Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Mandrel Bend Shops in FL???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-05, 09:24 PM
Nomis
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mandrel Bend Shops in FL???

Having trouble finding a shop that has a mandrel bending machine. I live near Tampa, but would be willing to make a road trip as long as it's somewhere in FL. Everywhere I've called has had crush bending machines. I plan on running dual 2.25" from the front cats back through an X-Pipe and out to my twin Magnaflow 14851- using all Stainless if possible. Does anyone know of any shops?

Thanks.
Old 07-01-05, 04:02 PM
truckdude
Driver School Candidate

I know of Miami Muffler in deep s. fla.I was there 2-3 years ago and there was a mandrel machine on location
Old 07-01-05, 04:59 PM
Nomis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by truckdude
I know of Miami Muffler in deep s. fla.I was there 2-3 years ago and there was a mandrel machine on location
TruckDude - First off, Welcome to the Forums!
Yeah, I think you're right about Miami Muffler - I called them earlier today and they stated that they do have a mandrel bending machine. They told me to call back on Tuesday, when the shop manager is there, in order to get a price quote on the stainless piping and Tig welds. If I can't locate a mandrel shop here in Tampa, I may be making a road trip to Miami sometime soon. Thanks again for your info.

Last edited by Nomis; 07-01-05 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-01-05, 06:12 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are a few places in orlando. call Florida Custom Metals and they would be able to tell you who can do it. i was there the other day, and asked, but i dont remember what they said. i think there are 2 shops that can... one has 2 benders
Old 07-02-05, 07:37 PM
truckdude
Driver School Candidate

Thnx for the welcome
If you do enough research,Im sure you can find one closer to you.Check your local yellow pages for metal fabricators and ask a few of them.Im sure one will know..
Old 07-03-05, 01:19 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey man i think there is 1 here in clearwater the name is deep discount muffler very knowlegeable people there try them i think they have 1
Old 07-03-05, 02:42 PM
Nomis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
hey man i think there is 1 here in clearwater the name is deep discount muffler very knowlegeable people there try them i think they have 1
I'll give them a call on Tuesday and check it out - thanks.
Old 07-03-05, 02:44 PM
Nomis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
there are a few places in orlando. call Florida Custom Metals and they would be able to tell you who can do it. i was there the other day, and asked, but i dont remember what they said. i think there are 2 shops that can... one has 2 benders
I'll check them out as well, are you sure of the name of the shop, because the closest thing I found was Custom Metal Fabricators, Inc. in Orlando?
Old 07-04-05, 01:05 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup, that was my fault. thats what i was thinking. i couldnt remember and their sign was half gone due to the hurricanes last year. they mantioned 2 to me when i asked.
Old 07-04-05, 11:04 AM
Nomis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
yup, that was my fault. thats what i was thinking. i couldnt remember and their sign was half gone due to the hurricanes last year. they mantioned 2 to me when i asked.
No problem, thanks for the info - I'll check them out.
Old 07-05-05, 08:43 AM
Nomis
Lead Lap

I just gave them a ring and they don't have a mandrel bender - he said they were "too expensive". Still looking for a local shop in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area. . .
Old 07-05-05, 12:38 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomis
I just gave them a ring and they don't have a mandrel bender - he said they were "too expensive". Still looking for a local shop in the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area. . .
not sure about this one but try rainbow muffler see if they have 1
Old 07-05-05, 04:37 PM
Nomis
Lead Lap

not sure about this one but try rainbow muffler see if they have 1
Already, checked with them - they don't have one and didn't know of anyone who did in the area. Here's what I'm thinking - I'll go to a local shop and have them take measurements and determine the angles of the bends and then order pre-bent mandrel piping and then cut it to fit as needed. My other option is to go to Miami Muffler - they quoted me at 800-1000, so I'm probably not going there - that seems a bit high to me, as I already have all the parts minus the pipe and flanges.
Old 07-08-05, 01:29 PM
Nomis
Lead Lap

Anyone hear of Certified Muffler in Miami? I got a good quote from them and may be going there instead.