Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Be able to tag other users and they get notification

Old 03-13-15, 02:30 PM
InLyneTrbo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be able to tag other users and they get notification

On some forums out there, there is this great "mention" command (@userID) that allows you to tag someone in a specific thread in the normal comment/reply field. I would love to be able to tag a specific user in a thread that they are not subscribed to so that they would get notification of that thread, and be able to go directly to the thread that they are tagged in via the notification. A tag counter would also be kind of cool to have on each user's public profile.

Sorry if this already part of the current code on here as I obviously don't know how to do this yet, if it is.
Old 03-14-15, 07:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Thanks for suggesting. I did a little bit of digging and while it isn't natively available on the software we use, there are some plug-ins that provide this functionality.

I'll pass this along to see if its something Internet Brands wants to include in a future release or if they're already using on other communities.