Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Ad takes over whole page on pop up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-14, 06:21 AM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Ad takes over whole page on pop up!!!

That damn Peoples ad pops up every few minutes and takes over the whole page for 10-30 secs
Old 12-15-14, 06:07 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

We don't have any pop-ups ads on our site. I suggest you run a spyware / adware sweep of your device

The advertisements we do have are more prominent when you browse the site without logging in. If you aren't logged in when looking at the forums, please do so.
Old 12-15-14, 07:36 PM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

I followed another threads suggestion and got adblock. Everything loads so much better now without ads. I always log in to browse. That Peoples ad I was referring to showed up on the right side of the page with all the others and then would take over the whole page for up to 20 seconds before I could get back to the CL page.

I realize that adware can come from anywhere and you may have little control. My system is generally locked down with anti virus/antimalware etc and that ad only showed up on CL so I would say its one of yours gone wild but no matter they are all gone now.