Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

The Borg.........

Old 08-18-02, 06:19 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Borg.........

i am very concerned about the way some things have been handled lately with respect to members on this board. first there was the episodes with robbsneak which ultimately lead to his being banned. now, a thread has been closed because someone simply voiced their opinion regarding the previous matter. this concerns me because it smacks of cersorship. if you are that concerned about the image of this forum (and truthfully, thats all it is) then have members submit a resume and 3 years tax returns in order to keep the bad elements out. this is a "country club" mentality that i find very unsettling for asite that i have grown so very fond of. my biggest beef is the fact that GSTRANCE's thread was closed. no inflammatory remarks, no threats, just opinion..........CLOSED. i may not have agreed with everything that sneak had to say, nor the way in which he said it, but i believe he had a right to say it. some of you may not agree and thats fine as well. my suggestion would be to make this a private club and then you can weed out the undesirables. or those who dont think or talk like you. that should be a blast as for me, i am very disappointed with CL leadership (some) at this time. because if it can happen to them, i know that it could happen to me
Old 08-18-02, 08:50 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The bottom line is that you don't threaten another ClubLexus member...and you definitely don't threaten a moderator. Robb threatened TWO moderators.

As for GSTrance's thread, there is no need to talk about it. Period. Robb threatened two CL members (not just disagreed with them, but threatened them with violence) and he was banned. That's the end of it. No if, ands, or buts.

If we just let this place be run like the wild west, it would look like "another" Lexus board...

While ClubLexus is not a country club, it is a private club. This isn't a tax payer's dollar government run "free-for-all"...
Old 08-18-02, 09:57 AM
Neal Rikal
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know alot of you out there didn't like the things that robb had to say and he may have brought these current problems upon himself but is it really right to just ban him from the site? All of ya'll that say he was a disgrace to "our club lexus" need to think about why what he was doing embarrassed you all so much.

This website is high class but i personally don't see it as exclusive or a "click". The internet is about freedom of speech, and robb was denied that because of the way he is. So my point is, do you throw the Aisian person out of the public resturant(just like this is a public website) because he speaks differently than you? Do you throw the African American man out of your public school because he speaks ebonics? Do you send the Russian man out of the public park because you don't like how he speaks?

My point is... most of you here are adults and have handled this situation like uneducated people who choose to hate and show intolerance to the things and people they don't understand. Every day when I come home taking Interstate 65 south from nashville heading home in Brentwood i drive past a monument that flys all of the flags of the former states of the confederacy with a confederate flag below each. On the ground below is a statue of a famous Confederate Leader who openly preached hate against people who weren't like him. He disliked blacks, aisians, gypsies, jews, etc. and would kill any one of them or send the away given the chance only because they were different from he and his followers. This private plot of land is owned by a man who often heads up kkk rallies.

The people who have banned rob have done the same thing that the kkk does on a much smaller scale. You have pushed away someone because they are different. Robb may have said stuff he shouldn't have but you tried to make him change to be like you. He isn't like you so don't expect him to be. And if you say if he won't be like you then he can't be apart of this "club" then you need to go buy your confederate flags and put on your white hoods because you share the same morals as some of the most embarrasing people in our country.

I don't mean to offend anyone by what i have said and personally i consider it pathetic that a 17 year old had to point these things out. Some people need to realize that there is someone much more powerful than us up there who loves everyone, murderers, racists, and sinners alike. Mabey you should try and do the same, its not as hard as it seems.
Old 08-18-02, 10:04 AM
Neal Rikal
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

to robb.
Attached Thumbnails The Borg.........-rob.jpg  
Old 08-18-02, 10:16 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had small conversations with Robb through the PM. He did not seem like a bad guy, BUT when you threaten a fellow member, you get banned. It's as simple as that.
Rob knew this as all of us do.
Old 08-18-02, 10:18 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Neal - you are missing the whole point.

He WASN'T banned for his personality, who he was, what he represented, how he talked, etc. so this pity party about discrimination, and rights, etc. can stop.

EVERYONE HEAR THAT?

Like manaray stated:

The bottom line is that you don't threaten another ClubLexus member...and you definitely don't threaten a moderator. Robb threatened TWO moderators.

If I threatened anyone, I would bestowe the same fate among myself.

I think things would be very different if the threats were made to you (collectively speaking).

And in case anyone missed it, you don't have a "right" to be a member of CL, it's a privledge.

End Of Story
Old 08-18-02, 10:30 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally posted by Neal Rikal
... The internet is about freedom of speech, and robb was denied that because of the way he is.
Baloney. He is free to start his own web site. Web sites can set their own policies. If, as has been said, he threatened people on here, that's a dumb thing to do, even if he was entertaining to many on here.
Old 08-18-02, 10:35 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Is the thread deleted where robb made his comments? It would be nice to see so others can judge rather then talk about what they heard second hand. It sounds like he made a mistake and has to deal with it now, but for those of us who are active members may be curious in seeing the truth (paid members especially)

I agree if your going to threaten people then you don't need to be on here, but did any of the moderators cross the line here? I noticed on here many get pissed off quick and they cannot seem to handle there situation with conversation, they handle it by calling people names and threatening them (in robbs case also) I have had some pissed off people post about my comments and I just laugh and reply with my rebuttal, but some don't handle things that way and if you push someone, negative things come from it.

Any board you go you on you can post and be a member. but if you decide to speak out you should be ready to battle, and I know on every BBS, board and forum there is always those moderators who are on a "power trip" I don't know what happened to Rob, or what the moderator did but I have seen times on here where the moderates seem to be on a power trip or are rather negative to the members. An example, maybe someone posted a question about something that has been asked a million times (I have done it before, most of us have) but then an I seen a moderator or several make rude comments about using the search button. I think one time it was a PAID MEMBER who asked the question and still got rude comments about using the search. What is the problem with just saying “Hey here is the answer to your question, next time try the search feature since I believe the answer your looking for is there” Things like that keep me from being a paying member, but what about getting new members to sign up?

That was just one example, but I seen this dozens of times, even when a friend ran his own BBS. Once it got to large he put the moderating into someone else’s hands and things ended up like this. Would the owner of the board, who accepts funds from the paid members to help run his board… Would the owner make a rude comment to a paid member (or any member) about using the damn search button? I would hope not. Again this is just one example, sometimes I am afraid that this is like the other boards.

Rob wrote different then we do, we all write different. I would hate to think that is why he was booted, I noticed something brought that up but I really hope that isn’t going to be the basis for this conversation, then again I really don’t know why he was tossed.
Old 08-18-02, 10:41 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

i notice NEW members who haven't been here when others were banned... people have been banned before for threatening others.. and they werent talkin with ebonics or anything else u think we discriminate against robb with...

so dont feel like robb is the only guyt hats been banned... if u threaten u get banned... its the way it works around here...
Old 08-18-02, 10:44 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by jpa2400
Is the thread deleted where robb made his comments? It would be nice to see so others can judge rather then talk about what they heard second hand.
Ask and ye (usually) shall receive............

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...775#post370775

GunnerMac quoted him before he edited it.
Old 08-18-02, 11:10 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Dex- Thanks!!!

Ah well you threaten people, off the system you go, to bad for Robb.

Online forums are a riot. I even had a guy want to fight me at a "get" a long time ago, rather funny.

I don't think I want to sit here and research the issue since I have better things to do on my Sunday, but was Robb right in terms that Genearch often made rude or negative comments towards robb?

I guess I am trying to separate the two, if your going to be rude or write negative things towards certain members on a regular basis, maybe you shouldn't have the moderator tag next to your name. I would like to think of a moderator of a non-bias individual who is here to keep the forums in order, not to beat down on certain individuals because they don’t like them.
Old 08-18-02, 11:11 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

You know, I too was/am a bit worried with some of the "bannings" and thread closures. It seems to happen on a daily basis as of late. But after reading the linked thread, the mods were 13234509863% right to close the thread and ban Robb. Think about it. If another member threatened you like that, you'd want him banned...right? The answer is a "hell yes." The mods were doing their job and doing it well.

EDIT: Robb's personality didn't matter, the way he talked (wrote) didn't matter, his strange ways didn't matter either. Clearly this is not about banning Robb because he was "different." He had well over 1000 posts and the mods gave him no trouble. Robb was banned because he threatened and for that reason only. I'm pretty sure CL doesn't have a policy of descrimination, so stop with all that talk-talk.

Last edited by SecPole14; 08-18-02 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-18-02, 11:30 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

wantAnewLex- He was without a doubt rightfully banned, I am just curious if before hand, if someone had a problem with him. His race, how he talked or what he talked about wasn't the issue for the banning, but did someone not like him because of the way he wrote or what he wrote about previous to the banning is my question.

“Let's elevate CL a bit.. this talk is terrible as well as the trailer trash tattoo thread...”

I thought Robbs and Manarays post was hilarious. The tattoo thread, I almost spit my triple latte half caf decaf with caf all over the place when I seen that. Are we that stuck up on here? Ok no more posting of rice civics on the lobby, we are to good for that. No matter how educated and refined we are, we are equally different on here by race, income level, education level, style, backgrounds, and location. I may even agree that talking in that fashion (Ebonics) is highly annoying to me sometimes, but I can accept it on here because we are all different.

I come to this board often and I respect many people on here. Even when I have a question outside the Lexus realm, I ask it on here rather then the other boards because of the wide range of knowledge and diverse people on here. I guess I am taking interest in this topic because I have had concerns about some of the actions on here, the last thing I would want is to see membership drop, new members drop and watch the posting of new topics weaken.
Old 08-18-02, 11:33 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

as i said, i have no problem with sneak getting banned (although i think that he was provoked on more than one occassion) my biggest issue is that the mods felt no need to discuss it anymore and closed another thread pertaining to it. almost like your parents saying "because i said so". the bottom line is that this is ethans site and he can run it anyway that he sees fit. if the mods are doing his bidding, then so be it. however, most are not going to just mindlessly follow. and then again, some will.......

Doc
Old 08-18-02, 12:00 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

What, are the Mods a bunch of bad cops now? Gimme a break. Provoked? If I taunt you enough, and your break my nose, it's my fault you hit me?

D/R, nothing personal of course, just making a statement.

I think if you guys have questions, comments, or concerns about CL, including the Mods, Rules (including bannings), or Ethan, they can be easily voiced and discussed HERE, or by PM'ing a Mod from the appropriate forum, not trying to create a riot or develop spin with insinuation and innuendos.

Why he was banned was discussed clearly earlier.

And again, not to put too fine a point on it, but CL is not a Democracy. Yes, I agree, we should embrace diversity and all that accompanies it, but rules are rules, and they will be enforced.

...becuase I said so.....is within Ethan's realm of appropriate reasons why.

I think I know what you guys' concerns are (is that gramatically correct?), but take a good look at this situation and realize why this happened.

Hey, I'm a Mod, but I still am an enthusiast, and I care how CL is run, you like you.

Now, can we let this lie?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Borg.........