Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Maintenance/repair questions from new CL posters.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-15, 01:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Maintenance/repair questions from new CL posters.

Dave/Mods: I've noticed, lately, that, for some reason, a number of brand-new CL posters (those with only one or two posts) often start by posting questions about problems they are having with their vehicles in the Car Chat forum. Seems like at least one or two a day lately. Of course, there's probably nothing wrong with that, as we can and do talk about virtually anything with four wheels (and sometimes two or three) in that forum. But we also have a dedicated forum (Maintenance) for questions and problems like that....not to mention vehicle-specific Lexus forums. I am often, after welcoming them and giving my own opinion as to what may be wrong with their vehicles, suggesting the Maintenance forum....and sometimes the mods automatically switch those posts over. My suggestion: I'm wondering if, when new posters first log into CL, when the list of forums pops up, the Maintenance forum could somehow be highlighted.....perhaps in larger, bolder type or in a different color Maintenance than the standard dark blue for the regular forum-headings. That would make it stand out, catch the eye of new posters, and they would be more likely to post in the maintenance forum to start with, and where a lot of their posts end up anyway after the moderators shift them.

MM

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-14-15 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-15-15, 10:37 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

MM,

I wish it were as easy as that. We get those same posts here in this very forum despite multiple announcements and notices telling the new folks where to put their first posts.

Most of them belong in the Lexus model forums. Some are spammers. Just have to sort them out and teach them where to post when it happens; we haven't found any way to make people do this.

When you see them, just report the post and the mods can help move them to the right spot - thanks