Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

New CL site design / layout

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-11, 07:56 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Jake, I'm not quite sure what you're asking / suggesting. Can you give a screen shot or further description?
Dave I have tried to upload it and all formats fail.
I have followed the guidelines of data size and picture format. I have tried >jpg, bmp, doc , docx, and zip?
Old 09-22-11, 09:06 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSJake
Dave I have tried to upload it and all formats fail.
I have followed the guidelines of data size and picture format. I have tried >jpg, bmp, doc , docx, and zip?
Email sent with attachment Dave..
Old 09-22-11, 09:14 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Got your email and tested it myself... Yeah looks like attachments feature is broken, sending note now. The new photo gallery is working fine however and I uploaded your picture there. It even gives you a copy/paste IMG tag you can paste right into the forum!

To answer your question now that I see the picture (if I understand it right), no those two things are totally different components and won't be rolled into one object. One is part of the header menu structure and one is really part of native vBulletin forum software which gives you the 'bread crumbs' of what forum you're actually viewing. A lot of members (it surprises me how many) use the header menu to regularly navigate around the forum and find things. Others who have used forum software longer don't often look up there at the header. As long as folks can find stuff, I think we're good on that front.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-22-11 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-22-11, 02:08 PM
scgt652
Pole Position

What happened to the "Car Chat" forum? When I click on the drop-down menu for "Forums", I don't see it listed.
Old 09-22-11, 02:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by scgt652
What happened to the "Car Chat" forum? When I click on the drop-down menu for "Forums", I don't see it listed.
Still need to add the off topic forums to the menu, but car chat (and the other forums) are still in the same spot they've always been... just scroll down on the main forums page and you'll see it or click the link below

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/
Old 09-22-11, 03:23 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would be nice if you can choose the forums in CL LIVE.

Example: I want to view, 2IS forum, clubhouse, car chat, 2IS classfieds only in CL Live. That would be a nice option, just something for the future. :P
Old 09-22-11, 03:38 PM
mrjaydm
Rookie

I love the new layout! Great job guys. Very clean, smooth and professional. And the LIVE feature is kick a$$ as well!
Old 09-22-11, 03:50 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Fix for that is simple, if you don't like the ad placement, run an ad-blocker and all you'll see is the CL logo
Blocking it for me won't save it's identity from being hogged for the impressionable user that just found "that lexus site with the huge azz advertising banner that swallows it's name."

Sure do miss Ethan's years.
Old 09-22-11, 04:03 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I really like the new changes, it's always good to do a "freshen up" from time to time. It keeps CL computer savvy, as well as the moderators. I'm still delving into the changes, but so far I like the direction you guys are taking. Great job guys!
Old 09-22-11, 07:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Attachment upload problem fixed.
Old 09-23-11, 06:17 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

To answer your question now that I see the picture (if I understand it right), no those two things are totally different components and won't be rolled into one object.
Interesting Dave, I understand.

I will have to check into the photo gallery options...

Thanks.
Old 09-23-11, 08:03 AM
LexFather

Wakes up, looks at site, fist thing I see"

"Infiniit M, $549 a month, 1.9%"

Its what I've said in threads for years. Now I can screen capture the ad next debate

Hilarious I chuckled seeing it here.
Old 09-23-11, 09:29 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Google Plus has been added to member profile pages https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...do=editprofile and the icon has been requested to be added like the facebook one (takes some coding work, so that'll follow in a few). The google + +1 link is there on all threads now.

A dedicated section for Lexus Motorsports and Racing has been added, and two new sub forums for drag racing and road course/auto-x have been rolled out (in addition to moving the existing drifting and Kill Stories sections there). We'll populate those forums with some content over the next few days to get them started, but wanted them there now so they can be included in the header menu updates underway.
Old 09-23-11, 11:43 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by scgt652
Car Chat and other non-model forums added to 'Forums' menu dropdown from header
Old 09-23-11, 03:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Any reason why we stuck with the same blue, blue-gray, and gray colors for the design and trim that we had last time, Dave? (Not that I am complaining about it, as it is a nice combination that is easy on the eyes, especially when contrasted with some of the bright-color ads on the margins).

Anyhow, was that simply by popular request?

Quick Reply: New CL site design / layout