Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Private Message Notifications

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-15, 05:42 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Private Message Notifications

I exchanged a few private messages with a CL member two months ago, but he never replied to my last message.
I'd like to think that he got an email notifying him of my last reply, but it is not clear if he saw my PM.

After checking his profile, it turns out he has not accessed CL for two months, as well.

If I send him another private message now, will he get another email notification?

Or does it work the same way it does in forum threads? i.e., in subscribed threads, you get one email as soon as a new post appears after you've visited a thread, but you are not notified of subsequent posts until you visit the thread again.

I don't have his email address, but, if a few more weeks go by and he still has not logged on, would I be able to get a moderator to email him a gentle reminder that he has PM(s) waiting?

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 06-23-15 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-24-15, 07:37 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Hi Perry, I'm not 100% on the answer.

If you want to turn on your notifications I can send you a PM, and then followup with another to see if you get two emails.
Old 06-24-15, 09:34 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up Easily figured out

Well, that was easy enough to test!
I see the two PMs you sent, and, in my email inbox, I see two notification emails.

So, if you have "notifications on", everytime you get a PM from someone, you'll get an email notification, even if the same person sends more than one PM.

This differs from how forum notifications work. Good to know.

Thank you, Dave!

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 06-24-15 at 08:56 PM.