Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Web host for vendor sites not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-12, 06:56 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Web host for vendor sites not working

I know this isn't the right place to post this, so move it where it needs to be.

It looks like there is another attack coming via clublexus.com. It started earlier when the pages would take a long, long time to load. Now.. any time I try to go to a competing vendors website, I get a funny looking "server error" message no matter whose site it is.

I've tried restarting Firefox but the problem persists.

www.kbcarstuff.com
www.ijdmtoy.com

etc etc etc.. they're all getting hijacked to show a fake server error. This has to be coming from a competitor inserting some type of attack script into the site.

ALL other sites work fine for me.. the only "errors" I'm getting are for any and all ClubLexus.com vendors.

Web host for vendor sites not working-cxzcx.jpg
Old 11-13-12, 08:09 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This looks to be something on the actual sites, if it were coming from CL it wouldn't appear on their websites. ijdmtoy.com is back online. They might both be using the same company to host their stores (Yahoo etc.) Which would explain why they both have the same type error message.

A number of sites have had this issue, unless someone unleashed one massive attack (which I doubt)

I checked some of the other vendor sites listed on CL and they are all working.

Give it some time and they will be back online.

***Update***

I just checked and sure enough both ijdm and the other site both use the same company to host their store and that company is having issues with their servers.

Last edited by LaVaism; 11-13-12 at 08:12 PM. Reason: update information
Old 11-13-12, 08:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Thank you for looking out and alerting us even if it was a false alarm!
Old 11-14-12, 07:17 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Too funny! Sorry about the false alarm, but that's the hokiest looking server error message I've ever seen.. and super weird coincidence that only CL vendors were seemingly affected. Couple that with the recent happening.. and you can see where I would get itchy.

On a side note, good thing I ran a full system scan as I was loaded with that new-ish Java exploit that's running rampant right now and I just scanned last week! I've never had a virus in my life, either. These suckers are getting tricky.