430)
4. lobuxracer (IS-F)
Old 01-20-09, 07:08 PM
jdmpwr07
Driver

What time/where is the lunch? I'd be interested.
Old 01-20-09, 07:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

The 'formal' meet time end is around noon, so I'd say if we get there before 10am then we start to head to lunch at 11:30 and plan to get there at 11:45.

Food spot is TBD (group can decide); I'd suggest one of the following, all within walking distance of where we'll be parked

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina‎ http://www.ontheborder.com/index.asp
Fox and Hound http://www.tentcorp.com/
PF Chang's http://www.pfchangs.com/

There is also a Chili's, Red Robin very nearby. Lot's of other spots but not as suitable spots for a larger group (too small or limited seating setup for larger group)

Close (~3m) drive, also cheap and decent and would be good for a group
http://www.bubbasbarbecue.com/ on Old Statesville rd
http://www.midtownsundries.com/ on David ***
Anntony's Caribbean Cafe on Sugar Creek http://www.anntonys.com/pdfs/Anntony...Creek_Menu.pdf
Azteca Mexican on Statesville Rd

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-20-09 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-20-09, 07:47 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dave Thanks Sir,
Right now I'll be coming with my 2yr old son. So 2 for lunch. This is weather pending. As for lunch anything with chicken nuggets and FF's and we're good to go.
Old 01-20-09, 08:24 PM
jdmpwr07
Driver

Ok, I'm down for lunch. Preferably not too expensive

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Charlotte Area "Cars and Java" at the Lake- Feb 7th