Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Annoying popups when visiting the forum on iPhone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-16, 09:04 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Thanks for letting us know. Is it a pop-up on top of the forum or does it open a new window?

it pops up on top of the thread, and then takes you to a new window. below is a photo of said popup, tho it hasn't come up today.

Old 05-13-16, 10:20 AM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
this is also issue with how navigation is set up with banner ads on the right hand side. that is the side useto scroll up and down on a mobile and one ends up clicking the ads. The worst one is ghe mobile tank game ad as it detects gesture and just passing your tumb over it without touching would result in a click through. i now use Opera with ad blocker. lose lose situation for the site and the offensive advertiser.
Thanks for pointing this out to us. I take it you're using the full desktop site when on your mobile device opposed to our mobile layout? Also, are you logged in to your Club Lexus account when you see these ads along the right side of the page?
Old 05-13-16, 02:16 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

same issue here on my iphone6 safari browser.. probably not logged in.
Old 05-13-16, 06:10 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for pointing this out to us. I take it you're using the full desktop site when on your mobile device opposed to our mobile layout? Also, are you logged in to your Club Lexus account when you see these ads along the right side of the page?
windows 10 on dell tablet, always logged in so the site auto detects the profile.
Old 05-17-16, 02:42 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Thanks. We'll take a look. In the meantime, you should still be able to scroll by simply flicking your finger up and down anywhere else on the screen, correct?
Old 05-17-16, 02:47 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

Thanks. We'll take a look. In the meantime, you should still be able to scroll by simply flicking your finger up and down anywhere else on the screen, correct?
no.. i basically have to press the back button and reload the page.
Old 05-17-16, 02:49 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Ah, okay. Thank you for clarifying!