Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Post closed, wondering why.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-12, 08:41 AM
Samwheels
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Post closed, wondering why.

Hello, I'm a new member on Lexus forums. My post was closed (I assume by the moderator) and I'm wondering why. I thought I was adhering to the rules, but apparently not. My post is called " 95 SC300 32K Miles, How Much to Ask for it?" and it's in the Lexus Models SC forum. Thank you. Just want to know what to avoid in the future.
Old 12-22-12, 12:07 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Quite frankly you are lucky it wasn't deleted. It was allowed to stay, but your very first post generally shouldn't be about selling your car. That's not how our community runs, as well it is quite spammy in some ways to go into our main forums where business is not allowed and describe the car you are selling to a T on your very first post. Intent is irrelevant.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-23-12, 02:00 PM
Samwheels
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Quite frankly you are lucky it wasn't deleted. It was allowed to stay, but your very first post generally shouldn't be about selling your car. That's not how our community runs, as well it is quite spammy in some ways to go into our main forums where business is not allowed and describe the car you are selling to a T on your very first post. Intent is irrelevant.

Hope this helps.
Thank you O.L.T. for clarifying what I did wrong. Clearly I did not read the user guide thoroughly enough. I just want to figure out how to help my mother by selling her car, and pricing it correctly is a start. And knowing how much to reduce the price because of reported damage would also be useful. I described the car to present the facts, not as a means to sell it. So as you surmised my intent is not what's under scrutiny here. This is not the site to figure out how to price the car. Understood.