Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Ads causing strange iPad issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-13, 05:18 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ads causing strange iPad issues

I access CL quite often on both my Mac and iPad these days. Access via Chrome, Safari, or Firefox on the Mac at the most recent software versions of each is no problem. On my iPad "3" (retina), using built-in Safari, and the latest version of iOS in the past few days has become problematic at times, depending upon which ads are being served.

Some ads from Hyundai, etc look normal on the top horizontal area or vertically on the right side of the display. Ads like TireRack have never quite lined-up, but do not impair usage (see photo below for how it look). Recently though -- and I'd guess this started in the past week or two, two issues have become more prominent:

-- Occasionally a floating ad for "Ultra Beauty Supplies" shows up full-width at the bottom of the screen. If I try to press the "x" to close it in the lower right of the ad, it actually clicks through to the CL site, and things go a bit wild with marking all forums as read sometimes. There is definitely some issue with this lower floating ad. I've not had others show up down in that area, so don't know if this problem is pervasive with all bottom floating ads. I also have been unable to capture a screen image of this issue -- it's not there after I try to snap the PNG. Very odd.

-- The other problem I have an iPad screen capture to demonstrate. Perhaps 20-30% of the time -- it varies a lot I guess on how you use Adsense (if that's what CL uses), ads show up on the right side of the display in an odd location that causes Safari on the iPad to resize making CL very difficult to use. Note the ads themselves do not show content, only the little arrow that I'm afraid to click to see what happens.

Thanks for everything related to CL. I've enjoyed my membership for more than 10 years, so thought I'd provide feedback in case you were not aware of issues mobile users accessing the site are encountering.
Attached Thumbnails Ads causing strange iPad issues-img_0196.jpg  

Last edited by BertL; 03-16-13 at 05:23 AM. Reason: spelling!
Old 03-16-13, 06:15 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Thanks Bert! We'll get those blocked, I reported a similar issue last week on a Hyundai ad with my iPad.
Old 03-16-13, 08:07 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Dave.

...and in case it helps you track it down, I just managed to get a picture of that Ulta (sorry, not "Ultra" as I originally thought) Beauty Supply ad that is so strange.
Attached Thumbnails Ads causing strange iPad issues-img_0198.jpg  
Old 03-16-13, 09:02 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

I suspect the common issue is the Hyundai and Kia ads that messes up formatting