Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Posting Pictus

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-16, 04:07 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Posting Pictus

Is thee a thread on here on how to post pictures? Do u all post from a computer or your phone? A certain size? I cant seem to figure out how to post pics at all..
Old 07-28-16, 04:27 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

the image needs to be hosted on a website like photobucket, imgur, tinypic, etc. from there you can usually copy/paste or at the very least copy/paste the image tags, a link that has [img] [/img] wrapped around it.
you can also upload the images to your account here.

you cannot simply copy and paste from a pc or phone because the site doesn't have access to your phone as a live link to be able to display the images when you are not signed in and connected to the site.
Old 07-28-16, 04:30 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

It is sooooo easy. On a PC, I am using Chrome, when on quick reply, click on the above highlighted button.
Old 07-28-16, 04:49 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
the image needs to be hosted on a website like photobucket, imgur, tinypic, etc. from there you can usually copy/paste or at the very least copy/paste the image tags, a link that has [img] [/img] wrapped around it.
you can also upload the images to your account here.

you cannot simply copy and paste from a pc or phone because the site doesn't have access to your phone as a live link to be able to display the images when you are not signed in and connected to the site.
I don't believe that that is entirely correct. If you do have pictures hosted on a photo sharing website or your own website you can probably use the method you described, but there is no need to do it that way. You can just use the method described by Jollick, and upload photos from a file on your computer. I've done so a number of times, and it is very simple to do.
Old 07-28-16, 05:36 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

OK when i insert it...its WAYYyyyyyyyy to big... how do i reduce it. and do i reduce it in windows and to what size? It looks good to me when i look at it but on this site u have to scroll from side to side to see the whole car...A photographer im not.lol
Old 07-28-16, 06:01 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent1944
OK when i insert it...its WAYYyyyyyyyy to big... how do i reduce it. and do i reduce it in windows and to what size? It looks good to me when i look at it but on this site u have to scroll from side to side to see the whole car...A photographer im not.lol
I've had the same problem the few times that I tried to post pictures. Advice/tips would be welcomed.
Old 07-28-16, 06:04 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent1944
You need to re-size the photo with picture editing software. I am a photographer, and I would re-size with Photoshop, but, if you are not a photographer, Photoshop would be overkill. If you have a Windows PC and have Office installed, you could use the Microsoft Office Picture Manager. After opening the photo in Office Picture Manager, at the top of the window, you would select the "edit pictures" option. In the panel to the right, select the "resize" option and enter the new height and width of the picture in pixels. You can just select "predefined width x height" and choose an option with a width of between 1000 and 1200 pixels, and, then, click "ok". You will end up with a picture size that should fit comfortably on most computer screens.

There are many simple photo editing software options, and many are free. Perhaps, someone else can suggest an easy-to-use option, but, regardless of what you use, you want to end up with a re-sized picture that is between about 1000 and 1200 pixels wide.
Old 07-28-16, 08:17 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

If you do it on the phone app it's extremely easy you'll see a icon that looks like a small pic click that and check every photo you wanna post!
Old 07-28-16, 08:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Photos should automatically resize or turn into thumbnails if they are too big for the forum.
Old 07-28-16, 10:13 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I don't believe that that is entirely correct. If you do have pictures hosted on a photo sharing website or your own website you can probably use the method you described, but there is no need to do it that way. You can just use the method described by Jollick, and upload photos from a file on your computer. I've done so a number of times, and it is very simple to do.

actually it is entirely correct.. you can't copy and paste a picture to a thread, you can use the picture icon as you have pointed out (I never have), but that is uploading the image NOT copying and pasting it.

I host my pictures elsewhere so I can copy and paste them from that source to here, I cannot copy and paste from my PC to here or from a phone to here, when you do this is what you get in the coding:

[img ]File:///C:\Users\marce\Pictures\2010-01-19.jpg[ /img]
it's trying to grab the image from my computer, doesn't work.

when you copy from a hosted site the coding looks like this:
[IMG ]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/mjeds/Solar%20Eclipse/sun-h-alpha_zpsdd0461e2.jpg[ /img]

in the above I intentionally left an extra space in the IMG tags so you can see the coding, otherwise you get the image and not the coding.

using the insert/upload option allows the image to be uploaded from your device to the forum, like so.

I've been writing code for 25+ years, and I have been administrating forums for 15 years, not here but I own and admin a dozen forums for various other vehicle brands and electronics devices.
Old 07-29-16, 09:13 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Using Firefox, links once clicked display for only a fraction of a second before disappearing. If you open in a new tab, they're fine. Is this a problem with the site, or with Firefox?
Old 08-04-16, 09:44 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

Go to advanced reply and you can manage down loads there meaning post picture directly. The big problem is how come all my phone pictures end up upside down or 90 degrees? They are just fine on the computer?? That is an issue that needs to be fixed, a method to rotate the photos by using the edit function.
Old 03-08-17, 12:26 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

having hard time posting pictures from my mac, it just displays a link to the picture

Last edited by CAIFAN_64; 03-08-17 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-08-17, 02:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64
having hard time posting pictures from my mac, it just displays a link to the picture

I also have a Mac. Sometimes you have to do it slowly, one at a time, typing the bracket-IMG first, then the link, and then the bracket-/IMG at the end...you can't just *****-nilly stick the link in between the two brackets any more like you once could. I still have problems sometimes adding images to my auto reviews....that's why they don't all come up with the review itself, but have to be slowly added one by one after the text is uploaded.
Old 03-08-17, 04:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64
In the debate forum, inline images are disabled because 90% of the time the images posted were inflammatory images (rude memes etc) that take the debate on a very negative tangent.

Explained in sticky at the top of the forum https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...e-posting.html