Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Site Suggestions & Problems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

VIP Auto Salon communication problem

Old 04-07-12, 08:20 PM   #1
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

I rather hold a conversation either on the phone or face to face with my friends.
Default VIP Auto Salon...

Anyone order from them before? No joke, I paid for JDM visors in Nov11, and still haven't seen them. After 2 emails and 2 PMs, finally received a reply in March that I would get them sometime this month. Just an apology, no explanation.

Someone there had to know. An email to me in December telling me I would get it in April still would have been appreciated.

I have heard of one other person having the same issue here on CL with these guys. Any Chicago CL folks deal with them before?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
PurduePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 12:25 PM   #2
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

That is so irritating. I see so many of these car companies that pull the same BS. I feel for you.
CaptAwsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 07:16 AM   #3
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

I rather hold a conversation either on the phone or face to face with my friends.

Unbelivably, I still have not received them yet.....wtf!
Old 05-09-12, 06:02 PM   #4
QCisf
Driver
Trader Score: (3)

Default VIP Auto Salon communication problem

Hi all,

I have ordered some brakes and a JoeZ intake for my F a month ago at VIP Auto Salon. The same day, they sent me an email telling me that they will provide me a tracking number since the order was shipped out. I NEVER receive an answer back from them since 1 month and even though I wrote them plenty of messages.

I want to know if you guys have some information about that compagny in regard of shipping or communication problems. I know that this site is not a scam but they don't answer me!!

Regards,

Julien
QCisf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 06:16 PM   #5
RichieISF
Rookie

Happened to me also bud...

Ordered a Fuel Controller.. waited almost 8 weeks for it , (i sent email to them asking for updates almost every week.) there website said they had it in stock .?

then when i did get the item , the instructions were in Japanese, when i emailed them to ask how to fit it ( they had one fitted to a promo car) or if they could source the instructions in English , I'm still waiting for a reply...
Plus i sent them a email and a PM on here requesting some info on the Icode FFM, again still waiting for a reply.

You will get your item, no doubt bout it .. it may take a while, but you will def get your item...
I personally found there stock range excellent... its just a shame the customer service side is ****..
RichieISF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 06:19 PM   #6
Apexsports
Pole Position

I hear ya...I ordered a number of items from them, left them messages, (as they never seem to answer their phone) and have never received a single call or email back.

Def. not very impressed with their customer service...at all. This will be my last order with them unless in the future they are the only company to carry the item I want.
Obsidian IS-F KW V3 Coils -JoeZ exhaust -JoeZ intake -Sikky sway bar -ProjectMu pads -Centric rotors -S4play diffuser -2013 headlights -Nigel LED mirrors -Blue doorsills -Obsidian front splitters -Painted calipers -Painted brake ducts -Pearl black emblems -HID fogs -Michelin PSS 245/275

-------------

Last edited by Apexsports; 05-09-12 at 08:19 PM..
Apexsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 06:30 PM   #7
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Thats weird because VIP has been pretty good for me. They have always kept me in the loop and seem to get things out on time.
Zapa
zapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 06:35 PM   #8
QCisf
Driver

Thanks guys, at least, now I know that im not the only one who have encounter this problem.
On another note, do you know if Carson Tuned have a good customer service and resepctable shipping time??
Old 05-09-12, 07:07 PM   #9
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Yup not impressed either.... Wanted to order a toms cf aero kit asked if its in stock they responded diffuser isn't so I responded asking how long they didn't respond then I emailed again with no response.... Interesting way to do business I mean I was only looking to drop $3300+ I'll find the parts else wear.
2015 white on black premium GTR with Ecutek Tune, RD Engineering Y pipe, down pipes, 3" cold air intakes, 1000cc injectors and HKS axle back exhaust, 586whp/ 597wt on 91. ADV10SL MV.2 brushed gloss red with black exposed hardware and lowered on KW's

DD - 2014 Ram Quad Cab Hemi Sport fully loaded with leather and more goodies than most cars

Sold - 2011 MRM ISF
Murph145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 07:09 PM   #10
laobo979
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)

Carson Tuned is good customer service. You can actual call and talk to Carlos i think that his name that does the online/ Vendor on hear. But as for the joe z intake it take awhile to get until Joe himself make the batch to ship out. VIP auto doesnt even reply to people on facebook but they post stuff up.

IS350 08 TP
laobo979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 07:49 PM   #11
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

I told myself it was just a matter of time......b/c I can't be the only one who has an issue with this poor/borderline shady business.

There seems to be a lot of current activity on Facebook from VIP Auto Salon, but just not much activity to the actual customers. Sure I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the web shop guy is totally independent from the PR guy? The PR guy that post in here and Facebook seems very legit. Here's my story...

I sent them the below email on 3/5/12:

I made an order for JDM window visors for my Lexus IS-F on 11/1/2011. I have not heard a word on them and it is now 3/5/2012. Please reply to this email.

Regards,

Then they reply 3/7/12

Our apologies for the late update status of your order. Lexus Japan had been back ordered on this particular item of which we recently checked and have a firm lead time of a mid march availability. Because you have waited this long already we are going to opt to have your window visors airfreighted opposed to a consoladated ocean freight which will significantly cut down on shipping time.

We do apologize again for the lengthiness of your order.

Please feel free to reply back to this email with any questions or concerns.

It is now 5/9/2012, still no jdm visors or any update. Oh an in regards to the friendly gesture of "Please feel free to reply back to this email with any questions or concerns," I decided to forgive them and asked for a quote on an iCode CF hood, and you guessed it, no reply.

It seems their web-based business is not very important to them. I say “web-based” b/c didn't I see some positive stories from members here on their actual shop? Like I said, there must be 2 entities to VIP AUTO SALON. 1 - PR based (Good) and 1 - Web based (Very SHADY!). The web-based is beyond SHADY at this point now that I see more blatant experiences from others!!!!!!

Communication is the key. I rather they send me an email once a month, even if I don’t see my paid jdm visors until 1 year after I bought them.
Old 05-09-12, 08:10 PM   #12
QCisf
Driver

Wow.. I hope that my parts will not take 1 years to ship.. This is completely non-sense.
Old 05-09-12, 08:16 PM   #13
streetx
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)

im still waiting on my wald spoiler

they said it was due to arrive to them last week and they would notify me when it came in. Still no word yet.

im sure i will get as i already got my swift springs from them. Guess they have follow up issues
streetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:30 PM   #14
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Yea I own my own business and without proper customer support they will fail after time. Hopefully they shape up and get someone that responds much faster then whomever thy are using now.

All I know is I will try and find alternate routes to purchase my Jdm supplies
2015 white on black premium GTR with Ecutek Tune, RD Engineering Y pipe, down pipes, 3" cold air intakes, 1000cc injectors and HKS axle back exhaust, 586whp/ 597wt on 91. ADV10SL MV.2 brushed gloss red with black exposed hardware and lowered on KW's

DD - 2014 Ram Quad Cab Hemi Sport fully loaded with leather and more goodies than most cars

Sold - 2011 MRM ISF
Murph145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 08:40 PM   #15
blitz_714
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (29)

Here is Clark at Vipautosalon his cell 310-606-0729 and 714-333-5028 , He will take care u guys, i work like 5 minutes from them, Just calling him directly and place an order. I just talked to him yesterday when i ordered my Tom's side skirt.
Old 05-09-12, 08:40 PM