Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

NC ppl: 15 MPH OVER= No license for 2 YEARS?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 02:08 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down NC ppl: 15 MPH OVER= No license for 2 YEARS?!?!?

Friend told me this today, is it true? he said it doesnt matter how old you are, but if your stopped doing 15 or more over the speed limit, you lose your license for two years. could this possibly be true? if it is and you get stopped can you fight it in court?
Old 06-08-07, 10:19 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vince1128
Friend told me this today, is it true? he said it doesnt matter how old you are, but if your stopped doing 15 or more over the speed limit, you lose your license for two years. could this possibly be true? if it is and you get stopped can you fight it in court?
This is totally false as I've had friends go way way past the speed limit before and with a good lawyer, you can get it reduced to 9 over which will only be three points on your license. When I mean way way past the speed limit, I mean like 120 in a 65mph zone..
Old 06-08-07, 10:29 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya you're buddy who told you that is full of it. I went 72 in a 45 a long while back, and the cop dropped me to 60mph so it would be exactly 15mph over. This dropped my ticket tremendously.
Old 06-09-07, 07:42 AM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

o ok good, thanks guys... that scared the hell out of me... then again, hes the type of kid who has, as a 16 year old, ONLY $35000 to spend on a car and hes blowing it on a 04 svt cobra.... what an idiot haha
Old 06-09-07, 10:59 PM
sprayin IS
Rookie

then again, hes the type of kid who has, as a 16 year old, ONLY $35000 to spend on a car and hes blowing it on a 04 svt cobra.... what an idiot haha
what a bastard...
Old 07-09-07, 07:31 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your going 15 over in a 35 however you can get in some serious trouble.
Old 07-10-07, 11:45 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If that was in MD, half the state's drivers would have suspended licenses.
Old 07-10-07, 12:03 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol, that's good to know considering I just made a NYC to Greensboro run in 8 hours this past Sat.....

The run from Durham to Greensboro had a patrol car on the side of the road, one about every two miles. All of them were empty though, it was a nice set up, they didn't try to hide the fact that the cars were empty. So you'd look at the car up ahead and after seeing the last one, guess that it would be empty too and not slow down.

THEN OUT OF THE DARKNESS (it was daylight), DODGE CHARGERS (three of em on the westbound side that I saw - two black, one blue) WOULD COME AND GET YOU....
Old 07-10-07, 12:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
lol, that's good to know considering I just made a NYC to Greensboro run in 8 hours this past Sat.....

The run from Durham to Greensboro had a patrol car on the side of the road, one about every two miles. All of them were empty though, it was a nice set up, they didn't try to hide the fact that the cars were empty. So you'd look at the car up ahead and after seeing the last one, guess that it would be empty too and not slow down.

THEN OUT OF THE DARKNESS (it was daylight), DODGE CHARGERS (three of em on the westbound side that I saw - two black, one blue) WOULD COME AND GET YOU....
No kidding, I drove from Charlotte to VA Beach last week and I saw more police than I've seen ever. In the stretch of two hours we saw probably 25 police cars/bikes and ALL of them were active with folks pulled over (often 2 cars by motorcycle cops). Several chargers and unmarked Dodge Magnums (the wagons). Tricky!
Old 07-10-07, 05:49 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
No kidding, I drove from Charlotte to VA Beach last week and I saw more police than I've seen ever. In the stretch of two hours we saw probably 25 police cars/bikes and ALL of them were active with folks pulled over (often 2 cars by motorcycle cops). Several chargers and unmarked Dodge Magnums (the wagons). Tricky!
Wow, yeah i went to ocean isle this past week and for some reason the nav told us to take the highway route through s.c. (9,20,to 77) and out in eastern s.c. we'd pass through towns where just in the town center the limit would drop off to 25 all the sudden and at one point the only reason i slowed down was not because i saw the sign, but because i saw three people pulled within 100 feet of eachother. unlimited amounts of cops out there. oohpapi, i know what your talking about, about the empty cars. i drove up to check out chapel hill last about 2-3 months ago with my dad, and he doesnt drive fast, but they would be set up all over the medians. we were joking that if somebody was being followed, and saw a police car they would try and stop to get help but no one would be there.
dave, never saw any magnums but a white unmarked charger pulled someone, never seen a white one.
now in concord they use f150's, chargers, intrepids, grand prixs, crown vics, impalas, monte carslows, exploders, undercover gt mustang, undercover white navigator.
At night i dont do more then 4 over now. those *****es are everywhere!

BUT, over 8 months of driving and no tickets. knock on wood