Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Too many junior moderators....

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-11, 03:00 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Angry Too many junior moderators....

Anyone who has read my posts will know this is out of the norm for me. I do not involve myself in conflict causing exchanges and bickering, choosing to provide as much help and information as I can. But lately I have felt more and more compelled to make my feeling on this know.

Maybe its just me but there seems to be too many unofficial junior (perhaps wannabee) moderators running around. Now suggesting to other members that they search first is one thing. But hassling them about rules for listing items for sale, or whether or not they have any business posting in one forum or another, or even questioning a persons sale price on a classified listed sale item seems way out of line for a normal member.

Now I DO report plenty or misplaced threads and other "issues" but I use the report button available to all members on each post. This, at least to me, seems to be the proper way to handle these. It may not help boost my post counts past senior members but that is fine. I try to make my posts count. Usable information and requested opinions, not badgering based on personal opinions and quests to impress.

Now before someone hits the reply button in a frenzy thinking I typed this up with them in mind, stop. I did not. In fact I was guilty of some of this myself early on. I have since seen the light and found a more respectful adult way to report "issues." Some other members that I consider CL friends of mine are guilty as well but they nor any other single member is being called out, just the behavior.

The strong move quiet, the weak start riots. Use the silent button and let the moderators moderate.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Report.bmp (21.6 KB, 131 views)
Old 03-29-11, 03:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,143 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion and very much agree. The moderator team also very much appreciates help by members with reporting posts when they see something out of line.

We're in the middle of a nomination cycle for our moderator team and we'll have a lot more 'official' moderators out on the forums helping guide the conversation soon.