Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

redirected drama.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 07:43 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by onelasttry
Spy shot's. Thanks Tony for the L. i shot this pic with 2 bulbs out

what are you going to do with your tach and mph needles, they look distroyed.

i think that whole cluster is grose
the emblem is covering up the numbers on the rpm and cluster, its like distracting to the eye.
the cut around the temp and gas isnt all that great, still could see the back.
It looks hard to see at night.
does it give you 10whp?
i dont see any skills when you can open up a cluster, put a red cover on it, and distroy the needles.
how hard is it to replace light bulb condoms with some color ones?

Last edited by NRG; 09-18-03 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-18-03, 07:50 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

i think the cluster looks pretty good without the emblem. needles look good.
Old 09-18-03, 08:07 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by NRG
what are you going to do with your tach and mph needles, they look distroyed.

i think that whole cluster is grose
the emblem is covering up the numbers on the rpm and cluster, its like distracting to the eye.
the cut around the temp and gas isnt all that great, still could see the back.
It looks hard to see at night.
does it give you 10whp?
i dont see any skills when you can open up a cluster, put a red cover on it, and distroy the needles.
how hard is it to replace light bulb condoms with some color ones?
Constructive critsicism are the words of the day

I vote for a ban
Old 09-18-03, 08:08 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

i vote ban too

do you really think its easy to ban anyone on a forum? i hope you understand how the internet works.
Old 09-18-03, 08:17 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally posted by NRG
i vote ban too

do you really think its easy to ban anyone on a forum? i hope you understand how the internet works.
Yes it IS really easy to ban anyone on a forum. Let's try getting a bit more polite behavior from you, please. You've been crapping on everyone's posts in multiple threads tonight with senseless anti-rice comments. Cool it.
Old 09-18-03, 08:48 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

A. what are you going to do with your tach and mph needles, they look distroyed.

B. i think that whole cluster is grose
C. the emblem is covering up the numbers on the rpm and cluster, its like distracting to the eye.
D. the cut around the temp and gas isnt all that great, still could see the back.
E. It looks hard to see at night.
F. does it give you 10whp?
G. i dont see any skills when you can open up a cluster, put a red cover on it, and distroy the needles.
H. how hard is it to replace light bulb condoms with some color ones?
a.) there are no mph or tach needles on the cluster.
b.) grose is spelled GROSS
c.) and?
d.) they are snap in pods, i didn't touch them. tell the factory.
e.) it has 130 watts worth of bulbs in it, Ray Charles could see it.
f.) no, 50 at the crank, the blue gives slightly more.
g.) again, distroy ..... typo?

h.) P=IE through a study of luminance of factory bulbs i have searched and determined there must be a higher output bulb installed to radiate the proper lux for it to remain bright enough to see in direct sunlight. after changing 15 sets of bulbs out and countless studies on heat radiation i have picked the proper thickness of caps to withstand the heat, the proper voltage of bulbs to produce the proper luminance and radiate at 99 degrees within the cap and keep the bulb from damage due to high ambient temprature.

High Ambient Temprature.
Most miniature incandescent lamps will operate normally between -55c and +100c. When the glass temperature goes above 100c, moisture, which is entrapped in the crystalline structure of the bulb, begins to evolve into the vacuum of the bulb. This moisture begins to attack the hot tungsten filament, forming tungsten oxide that is deposited on the inside wall of the bulb. Here, moisture is released and goes back to attack the filament again. This is known in the lamp industry as water cycling. The filament becomes weaker, causing early failure and the bulb becomes prematurely black, causing light output to decrease.

Furthering my research, i have spent countless months under a magnifying glass assembling 1.5mm surface mount diodes end to end to create a 135+ long line of smd's and stuck them into a needle with the internal width of a toothpick. Designing them to work in an environment of fluctuating voltage, and balancing them to spec weight on a triple balance digital scale. I have modified the circut from 13.8 volts to 4.5 volts with absolutely no PCB modifications whatsoever. it has been designed to go back stock form within 5 minutes.

Balancing the needle's, assembling 135+ smd's, modifying the voltage of the circut without degrading the stock PCB, dremeling everything down to the mm under a magnifying glass, modifiying the stock backlighting to higher voltage bulbs through 5 pages of written formula's on heat and voltage to make sure they will work dependably, and doing it for NO PROFIT.

Is THAT the answer you were looking for?

Last edited by O. L. T.; 09-18-03 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-18-03, 09:19 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Apparently, some people don't understand the amount of work that you've put in to these clusters. After year's of people complaining and scurrying around trying to find replacement clusters for their SC's because of dead needles, you stepped up. It's given people options to make their SC unique. Aside from a few minor and inconsequential (see, I can use the spell check unlike some people. Hell, I'm drunk and know how to use it) opinions, the overwhelming majority love the new stuff. Good work.

I don't think that everything has to be about HP gains. Aesthetics (check a dictionary) is also the reason we mod cars. Otherwise companies like Volk and Lowenhart would not exist and noone would have sent Onelasttry a cluster to mod.

I wouldn't take the opinion of someone who won't mod their car seriously anyway. Isn't that the reason almost all of us are here?
Old 09-18-03, 10:02 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

not to be a cheerleader,but SLAM DUNK!!!
Old 09-18-03, 10:37 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

onelasttry: sorry. i should've read the whole thread first. i thought you were still changing the condoms on the light..
Didnt know you were working on the needles now..
good work.
About your post, i understand everything you said too. I too, love doing electric engraining stuff. I started when i was 10 with small hobbie projects kits. Then in my high school years, i modified consoles like xbox, playstation, ps2, etc. Installing mod chips with only 1mm surface room to work with. I still do it on an occasion if someone needs one done. Now i just concentrate on school and work.

Dave: ill be nice today (yea... right.. )

Vegassc400: Actually people mod their cars because they want their stuff to look good. They care about what others thinks, because they're so unsecured. Only reason why companies exist, because their are people out there that will just buy anything. Thats why i buy name brand crap.
Why do you think alot of generic rice boy brand exist? because not many can afforded big brand products. Modifying cars is very inexpensive now days.

The only reason im here, because i like to be. Im in alot of car forums, ie: honda-tech, club4ag, clubrsx, off-topic.net, etc. Do i have to own that type of car to be in the forum? The only reason im in so many, because i have the knowledge in many cars. Because i grew up with them, working in my dad's shop =

Anyways, continue on
Old 09-19-03, 12:52 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Vegassc400: Actually people mod their cars because they want their stuff to look good. They care about what others thinks, because they're so unsecured. Only reason why companies exist, because their are people out there that will just buy anything. Thats why i buy name brand crap.
That's exactly what the word "aesthetics" means. Pleasing to the eye.
Old 09-19-03, 02:24 AM
whyshoyu
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by NRG
i vote ban too

of course its easy any moderator can do it. how do you become a moderator you ask? a little bit of cash a little bit of time...... viola....!

anyways so much for the internet being a median to voice opinions. so someone has negative opinions, gee i guess we'll just have to ban him than. kinda sucks because im not gonna get a chance to see what the reply from the moderators are because ill be banned soon as i can say vrooom....!

where does a car fan have to go to voice himself....... im starting my own forums.... http://www.PREVIOUSLYSUSPENDED.com come join now.....! no self rightous moderators to look down on you. we accept all opinions here not just the ones we feel like hearing......

there my two cents........ ill be back....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by O. L. T.; 09-19-03 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-19-03, 02:29 AM
whyshoyu
Driver School Candidate

i think ill buy a honda and go on the superhonda.com forums
Old 09-19-03, 03:11 AM
NRG
Lead Lap

Originally posted by whyshoyu
i think ill buy a honda and go on the superhonda.com forums
hehe, no one really likes that forum anymore, i was on there when they first started back in 1996. All the smart, anti-rice people went to honda-tech.com
Old 09-19-03, 06:28 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally posted by whyshoyu
of course its easy any moderator can do it. how do you become a moderator you ask? a little bit of cash a little bit of time...... viola....!

anyways so much for the internet being a median to voice opinions. so someone has negative opinions, gee i guess we'll just have to ban him than. kinda sucks because im not gonna get a chance to see what the reply from the moderators are because ill be banned soon as i can say vrooom....!

where does a car fan have to go to voice himself....... im starting my own forums.... http://www.lexusclub.com come join now.....! no self rightous moderators to look down on you. we accept all opinions here not just the ones we feel like hearing......

there my two cents........ ill be back....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look guys, the point I'm trying to make here is not that you can't voice negative opinions, it's simply HOW you do it. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion on things and if somebody doesn't like the red display, that's just fine! But there is absolutely no reason to drive by several threads in an evening starting arguments and putting down other people's cars in each thread because you don't like them. Nobody wants to read responses like "that stuff is rice" on 50 posts a day. Especially when they give that kind of response to a member like OneLastTry who has invested so much personal time in trying to help the community. That's the point.

Some suggestions to help you "try". Be a little diplomatic and open-minded, ClubLexus is NOT a Honda forum, we're a Lexus forum and (I hope) a little more upscale than most ricer-focused forums. Use constructive criticism... to say you don't like it is fine, but clearly explain why and what you like better. Don't just drive by and say "that's stupid" or "that's rice" with some accompanying sarcastic comments, especially when you haven't at least taken the time to read the whole thread. NRG, I hope to see you at least try that.

I'm not sure where whyshoyu get's his ideas from how moderators come about. On CL we pick them because of the way they help other members and on their professionalism. They're all volunteers and don't pay in our get anything in return.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-19-03 at 07:10 AM.