Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

New Website Feedback Thread!

Old 03-01-03, 04:36 PM
Static911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Website Feedback Thread!

Folks,

If you see any bugs, experience any problems or have a suggestion on improving the interface of the website, please post it here or email me at ekay@clublexus.com. We will be releasing access to the library soon for premium members.

I like to thank all those who contributed toward the success of this new site. I listed a few people on our front page article, but for those that I missed, you know who you are...

Thanks,

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 03-01-03 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-01-03, 04:51 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

when you log in from the box it gives you an error message "no forum specified".
Old 03-01-03, 04:54 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I like the new graphical look and background of this ClubLexus site, but I'm a little bit leery of the wording "The Lexus Owners Club" on the top banner of each page loaded, since there exists a website called http://www.lexusownersclub.com (owned by the UK). Other than that, I love the upgraded appearance!
Old 03-01-03, 05:03 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good, now I just need the link so I can renew my Paid Membership status, which expired back on Jan 1st. Thanx
Old 03-01-03, 05:10 PM
Static911

lexusk8,

Yes, that is UK site. I wish them the best. We primarily focus on the Lexus owners located in North America. I don't see the problem. Our servers and operation are based in US, not in UK. There is a Lexus club in nearly every region of the world. Saudi Arabia's Lexus Owner Club is located in a dealership (I presume the only Lexus dealership in Saudi Arabia). Lexus of Canada, whom has contacted me about doing joint projects, has their own club, called "Club Lexus". The list goes on.

Ethan
Old 03-01-03, 05:24 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Nice job on the re-design Ethan. Nice BIG search button!

-Anthony
Old 03-01-03, 05:33 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Ethan,
Noticed a bug in the profile, when I try to edit my profile, it's asking for information for every field, such as address etc. I am sure I am not alone in not wanting to give that information out for others to have access to.
Old 03-01-03, 05:39 PM
Static911

That information is private. The team of modereators discussed this and hopefully, they can chime in. We are later programming so it can be option AND retain the location. Also, we are in the process of making official membership cards. In my opinion, it will be quite difficult to issue cards to members when I do not have their address. But just to reiterate, we are making it optional in the near future.

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 03-01-03 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-01-03, 05:57 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

The update is great!!! I especially like the "search" feature on the upper-left corner of every page.
Old 03-01-03, 06:16 PM
strongsail
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool old blind guy needs help

I love the layout of the new site, but how can I make the fonts bigger? The font control on my browser doesn't do anything to the message text. I'm getting a headache!

Also, the thread and post titles appear even smaller than the message text.

Last edited by strongsail; 03-01-03 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-01-03, 07:20 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by Static911
lexusk8,

Yes, that is UK site. I wish them the best. We primarily focus on the Lexus owners located in North America. I don't see the problem. Our servers and operation are based in US, not in UK. There is a Lexus club in nearly every region of the world. Saudi Arabia's Lexus Owner Club is located in a dealership (I presume the only Lexus dealership in Saudi Arabia). Lexus of Canada, whom has contacted me about doing joint projects, has their own club, called "Club Lexus". The list goes on.

Ethan
Ethan,

That all sounds fair, I guess I was just a bit concerned if we inadvertently "copied" the name of another website w/out their permission, etc. etc. Thanks for the clarification

-Doug
Old 03-01-03, 07:55 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Heck yeah! The new CL totally rocks!! Beautiful job guys!

Cool! More smilies! I was going to request more...You read my mind. Again, congrats on the design and thanks for making this site better and better.

Old 03-01-03, 09:33 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the site looks great , but how do i go to user cp?
Old 03-01-03, 09:41 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ok ,i got it. the search on thr top is awsome. , plus i love the new smiley's
Old 03-01-03, 09:49 PM
armus
Driver School Candidate

The use of jpeg for menu item graphics is a big web design taboo (e.g., there are lots of ugly DCT artifacts around the text), and switching to gif would be welcome change.

The resulting files might not be larger, but if they are then the proper use of caching directives should address this. To use an example, yahoo's title graphic isn't called "yahoo.gif". Instead it's called something like "m6v8b.gif" with a caching directive that says the file won't change for 20 years. This doesn't prevent yahoo from changing the graphic, since all they have to do is change the html to refer to a different image "m6v8c.gif".

Anyway, I'm not a web page designer, but I have written a few http cache servers (and done some work with the jpeg standard).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Website Feedback Thread!