Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

VIP Auto Salon communication problem (not a current CL vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-12, 07:21 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
I have had issues with them regarding my Tom's diffuser and swift springs. I threatened to cancel my order and only then did they work on it. I think this company is disorganized and has bad customer service. I think the members here who support them are mainly based in the same state where they can drive to VIP. But not all of them are. It is unfair to us who live outside of CA who are provided crappy service. To use the reason of being busy is flimsy because that means a disregard to the very people who support your business. I have taken my business elsewhere.
Hello,

Just an update for this order, this has been resolved for quite some time and the customer received their product.

Although I have to say that we sorry you felt that way but due to the nature of Japanese products the wait time can be extended. We order everything as soon as the payment comes in and is cleared and we relay the ETA's that are given to us.

I can assure you that your threat to cancel was not the reason why your product came in, it had been on order since the day you ordered it and we just have to wait for it to arrive from Japan. Specifically your order with TOMS product's they have a US hub so we order and wait for them to receive the product.

In addition to save money on shipping for you as we discussed we were waiting to ship both items for you at the same time as per your request, but in order to expedite the product we paid extra to have it shipped expedited from TOMS USA and from Swift USA. We did everything in our power to get you the product as fast as humanely possible.

We certainly appreciate your business and unfortunately we are at the mercy of ETA's so if TOMS tells me its going to be a certain time frame that's what I have to work with and we relay it to you with any updates as soon as we get it. If there is anything else I can help you with please just let me know.

Regards,

Steven @ VIP
714-333-5028

Originally Posted by RX7 RAGE
I've been also waiting a month for the tires for my SA67Rs that are supposedly backordered...
I am personally not sure on the status of your order, but I do believe that there are quite a few Yokohama tires that are back order including a set for myself. I will check on it for you Monday and let you know what I find out.

Regards,

Steven @ VIP
714-333-5028

Originally Posted by heyarms
For mine and my gf at least, they just fed us excuses and apologized. Not that i would put them on my car, but i was promised VIP plate frams both when i placed my order and also as a gift for being a mess to work with. I did not receive any plate frames. Definitely not mad about it, but just another point in the "We are not a reputable company" category.

For everyone else, i dont know what excuses or lies they feed them to keep them hanging on for almost or longer than a year for their parts...
Hey Adam,

This is Steven by the way, with your order I didn't know that WALD was going to be at SEMA and unable to ship out the kit until afterwards. If they would have told me that ahead of time when I placed the order with them, I would have mentioned it to you before you placed the order, but we did exchange phone calls just about every other day and I kept you informed to the best of my knowledge.

Trust me if it were humanely possible to drive down to WALD and manually pick up that kit and ship it out to you I would have done it.

And then when your Girlfriend ordered that wing for your B-Day, I told her I would ship it out the following day after payment cleared, and I did exactly that. I promised her it would reach you well before you're birthday and it did. I shipped it out the exact day that I said it would not a day later.

The WALD kit unfortunately I was not able to foresee a delay in them shipping it out, and I did apologize several times for that. But please know I did everything to get that kit out.

Also if you still would like those license plate frames, even though you don't want to run them I would still be more than happy to send you some just let me know.

Regards,

Steven @ VIP
714-333-5028
Old 07-07-12, 07:25 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

If anyone has any issues with their orders that I am not aware of just send me an email directly to Steven@Vipautosalon.com and I will get it sorted out personally.

Or give us a call at 714-333-5028 I would be more than happy to update you on any order.

Also please note that most JDM products there is an extended wait and with the poor exchange rate right now with the YEN and USD, many companies are not stocking items here, so it can take up to 4-8 weeks at times to received products that we order.
Old 07-08-12, 02:34 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

We may have had our issues steven but I did receive them which is better than worst case scenario.

And I tell you what, you can earn one last purchase from me it you ever get a Wald black bison front end for the is-f in stock. Then message me and you got a quick sale! Haha
Old 07-08-12, 06:12 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

We may have had our issues steven but I did receive them which is better than worst case scenario.

And I tell you what, you can earn one last purchase from me it you ever get a Wald black bison front end for the is-f in stock. Then message me and you got a quick sale! Haha
Ahaha, again I'm real sorry for the extra wait, trust me if I'd have known that WALD wouldnt ship it out until the following week i definitely would have dropped a phone call at least.

As for the WALD front, you have a PM sir, and expect something to be arriving in the mail.
Old 08-05-12, 08:07 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Warning to new members...

Looking for mods. With new members asking for Info. and sometimes get referred to or by chance visit VIP Auto Salons website, and they do have a good website listing IS-F parts,....

Please be warned, do not do business with these people. Here's why: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-body-kit.html
And
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...n-problem.html

I have a right to warn you b/c I am a current victim, stil haven't refunded my money after waiting over 7 months for jdm visors. Take your money elsewhere. Be warned.
Old 08-05-12, 08:29 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to have someone you trust go in person to their office/shop and get your money for you. Emails and phone calls from another state aren't going to get your money back! They are in Orange, CA which is in Orange County Southern Cali. - you need to send in your "muscle" to collect for you!
Old 08-05-12, 08:36 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
You need to have someone you trust go in person to their office/shop and get your money for you. Emails and phone calls from another state aren't going to get your money back! They are in Orange, CA which is in Orange County Southern Cali. - you need to send in your "muscle" to collect for you!
^^ You're my muscle, I'll give you 10% of my refund.....
Old 08-05-12, 08:47 PM
DonTN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put my order in for exhaust and intake early July because VIP seemed so reputable. I'm now getting a bit worried from reading this and because I've tried to contact them numerous times by email and phone about the estimated time arrival, but haven't heard anything back.

I was going to purchase coilovers, cf hood, and cf trunk but am growing very weary. They seem very helpful and caring when I put my order in, so I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 08-05-12, 08:54 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no buy dcoolbeans a plane ticket over there and you will have all the muscle you need to get everyone refunds back.
Old 08-05-12, 10:04 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn thats bad business if they didnt get you your stuff or a refund on time. I had a similar incident/ problem from a Vendor on myG37.com when I ordered my exhaust and other parts. He picked selected few (including myself) to complete their orders to look good (took 6 months), then took more orders in and took all the money and ran... I believe it was HPAuto.com. and he lost his registration license before going out of business or down hill... Hope you get everything resolved bro!
Old 08-06-12, 12:13 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zapa
no buy dcoolbeans a plane ticket over there and you will have all the muscle you need to get everyone refunds back.
Lol just bring judge judy and let her regulate!
Old 08-06-12, 01:32 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

OMG suspended by california secretary of state...
Old 08-06-12, 07:20 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's funny they were at this past weekends spocom show at Anaheim convention center handing out license plate frames I already heard bad things about them and didn't want any LP frames but I don't think everyone else knows what's going on I'm sure he is still taking people's $. The problem is both ordering stuff from Japan that who knows what kind of real lead times these companies have plus the fact that they have horrible customer service. I emailed them once about the Tom diffuser he said it would take 4-8 weeks to get I emailed back saying thats cool but I've heard instances where it's taken 4-6 months and if that's the case let me know cuz I'd rather not wait that long.... Basically never heard back from them again... Which I'm glad I didn't I used sonic motorsports and they were cool guys....
Old 08-06-12, 10:16 AM
VGBSUPERFL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still hoping they get removed as a vendor on CL, it's sad to see so many people having these problems, including myself. Even one person getting screwed is too many.
my sentiments exactly…the moderators should put VIP on blast and ban them from the site. i tried to exercise some restraint and give Clark Ishihara the benefit of a doubt, but the bottom line is that I am still $1810 light in my pocket after a year of haggling over product and refund. i pasted my post from another thread below….

VIP AUTO SALON is not a legit businsess according to the cali secretary of state. just a word of advice, do not patronize this business, as you will jump through flaming hoops to receive a refund if needed. i'm just speaking from experience, as i have fallen victim to vip's unscrupulous dealings. in short, i've been waiting for a jdm product and subsequent refund since may 2011. polite email correspondence has been superseded by more stringent recourse. Below are excerpts from California Secretary of State website.

Data is updated weekly and is current as of Friday, August 03, 2012.
Entity Name: VIP AUTO SALON, INC.
Entity Number: C2914783
Date Filed: 03/16/2007
Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
Agent for Service of Process: CLARK KOJI ISHIHARA

Suspended: The business entity's powers, rights and privileges were suspended or forfeited in California 1) by the Franchise Tax Board for failure to file a return and/or failure to pay taxes, penalties, or interest; and/or 2) by the Secretary of State for failure to file the required Statement of Information and, if applicable, the required Statement by Common Interest Development Association.
Old 08-06-12, 02:39 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

VGBSUPERFL, Please understand that making allegations that VIP Auto Salon is NOT a legitimate business based upon what you found is libel and you can be held legally responsible for making that claim and it is also against the rules of this forum to make allegations like that.

Just for the knowledge of the members of this forum, the reason why it is suspended is the owner just put paperwork in to change the structure of the company from a partnership to an individual owner. Our resellers permit and all necessary business documentation is in order and can be viewed on display at our retail location. The changes will be effective in a few weeks and the website will reflect that.

Now VGBSUPERFL I apologize for not knowing anything about your situation but if you would like to, please send me a PM about the details of your order and I can take care of it for you right away.

DonTN you have a PM as well. I am sure everything is proceeding as normal with your order but as per my PM I would be glad to give you an update on it.