Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

A suggestion for the LFA Model Forum

Old 06-30-11, 06:43 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Question A suggestion for the LFA Model Forum

I’m so excited to see the LFA model finally hitting the streets. The LFA model forum seems very active to me with good information and conversation so please take the following suggestion in the helpful manner it is intended.

The thread titled Lexus LFA List: Number, Destination Country, City and Date Reported is a great idea but there are quite a few OT conversations going on. Here’s the rub, I actually like most of the conversations in there like last night the exchange between S2000toIS350 and thewongk about a car in MA was very interesting and I almost commented until I realized what the intent of the thread was.

So my suggestion is simply to allow the existing thread to continue on its current path with car locations and other conversation but in addition to start a new thread. The new thread could be a single post locked thread like CL does for FAQs in many of the other forums. Within that post could be 500 rows (one for each LFA) and with columns for

Number/Ext Color/Int Color/Wheels/Brakes/Location/DateReported/Comment/Link

I was thinking the link could be for an individual thread in the LFA forum or even to a post from the main thread so people could see a picture of it or read what was originally posted about a particular LFA if available.

I think by doing this we can continue to enjoy the conversation that is taking place today plus have a more robust, organized and less ominous place to reference information on LFAs then what we currently have as the first post of a thread with hundreds of other posts.

I may be the only one who feels this way but thanks for the opportunity to at least float the idea!

Larry
Old 06-30-11, 09:13 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Old 07-03-11, 08:40 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,112 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Good idea, will see if we can get that done!