Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

The Borg.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-02, 02:25 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by CamRen

again im not here to FIGHT with any one... im just stating my opinion.....
dramatic irony. If you do not intend to fight with anyone then please tone down.
Old 08-20-02, 03:41 AM
IMISSMYBROTHERS...
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile HEY BROTHERS...

Basically, i looked at the rules and it says to not to threaten any other CL member or moderator. I want to apologize. I still dont really care for genearch or that other negative hearted guy. But I DO care for this site very much, and my brothers on here,.. but of course!,.. and i enjoyed myself. Iam appreciative that CL exists.

O.k.,.. to get started on genearch harrassing me. I know what i did was wrong. But youll have to excuse me for i lost my cool for a hot second. I dont feel sorry for myself,.. but i would like to defend my self or make a closing statement or something...

Genearch has bad mouthed EVERY post or thread that i EVER placed on this site.!!! A lot of other mods told me that i was the funniest guy they knew and they love me.!!!,.. I ALWAYS wrote positive comments about everyone and about everything!!! Iam good hearted and easy going with a sense of humor which some of my brothers on here didnt really understand,.. which is o.k.,.. but ,.. im sorry if i dont sit back and take abuse from this joker "genearch".!!

Hey,.. i tried to follow the rules,.. I talked to you Ethan about him harrassing me a couple of months ago,.. and you told me you would talk to him and he would stop.!,.. Well,.. he did,... for a month only and then right back to his negative, dark, cold, evil way!,,.. -You know,.. i really dont undersatnd him!,.. i figured well,.. he doesnt like me and usually im quick to administer a verbal lashing but i wanted to raise above that and try to be cool with him. I pmed him and tried to resolve differences and i also posted comments in my favorite land "the gallery" about his pics and they were all positive and brotherly. He still refused to get along and respect me.

I apologize once again,, because i know the harshness of my words were offensive. Sorry for your eyes and your minds for having to imput that..I really have a deep respect for my brothers on this site, and if i had my way,.. this site would be a positive brotherly site to visit. I hate fighting or arguing or being negative,.. but at the same time if someone constantly has a negative demeanor, and harrasses me and puts me down i cannot sit and take it for a LONG period of time for which it was going on. Please everyone do your research and see if i was negative and see if i was an A hole, here at this site to mess things up!!,.. NO way!!,.. I was here for my brothers and for my passion of lexus!

I tried like i said to go through the correct proceedures to stop the harassment but yet i was unfortunately let down.

I dont mind following the rules and i respect them. But tsk tsk , the mods were not even holding up and following there own dang rules!!!!!!!!!,...what a way to set an example.

O.k.,.. my brothers ,.. in closing i would like to say,.. that i really enjoyed my time here at CL and i thought yall were awesome.!! Ill miss yall. -About my so called speaking of constant ebonics,.. I recieved a couple of pms on the subject and respectfully paid concious note to speak normally. I occassionally threw in a "for rizzle", or "oh shizzle",.,.. but i highly doubt that had a massive effect on being able to comprehernd what i was getting at!!!

P.S. - I have access to thousands of computers,.. so i doubt youll get rid of me,..,.. might as well respect and accept me as your brother. Have a great day. and know that i am your brother,...

....... Robbert Sneak
Old 08-20-02, 07:27 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know if Robb was a paid CL user?
Old 08-20-02, 12:23 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HEY BROTHERS...

Originally posted by IMISSMYBROTHERS...
[B]P.S. - I have access to thousands of computers,.. so i doubt youll get rid of me,..,.. might as well respect and accept me as your brother. Have a great day. and know that i am your brother,... ....... Robbert Sneak

You type up such a nice post, then you try to ruin it at the end with a threat. Forcing yourself upon the board is for sure not the way to go about it.

Have you tried e-mailing Ethan this?

SR
Old 08-21-02, 06:50 PM
The_Best_GS
Driver

I don’t think anyone is disputing the fact that Robbsneak crossed the line when he threatened Genearch. He was wrong and was rightfully banned.

The problem in this case is that none of the moderators, who openly bashed and harassed Robb, lost any of there privileges. Someone (Ethan) has to police the policemen (moderators).

I could name at least 3 moderators who abuse (closing threads, being rude and discourteous) there privileges on a regular basis. I'm sure that other members notice it also.

Moderators should help promote the atmospherics of the site. They should set the example. They should not be a direct contradiction to what Ethan is trying to achieve. Having moderators that are uncouth and arrogant is just as bad (actually worst) as having members who make threats. Both groups of users are not needed.
Old 08-21-02, 08:34 PM
Static911

I'll make it very clear with this situation.

1) I support every action every moderator did on ClubLexus ever since I owned the website.

2) I oversaw every action every moderator did on ClubLexus ever since I owned the website. That means, and I will say it to everyone, I know every locked and deleted thread on ClubLexus ever since I took over in April 2002, There hasn't been any mysterious locked and deleted threads since I instilled a rule that only I, Ethan, can delete threads on ClubLexus.

3) It was the moderators under controversy that had a direct hand on improving the forums. Some members like to "nit pick every bad things they do, like policemen. When they do something good, people don't care. When they do something that could cause "controversy", everybody is jumping on their backs crying for blood. They volunteer their time to help facilitate, using regular English, discussion on ClubLexus.

4) Retrodrive, please stop taking pot shots at LS400. Take it PM. Didn't we talk about this before? With Robbsneak, he and I had many conversations via PM. After his initial run-in with genearch, I told him specifically, do-not-get-in-a-flame-war-in-public. I was contemplating of making him the photo gallery moderator too and I told him that.

The same applies to you. Why do you guys feel like you need to make "virtual enemies". It makes NO SENSE. Get over it. The same applies to LS400. After running ClubLexus and talking to Dusty about SupraForums, it makes no sense to go and waste your time (unless you think it is fun) to type non-helpful stuff on ClubLexus. Basically, if you guys need to get in on the same thread, just "ignore" each other. LS400 understands that too.

Now, like I offered before, you can email me directly about the situation with moderators. My email are administrator@clublexus.com and ekay@clublexus.com. Or you can give me a call.

Thank you for your time,

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 08-21-02 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-21-02, 09:01 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I support Ethan. I had an argument with genearch about the signatures rule, but I talked to Ethan, resolved my issues. Honestly if anyone threatens to kill or hurt someone else on this forum then it's a good thing he got banned. This is not only for our (members) protection but also for protection of ClubLexus.com. I believe the person who got threatened can take the matter to court.

Chris

PS. The way I see it "he got himself banned." Also, my signature was a monett. LOL!

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 08-21-02 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-21-02, 10:31 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

If you actually read my post I said most of the time not always. Why are you making up stupid cases to try to make me look like the bad cop here? Did I say I'm giving MODs the OK sign to go and hate people?

Don't talk like you are the tragic hero in this situation. There are FAR MORE members out there who like to pick on people compared to MODs. And what do you mean most MODs aren't anything outside CL? Are you calling us all idiots and retards? Speak up.

And you better wish Ethan isn't coming to read. Trying to place yourself in what looks like a weak position just makes you lose more ground when trying to bring up a valid argument. Where did I call everyone on CL stupid? Please show some evidence.
Ok..... im not trying to make u look the bad guy.... (why are you thinking that??.... did you do somthing wrong?)

i never said most mods are retarded and idiots, im just saying that some times you are acting like your back in middle school, If some one wear anything other then whats the hip thing then u bug them and tease them till death, but on a grown up level... if some one puts on any wheels under 2grand or knock off or anything they like you have to get on their back, or if any 1 says anything that goes aginst your belief... you make them regret what they said by haunting them on posts and closing/ deleting, posts/ threads.

Im glad ethan read this, im not placing my self as if im ina weak position, i just think he is more fair and dosent go around being sarcastic/smartass . Lose more ground??... placing my self in a weak position, again... get real. i dunno where you get all your assumptions from... because they are completly wrong.

Tragic hero, dramatic irony ??? I feel like im back in my English class. Why dont you just write a novel on it.
Old 08-22-02, 12:18 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm....................

Name calling and cursing................

EVERYONE please grow and lighten up!
Old 08-22-02, 12:28 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

So why don't we lock this thread and let it be since it will not do any good and robb will not come back. Nothing needs to be said.
Old 08-22-02, 12:29 AM
Static911

Thread is locked.

If you have anymore suggestions regarding moderators, please email me directly at ekay@clublexus.com.

Thank you everybody for your suggestions.

Ethan