Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

VIP Auto Salon communication problem (not a current CL vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-13, 09:10 AM
CaAllDay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

definitely a situation of taking your money now, then ordering your parts later on, if at all.
Old 04-05-13, 09:17 AM
gs250f
Driver School Candidate

What is bbb? Sorry for asking
Old 04-05-13, 09:31 AM
CaAllDay
Driver School Candidate

better business bureau
Old 04-05-13, 11:47 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

reading these threads really annoys me. and i really feel for the people waiting forever and terrible customer service. but like others stated..report your issue with the bbb and your credit card company. and parts from japan should not take a month, 2 months ,6 months etc. how do i know? cause my friend works in japan as and importer/exporter and at most shipping a part from japan to the US should take less than 2 weeks. i have delt with vip..never again. and it sucks that this happens. not just with this company but many other stateside dealers. and the mark up these companies charge..its crazy to know the real price of the jdm parts. its sad how much these companies are ripping you guys off.
Old 04-05-13, 03:58 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by amgone75
reading these threads really annoys me. and i really feel for the people waiting forever and terrible customer service. but like others stated..report your issue with the bbb and your credit card company. and parts from japan should not take a month, 2 months ,6 months etc. how do i know? cause my friend works in japan as and importer/exporter and at most shipping a part from japan to the US should take less than 2 weeks. i have delt with vip..never again. and it sucks that this happens. not just with this company but many other stateside dealers. and the mark up these companies charge..its crazy to know the real price of the jdm parts. its sad how much these companies are ripping you guys off.
This is slightly OT but I feel that this is necessary to explain....

First of all, your friend is slightly*** correct. Ordering Items by EMS air takes approximately 1-2 weeks. When you order larger items, for this case lets just use a full Aim Gain bodykit for example, it cant be shipped by air, unless the consumer is willing to pay a few grand for air freight.

When you order any Japanese body kit, they are generally sold on a made to order basis. The turn around time for these body kits to be completed and ready to ship is generally 4-8 weeks.

So right off the bat, if the body kit is not instock your looking at a 1-2 month wait just to have the body kit made.

After the body kit is ready ship, it is then sent to a warehouse near the vessel port and gets prepped for departure. Importers/exporters, such as Jonari (wald), Wedswheels(aimgain), generally have 1 scheduled vessel leaving japan each month.

So for this case lets just say customer X placed an order for a full aimgain body kit from Vendor Y.

Vendor Y orders the aimgainbody kit through WedsWheels NA, which is the North American Distributor for Aimgain.

so Weds sends the body kit order to Aimgain. Aimgain receives the order, production time takes ~ 2 months for the complete kit to be ready to ship to the vessel warehouse. The body kit then arrives at the vessel warehouse in the next week or 2, depending how far the warehouse is from manufacture.

So right now the consumer is ~ 10 weeks into the order, and the body kit is barely ready to be shipped from Japan.

When the body kit arrives to the warehouse, the guys there QC and package up, and get the items ready for departure.

So given that in this case Weds, only brings in 1 vessel a month, the time it takes for the body kit to arrive to the warehouse is crucial.

If the body kit arrives say a day before the vessel is scheduled to leave for the states, the body kit will most likely* not leave until next month and will sit at the warehouse until the next vessel is ready to ship.

So in the case, say this happens, the customer is now 14 weeks into the order, and the item has yet to be shipped from Japan.

Once the body kit does finally depart it takes ~ 3 weeks for the boat to dock in the states, then another week for the items to clear customs and arrive at the Weds ware house.

So now were at 18 weeks.

Weds then does a secondary QC, makes sure everything is good to go, and ships the items to either the vendor or drops ships straight to the customer.

This freight depending on location takes anywhere from 1-2 weeks.

So in this case it takes about 20 weeks or 4 months just to get a body kit in from Japan.

Most people do not realize and or know how extensive the process is....

I myself had to wait 9 months for my Wald kit to arrive, ~ 4.5 months for everything to come and another 4.5 for the front lip alone to come because I received an 06-08 instead of an 09+.

And for those questioning how i know this, lets just say I deal with this sort of stuff on a day to day basis.
Old 04-05-13, 07:27 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

^^^ That was very educational.

But that's another reason why I won't order a part straight from Japan. I won't be able to wait that long. I think I would die before it gets to the USA. I look at North America Distributors/Dealers to make sure they have it in stock and ready to ship before I pay anything.
Old 04-05-13, 07:42 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to say this but while Clark has been very forthcoming and understanding about the product backlog, the problem lies in the AMERICAN COMPANIES.

While Japan makes and produce the item the American companies are too slow to stock their item and very inneffective to to get the products made and shipped out by their pathetic shippping service. Its really stupid but the truth. I ordered a audi a8l roof and trunk spoiler and germany gets it out to me in 1 day ! Japan takes weeks no matter who I order from. Come on Toytota and Lexus are the biggest companies out there and the aftermarket people cant get their act straight in this century and age?????!!! Seriously people wake up! So the blame is in the american distributors! People just order directly from Japan.

Last edited by Rexus300; 04-05-13 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-05-13, 08:01 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

^^^ not all true . my friends are japanese,deal with japanese shipping companies etc. i showed them this thread and many others like it. they all laughed about how long it takes american companies to get products from japan and how bad certain american distributors are. i have order alot of stuff from japan...less than a week to get it shipped to my house in san diego. soo yeah im already awake and im not gonna pay the crazy mark up many us distributors charge. the problem is with certain american distributors.
Old 04-05-13, 08:08 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by amgone75
^^^ not all true . my friends are japanese,deal with japanese shipping companies etc. i showed them this thread and many others like it. they all laughed about how long it takes american companies to get products from japan and how bad certain american distributors are. i have order alot of stuff from japan...less than a week to get it shipped to my house in san diego. soo yeah im already awake and im not gonna pay the crazy mark up many us distributors charge. the problem is with certain american distributors.
I agree with you 100%.I ordered a think design front spoiler directly from the manufacturer and I got it in 1 week via EMS. So the problem lies in the laziness and poor sructure of the american corps
Old 04-05-13, 09:02 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

you have your opinion..ill respect that . i have a system working that doesnt involve the mentioned US distributors. cant wait to move back to japan.
Old 04-05-13, 09:08 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Thats why ill just order through David now. Whenever I need JDM parts for my car.
Old 04-15-13, 04:31 PM
Phong780
Driver School Candidate

I ordered the joe z exhaust from them on feb 15. They said it was on back order and will take 2-4 weeks. I waited patiently and was told it won't be complete til April 10. It's April 15 (2 months) and still no word on when it'll be done. Also, I thought I'd order hid fogs lights from them on feb 25. Still haven't revived them either. Got a hold of Clark a couple times but this is getting ridiculous. 2 months for an exhaust and a hid kit? I starting to regret going with VIP and should of dealt with Carson.

Oh and they were very quick to take my money. Saying that they were doing an order THAT very day and I had to fax them a credit card confirmation sheet right away which I did.

Last edited by Phong780; 04-15-13 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-16-13, 08:03 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Phong780
I ordered the joe z exhaust from them on feb 15. They said it was on back order and will take 2-4 weeks. I waited patiently and was told it won't be complete til April 10. It's April 15 (2 months) and still no word on when it'll be done. Also, I thought I'd order hid fogs lights from them on feb 25. Still haven't revived them either. Got a hold of Clark a couple times but this is getting ridiculous. 2 months for an exhaust and a hid kit? I starting to regret going with VIP and should of dealt with Carson.

Oh and they were very quick to take my money. Saying that they were doing an order THAT very day and I had to fax them a credit card confirmation sheet right away which I did.
Another classic situation... Call credit card and get money back?
Old 05-03-13, 06:39 PM
Phong780
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Phong780

So just to update. Since my last post I was contacted by Clark. He notified me that there was kind of a mix up with my emails therefore couldnt reply back to me. I understand mix ups happen and we got everything straightened out. Ever since we then, Clark has been very helpful and professional. My HIDs lights were shipped and delivered and today I finally recieved my JOEZ exhaust. Even though i was initially unsatisfied with VIP Auto Salon, I am glad to have everything work out smoothly. I hope everyone else who has problems with VIP get their disputes solved.
Old 05-06-13, 06:05 PM
jenniGS460
Driver School Candidate

My friend file and reported VipAutoSaln for tax fraud. Hopefully, the IRS will shut this terrible business down.

Also, he emailed Lexus Corporation that he filed a tax fraud and why they continue to allow them to represent
Lexus.