Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Redirecting to unknown site on first connection

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-14, 04:10 AM
huudoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya loaded adwcleaner, hitman pro, malware bytes,microsoft windows defender, windows malicious software removal tool.. I have ran several scans with nothing found.....
this site has a rouge redirect for a sponsor ...
sorry I am done with club lexus.. too risky cheers

last known redirect

http://comptuerupdatenow.com/ujp1/f9...source=mbs-red

Last edited by huudoo; 08-10-14 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-11-14, 01:55 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry you're still getting redirected, huudoo. We're working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I sent you one more PM with a few additional questions, if you're willing to take a moment to answer them.

Thanks!
Old 08-26-14, 10:26 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Java redirect virus...

Anyone getting directed to a fake java update website? Occuring for me on both home PCs, Mac, and work machines. All come up clean and it only occurs when visiting clublexus.
Old 08-27-14, 10:06 AM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Originally Posted by sorka
Anyone getting directed to a fake java update website? Occuring for me on both home PCs, Mac, and work machines. All come up clean and it only occurs when visiting clublexus.
Do you happen to recall which sections of Club Lexus you were in when the redirects occurred? If you still have the URL of the fake Java update site in your browser's history, can you please provide that as well?

Thank you!
Old 08-27-14, 10:09 AM
sorka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Do you happen to recall which sections of Club Lexus you were in when the redirects occurred? If you still have the URL of the fake Java update site in your browser's history, can you please provide that as well?

Thank you!
It was the SC430 section. It was something like fixyourcomputer.com. I'll make sure to copy and paste it the next time. It does it almost always the first time I visit after not having been there for a day.
Old 08-27-14, 04:07 PM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Originally Posted by sorka
It was the SC430 section. It was something like fixyourcomputer.com. I'll make sure to copy and paste it the next time. It does it almost always the first time I visit after not having been there for a day.
Thanks for the information. When it next happens, please pass along both the URL of the site you're redirected to and the specific Club Lexus page you were on right before the redirect.
Old 09-02-14, 09:53 PM
pilotd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i keep getting the re-direct as well some java update recommended...whats this all about?
Old 09-02-14, 11:03 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

Happened again. This time on my mac. Wasn't logged into club lexus. I navigated to the site and clicked on the forum tab at the top. Before I could even select a sub forum, the redirect occurred.

This is the URL(DO NOT CLICK ON THIS unless you know what you're doing)!!!

http://fixcomputerupdate.com/ujp1/10...source=mbs-red
Old 09-03-14, 09:59 AM
IB Jason
IB Staff

Sorry these redirects are still happening. Can you please provide the URLs of where you were on the forum immediately before the redirect occurred? pilotd, do you happen to recall the web address of the site you were sent to after the redirect occurred?

We also recommend everyone runs a virus scan to ensure your machine is not infected with malware. Please try following these steps to see if you have any sort of virus on your computer: http://www.safebro.com/downloadrequi...m-virus-remove

Thank you!
Old 09-03-14, 11:40 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get this on windows and mac, multiple machines.

I am using Chrome, what is everyone else using>?

Also what router and which DNS servers? I use the same router and DNS severs at two locations, trying to see if someone else is using same combo.
Old 09-03-14, 11:44 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Of note, I've never seen it happen and I use Chrome on PC or safari on ipad. I suspect it's because I run adblocker plus plugin and suspect these are occurring as part of an advertisement hijack. Are other folks using any adblocker that have gotten them?
Old 09-03-14, 12:40 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Not using a blocker....
Old 09-03-14, 11:29 PM
sorka
Lead Lap

I get this is on IE and chrome on windows and Safari and Chrom on mac.

The URL I was on was literally https://www.clublexus.com and I clicked on the forum tab and it occurred when the flyout unfolded.
Old 10-08-14, 12:32 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto above^. It happens right when i click on forums on www.clublexus.com. It re-directs to a fake Java update site.
Old 10-08-14, 02:28 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

I get the same thing at two different places. Both places use the same Router and Comcast for internet.

I was away for a week, on the same laptop where the redirect happens at those locations, it did not happen that entire week while I was using a different ISP and Router.

Quick Reply: Redirecting to unknown site on first connection