Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Wiki post in threads (like done in slickdeals.net)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-11, 01:39 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiki post in threads (like done in slickdeals.net)

I was wondering if we could have the option to create wiki posts for certain threads that any user can update. This would be really handy How To threads where there is really helpful info in later posts that the OP doesn't put into the first post.
Old 06-14-11, 08:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Hi good idea, but the vBulletin software which Club Lexus runs on is not meant to be an ongoing wiki-style content system. The posts which include the content are the perspectives and experiences of a specific member and as you say may or may not be correct. Same thing would happen with wiki updates - they may or may not be correct.

I'd suggest if you see something that's proven to be incorrect or misleading, PM the thread starter to update their first post in the thread. They can make the call if its something they agree with. Worst case, just respond with the update - most every member understands the way the discusion forum works and will read appropriately.
Old 06-23-11, 07:20 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Thanks Dave. I'm wondering if you might have misinterpreted me. Slickdeals is a discussion forum but in each there's an ability to create a "wiki post" which is placed in between the original post and the first response. So the discussion forum stays fine, but in this wiki post people can work together to create a post.