Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Meet in NC Raleigh Area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-07, 11:36 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nadness210
i dont live in NC anymore
Hey Nadia, what you been up to lately? I see that you no longer live in Raleigh. I'm the same way. So you still driving the IS or sold it for something else? I know that your BF onced had that G35 that you so dearly loved. Well, if I'm ever up in Chi-town, I'll hit you up. Take care.
Old 08-16-07, 09:51 AM
nadness210
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Hey Nadia, what you been up to lately? I see that you no longer live in Raleigh. I'm the same way. So you still driving the IS or sold it for something else? I know that your BF onced had that G35 that you so dearly loved. Well, if I'm ever up in Chi-town, I'll hit you up. Take care.
hay! its been forever... where are u these days?? im bout to enter medical school in the caribbean so when im back in two years, i plan on getting a new car... of course my husband will want me to get the GT-R by that time but i dont know we'll see im hoping to get my volks powder coated black this winter for next spring winters suck really bad in chicago. if u do come, come after april!!! u take care!
Old 08-16-07, 09:43 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nadness210
hay! its been forever... where are u these days?? im bout to enter medical school in the caribbean so when im back in two years, i plan on getting a new car... of course my husband will want me to get the GT-R by that time but i dont know we'll see im hoping to get my volks powder coated black this winter for next spring winters suck really bad in chicago. if u do come, come after april!!! u take care!
I work out of Charlotte now for Bank of America. Wow, I never knew that you had intentions to go to medical school, especially in the caribean. And how time has fly. You're married now too??? I knew I should've said something back then.. Well, good luck and enjoy the new town as I sure do love to visit it from time to time.
Old 08-21-07, 06:11 PM
zero442
Driver School Candidate

I'm down for driving from Charlotte on a sunday. The sc4 is still not running an needint the swap so i cant bring that. Nissan Pathfinder will have to work for now.
Old 09-07-07, 07:33 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Alright guys just checking for updates... Is everyone still down for mid to late October? Hopefully the leaves will start turning so we can have some awesome pictures for the rest of CL
Old 09-21-07, 03:05 PM
Yardracer
Driver School Candidate

Default Raleigh Meet

I'm interested in a NC meet. Raleigh is a bit of a drive for us but if you're planning an October leaf meet, you should come to the mountains anyway! Anyway, keep me updated on what the plan is, maybe if it does head toward the mountains we could host everybody at our shop. Look forward to meeting other Lex enthusiasts no matter where it takes me.
Old 09-26-07, 07:43 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Soo... Place,date, time yet??
Old 09-26-07, 01:58 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Yardracer
I'm interested in a NC meet. Raleigh is a bit of a drive for us but if you're planning an October leaf meet, you should come to the mountains anyway! Anyway, keep me updated on what the plan is, maybe if it does head toward the mountains we could host everybody at our shop. Look forward to meeting other Lex enthusiasts no matter where it takes me.
Oh really? Where at in the mountains? I believe it would be quite a trip for some people though.
Old 09-30-07, 05:20 PM
Katsumoto
Rookie

heard about the meet in another thread and was directed here by mike. thanks

im in the raleigh/garner area.

edit: quick question. Where did you guys *if any* go for getting your windows tinted? How much did you cost and would it be possible to get metallic style tint?

Last edited by Katsumoto; 09-30-07 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 07:35 AM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Katsumoto

edit: quick question. Where did you guys *if any* go for getting your windows tinted? How much did you cost and would it be possible to get metallic style tint?
It's possible to get a metallic tint. There are limits for reflectivity just as there are for transmitted light in North Carolina. I know Johnson Lexus offers tinting services through SolarView, but I don't know what the best place would be. When I get my windows tinted it will be through Johnson Lexus.
Old 10-01-07, 09:13 PM
Katsumoto
Rookie

cool thanks for the response. ill talk to them this weekend about it and see what they can do for me. other then what youve recommended then i could always try 3m tinting on capital.
Old 10-03-07, 06:56 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Formula One tinting @2900 spring forest rd. Best window tint made!!
Old 10-03-07, 06:58 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Katsumoto

Katsumoto what part of garner area? i live off of old stage what kind of car do you have? and as far as tint me and a bud are going to get our windows tinted soon so just wait so that we all 3 can do it and get a discount from this shop i know of. I'm sure they would appreciate the business.
Old 10-03-07, 07:46 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went ahead and looked at the Formula One Tint website, and it does look like they carry a very high-quality product. I'll have to do some more research, but it looks like I may go through them if the price is right.

We still need to get a meet going though. (the original topic, afterall)
Old 10-03-07, 07:52 PM
Katsumoto
Rookie

Originally Posted by SCpwner
Katsumoto what part of garner area? i live off of old stage what kind of car do you have? and as far as tint me and a bud are going to get our windows tinted soon so just wait so that we all 3 can do it and get a discount from this shop i know of. I'm sure they would appreciate the business.
whats up man i stay off hwy 50 towards benson. Right where ten-ten and benson crosses. I drive a '02 AR Lexus Is300. The ONLY thing is i might be getting my tints done this weekend but i can always wait. Whats the place your going to and do what type of garauntee do they offer as far as the tints go? i already know at 3m tinting they said it would run me $280 which is hella steep but they do offer a lifetime warranty *any peeling, bubbling, etc. they will fix it up free of charge ).

Originally Posted by sonyman
I went ahead and looked at the Formula One Tint website, and it does look like they carry a very high-quality product. I'll have to do some more research, but it looks like I may go through them if the price is right.

We still need to get a meet going though. (the original topic, afterall)
yea your right about that. If you all come up with something let me know. Im always up to nothing or at least make time for it. Where do yall usually chill at on friday/saturday nights? i think i seen someone mention sheetz or something?

Last edited by Katsumoto; 10-03-07 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Meet in NC Raleigh Area?