Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Please create new sub-forum in Classifieds...???

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-14, 12:44 PM
Daspyda
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Question Please create new sub-forum in Classifieds...???

I am a new SC400 owner, and I am trying to obtain parts to complete/upgrade it. Specifically, I was in desperate need for a new back window after some idiot kid decided to walk over the car and his heel landed on the lower edge and shattered it. I had to PM a couple people who had part out listings of FL origin, but I found one at a salvage yard about 50 miles away yesterday after hours of Google searching and phone calls.

Would you guys consider creating a sub-forum for noobs to be able to access that deals specifically with WTB (Want to Buy) listings? I think it would help the main Classifieds Forum, too.

Thanks for your hard work here. I am an admin on another car forum - spyderchat.com - and it's a thankless job.

Don
Old 09-09-14, 06:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

We've considered a previous request to put a WTB subsection in the model forums and won't do that. Our classified forums are fairly heavily moderated for the safety of our members. We came the conclusion that many members will put their FS threads in the unrestricted main WTB forums resulting in the need for constant moderation. We've already got a regular issue with that in the main forums with new members who don't want to wait the 30 days / 30 posts.

Regardless, thanks for the suggestion Don, we're likely to implement a significant application update to the classifieds which may better meet your requirements. In the interm (as you already know), you can respond to FS threads already posted in the classifieds. Recognize it's a little inconvenient for the first month but contribute a bit and you'll be over it quickly.