Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Meet in NC Raleigh Area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 07:57 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On Friday nights I usually stay in because I have to wake up at 6:30AM on Saturdays so I can be at work when they open. Saturday nights it varies...sometimes I just sleep because I'm tired, other times I go out and have a good time.
Old 10-03-07, 08:07 PM
Katsumoto
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya man. Im off weekends because i work the regular M-F so i do whatever on the weekends. As far as riding around or what i havent done that in i dont know how long so i was just wondering.
Old 10-03-07, 08:16 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still down for a meeting near the end of october (or november )
Old 10-03-07, 08:22 PM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by SCpwner
Katsumoto what part of garner area? i live off of old stage what kind of car do you have?
Originally Posted by Katsumoto
whats up man i stay off hwy 50 towards benson. Right where ten-ten and benson crosses. I drive a '02 AR Lexus Is300.
Do y'all ever go out to the 1/8th mi strip in Benson. I haven't had the opportunity to go there yet for test and tune night, but am told it's something like $8 to be a spectator or $13 to run your car for the night.
Old 10-03-07, 09:01 PM
Katsumoto
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Do y'all ever go out to the 1/8th mi strip in Benson. I haven't had the opportunity to go there yet for test and tune night, but am told it's something like $8 to be a spectator or $13 to run your car for the night.
Ive havent been myself. My cousin used to run his mustang 5.0 out there. My car is still stock anyways so id be out there as a spectator.
Old 10-03-07, 09:35 PM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by Katsumoto
Ive havent been myself. My cousin used to run his mustang 5.0 out there. My car is still stock anyways so id be out there as a spectator.
Stock doesn't equal slow or not fun
Old 10-04-07, 06:55 AM
SC300Dori
Driver

So has anyone came up with a date yet?
Old 10-04-07, 07:23 AM
Katsumoto
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC300Dori
So has anyone came up with a date yet?
not that i know of. Everyone is basically finding out we are just minutes away from each other. now its time for a set up date. I know for sure sonyman usually works during weekends.

Stock doesn't equal slow or not fun
thats true but i know id feel out of place lol.
Old 10-04-07, 10:36 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

does anyone work past 7pm. We could do a friday or sat meet @ 7-8 pm. A good spot is Frankies off of Glenwood. BTW if anyone wants to go to benson on a thursday night let me know. I`ve been wanting to try my car out in the 1/8th for a while.

Last edited by HKS350; 10-04-07 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-04-07, 12:35 PM
Katsumoto
Rookie

im good for fridays *but i work until 10pm* and saturdays. but those are good times for me. everyone else can let it be known if they are good or not.

Last edited by Katsumoto; 10-04-07 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-04-07, 04:38 PM
mikes rx

Originally Posted by Jeremy
BTW if anyone wants to go to benson on a thursday night let me know. I`ve been wanting to try my car out in the 1/8th for a while.
Mos def I may not actually drag mine, but I'd go out anyway
Old 10-04-07, 07:11 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mos def I may not actually drag mine, but I'd go out anyway
I'll second that.
Old 10-05-07, 02:12 PM
Yardracer
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I understand the mountains are a bit of a drive for most from Raleigh/Durham for a meet. I feel likewise about doing the opposite. However, were someone to wish to have a meet in the mountains over a weekend, I have this to offer. We run a performance shop in Black Mountain and can perhaps offer to do a clublexus/SELOC dyno day and beautiful curvy mountain road driving event. Our Mustang Dyno allows for accurate 1/8 and 1/4 mile standing start runs so any draggers may find that of some use. And we are a mile from #9 to Lake Lure and only minutes from many other epic drives, not to mention a much shorter drive to Deals Gap. Any interested individuals should contact me at the shop (828) 664-9010 or by e-mail Ian@Appalachianperformance.com. BTW, This isn't a sales pitch or anything, we're just motorheads that love our Toyota's and want to meet like minded individuals to hang out with.
Old 10-06-07, 10:47 AM
Katsumoto
Rookie

question for you all. Ive already looked through the car care forum but there are to many opinions. What products are you all using to clean vinyl, your leather, ect..?

also debating on washing the car. im scared because of the way the clouds are looking!

Last edited by Katsumoto; 10-06-07 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-06-07, 11:51 AM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay guys... How does October the 20th sound? around 7-8pm. As far as a location you said frankies. There are plenty of spots tbh so i am sure we can come up with something. The mountains sound nice but maybe we can do that in November? Sometime before or after the holidays (Thanks Giving).

Also with a thursday night meet to benson drag sounds great but tbh with you guys i don't have my after-nine yet and i am sure my mom would disaprove . I get my after-nine though in november (the 15th) i believe.

Also for the member list so far:

Jeremy
Mikes rx
Sonyman
Katsumoto
SC300 Dori
SCpwner

If someone can't/ can do it on the 20th post here and let me know so i can update the list. Also more input on a location.

Quick Reply: Meet in NC Raleigh Area?