Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

IB Auto App error

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-15, 06:29 AM
fastnoypi
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Are you using the new app version Brett references above (what version)?
version 1.3.18 ..is there a way to update directly from the app itself? i dont seem to see a way through "settings". If not, i will delete the app and see if there is a new version in the Google Play store
Old 05-10-15, 06:56 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

not an android user so can't tell you, but if you aren't on the latest version definitely update; you'll keep getting the same reported errors otherwise on the old version.
Old 05-10-15, 07:27 AM
fastnoypi
Racer

Default IB Auto App error

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
not an android user so can't tell you, but if you aren't on the latest version definitely update; you'll keep getting the same reported errors otherwise on the old version.
I uninstalled and installed the ib auto group app...still have issues viewing certain threads. I just installed the beta garage talk app and it seems to work well so far.
Old 05-11-15, 03:17 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Apologies for the app issues, everyone. As BrettJacks noted, we recently launched a new app called Garage Talk, which resolves the issues currently occurring in the IB Auto Group app, as well as provides a faster interface and cleaner design. We are winding down support for the IB Auto Group app and plan to focus on Garage Talk going forward, so I encourage you to give it a try!

The app is already available for Android devices via the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.autocomm

We will also be launching Garage Talk for iOS very, very soon.

Thank you!
Old 05-12-15, 12:04 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Default IB Auto App error

the new app is pretty decent. It looks nicer, allows for better text editing and inserting images, AND it actually displays images.

it's still new, and needs a little polish like any app, so be sure to use the report issue function. overall i really enjoy it though.
Old 05-12-15, 03:53 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Thanks for the feedback, Brett! It's definitely a work in progress, so please don't hesitate to report any issues as you find them via the in-app Report option.
Old 05-28-15, 01:40 PM
fastnoypi
Racer

Tried to log into the GarageTalk app a few times today. Kept getting an error.... ERROR parsing JSON object.
Old 05-28-15, 03:04 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Originally Posted by fastnoypi
Tried to log into the GarageTalk app a few times today. Kept getting an error.... ERROR parsing JSON object.
The Garage Talk app should now be working again. Please let me know if you continue to see any error messages.

Thanks!
Old 05-28-15, 04:09 PM
fastnoypi
Racer

Originally Posted by IB Jason
The Garage Talk app should now be working again. Please let me know if you continue to see any error messages.

Thanks!
Confirmed the error is gone, though the app crashed at first upon launching it. It hasn't crashed since now i've opened and closed it 5 times.

thanks
Old 05-28-15, 04:43 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Originally Posted by fastnoypi
Confirmed the error is gone, though the app crashed at first upon launching it. It hasn't crashed since now i've opened and closed it 5 times.

thanks
The initial crash may have been triggered by the app syncing with the changes we made on our servers, but it should only occur that one time. Please let me know if it happens again at any point.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-15, 11:52 AM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Good news, everyone! The iOS version of our new Garage Talk app is now available for download in the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id964719306

If you have an Android device and haven't yet switched to the new app, it can be found in the Google Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.autocomm

Thanks!