Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

VLEDs Customer Service Complaint (not a CL vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 04:03 PM
neomedic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VLEDs Customer Service Complaint (not a CL vendor)

So due to the sale, I ordered leds for pretty much everything (interior, door, vanity, puddle, parking light, reverse light, fog light, etc. etc.)

The order was over $200 in sales. I found out today that they changed the sizing of the bulbs for the door / courtesy and vanity lights. So I asked for the correct part with the same size before the change so that it would fit.

And I asked for a RMA for shipping of the order for the door / courtesy and vanity lights. I reminded them how there was not notice on the webpage about the changed specs. They said I was SOL. I have to pay to return it.

Poor customer service...most other vendors I have dealings with would gladly pay $4.00 to have it shipped back to them since I had to put in another order and pay for shipping on that order to for the correct part. While technically they don't owe me shipping, it would of been a nice gesture especially for a first time customer that place a LARGE order.

for VLEDs
Old 12-12-11, 04:12 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Couple of things:

1. I've been using vleds for years now, never had any problems with them.

2. You're modifying your car beyond stock specs, you expect everything to fit? do a little grinding with a dremel to make it fit. Back in the day we had to fabricate our own mods, today everyone has it easy and modding/fabrication skills are lacking in todays car enthusiast communities.

3. Hope it works out for you.
Old 12-12-11, 04:59 PM
dgsx1997
Driver School Candidate

Many on this board have expressed complaints about this exact change. Regardless is past history, this and any other complaint isn't negated. The change was made many weeks ago and VLEDs hasn't publish a modification to the specifications. This is not a good way to conduct business if your emphasis is on customer service.
Old 12-13-11, 08:24 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I want to make sure I'm reading this right... they let you return the LEDs right? You just wanted them to cover the return shipping?
Old 12-13-11, 08:43 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brociouz
I want to make sure I'm reading this right... they let you return the LEDs right? You just wanted them to cover the return shipping?
Yes...since they was no update on the webpage about changed specs. And had to re-order new ones with additional shipping. I called in after placing the order within a few minutes and they can't change the order.

While I understand they don't have to cover the shipping, but felt most vendors these days that have EXCELLENT customer service would have done so. Especially for a large order..over $200 in lights.
Old 12-13-11, 09:52 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ahhh I see. Well at least they didn't charge you the15% restocking fee. Hopefully they update their specs soon.