Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Who is in charge of the Clublexus Facebook and Instagram Pages?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-13, 06:39 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Who is in charge of the Clublexus Facebook and Instagram Pages?

As the title asks.
Old 01-23-13, 07:28 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

You can PM me directly with any requests and I will pass along to the appropriate folks. Thanks.
Old 01-23-13, 08:38 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

So to be clear Clublexus vendors and members are not to know who is in charge of these accounts? We must PM you to find out? It must be an editor, it isn't me, it isn't Ryan so it must be Rominl/Henry.

No PM will be sent, I will go to the source now. Thanks.
Old 01-23-13, 10:50 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Fine with me but i will still investigate. There are a handful of people with access and with no context it's hard to help.

As you know from personal experience (you did nearly the exact same thing yourself under the CL FB account threatening a local Atlanta company) sometimes people are logged into the wrong account when they read and post stuff. You figure out what happened, fix it and move on, just like this.
Old 01-23-13, 12:03 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Fine with me but i will still investigate. There are a handful of people with access and with no context it's hard to help.

As you know from personal experience (you did nearly the exact same thing yourself under the CL FB account threatening a local Atlanta company) sometimes people are logged into the wrong account when they read and post stuff. You figure out what happened, fix it and move on, just like this.
If you want to talk about the editorial role, then like you said "PM me". How dare you bring that up when it has nothing to do with this event and no investigation has been completed of this event. If you want to go there, my FB access was deactivated and no one had the common courtesy or decency to explain or tell me why. You have no idea if it was a "mistake" or done with malicious intent. If a "mistake" was made, it was never corrected as it has been there 2 days. It is quite obvious it was done to insult Vossen and it will be handled as such.

We have contacted Internet Brands and they have replied quickly.
Old 01-23-13, 12:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
If you want to talk about the editorial role, then like you said "PM me". How dare you bring that up when it has nothing to do with this event and no investigation has been completed of this event. If you want to go there, my FB access was deactivated and no one had the common courtesy or decency to explain or tell me why. You have no idea if it was a "mistake" or done with malicious intent. If a "mistake" was made, it was never corrected as it has been there 2 days. It is quite obvious it was done to insult Vossen and it will be handled as such.

We have contacted Internet Brands and they have replied quickly.
My context with that comment merely illustrated "accidents happen" when people are clicking thumbs up to posts or commenting on different accounts. Happens to everyone.... Nothing more, nothing less.

In light of your response, I suppose a "how dare you" applies equally to a personal and public accusation you made that is WAY out of line without an investigation. Doesn't even have access to Instagram.

, it isn't me, it isn't Ryan so it must be Rominl/Henry.

Mike, just because things happened two days ago doesn't mean they can be fixed if you don't bring an issue to our attention, don't provide specific details with a vague post like this (which I saw prior to your reported post) There isn't any magic time machine and I don't know how you can possibly expect something to be investigated and solved retroactively and when you provide so little detail to help you and are intent on nothing but pointing fingers and chewing asses.

I hope Internet Brands helps you get it fixed and glad they have responded, there doesn't appear to be any way or desire for me to help so i will wish you good luck
Old 01-23-13, 05:58 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

there doesn't appear to be any way or desire for me to help so i will wish you good luck
Since you stated you have no desire to help a paying vendor on Clublexus try to solve an issue they feel is of high priority and a violation of"good faith" I will just end this discussion and handle it with IB. Thanks for supporting a vendor that has gone above and beyond to supporting Clublexus.
Old 01-23-13, 06:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Since you stated you have no desire to help a paying vendor on Clublexus try to solve an issue they feel is of high priority and a violation of"good faith" I will just end this discussion and handle it with IB. Thanks for supporting a vendor that has gone above and beyond to supporting Clublexus.
You are entirely misrepresented my comment above... it was a statement that YOU have no desire for me to help you based on the following:
  • You provided absolutely no information about the issue that concerns you
  • You refused to PM me with details
  • You pointed fingers at people for "the issue" that don't even have access to applications
  • You complain we didn't solve something two days ago that we didn't know about until you didn't tell us about it today
  • You've already gone to IB to complain and said they've responded to you

Again, I'm at a loss on how to help you with this type of aggressive obfuscation and have clearly been responsive despite (frankly) your ill manners here. I'll again offer for you to PM me and I'll be glad to try to help but I also don't have access to or monitor all the social apps either. Or if you prefer you can continue to follow up directly with Internet Brands (or both).

Morning edit - after extensive investigation using the meager supporting detail provided, we have concluded that the Instagram account you are complaining about is not operated by any official Club Lexus or Internet Brands resources.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-24-13 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-25-13, 12:42 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

You are entirely misrepresented my comment above... it was a statement that YOU have no desire for me to help you based on the following:
  • You provided absolutely no information about the issue that concerns you
  • You refused to PM me with details
  • You pointed fingers at people for "the issue" that don't even have access to applications
  • You complain we didn't solve something two days ago that we didn't know about until you didn't tell us about it today
  • You've already gone to IB to complain and said they've responded to you

Again, I'm at a loss on how to help you with this type of aggressive obfuscation and have clearly been responsive despite (frankly) your ill manners here. I'll again offer for you to PM me and I'll be glad to try to help but I also don't have access to or monitor all the social apps either. Or if you prefer you can continue to follow up directly with Internet Brands (or both).

Morning edit - after extensive investigation using the meager supporting detail provided, we have concluded that the Instagram account you are complaining about is not operated by any official Club Lexus or Internet Brands resources.
Okay so in a bit of irony (seeing our complaints as of late) Clublexus got copied and there is a fake account not owned by them? This is rich. If you would like our accounts to report it please let us know and/or I'll ask Nolan.

Forums, FB, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Vimeo, Viddy, Diddy..... I need a drink
Old 01-25-13, 01:27 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

No I think we've got it handled, thanks. Suspect it's simply an enthusiastic CL member.

I will suggest in the future all of this could very easily have been handled by a simple PM giving a link to the exact question / issue and asking "hey Dave can you see what's up with this?" instead of the approach here along with the reported post and accusations.
Old 01-25-13, 05:13 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

No I think we've got it handled, thanks. Suspect it's simply an enthusiastic CL member.

I will suggest in the future all of this could very easily have been handled by a simple PM giving a link to the exact question / issue and asking "hey Dave can you see what's up with this?" instead of the approach here along with the reported post and accusations.