Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

TM Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-11, 12:11 PM
5spd97
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TM Engineering

In early December I ordered suspension parts and steering rack bushings from TM Engineering (RoadRash Racing) and was immediately charged on my PayPal account. After 3 weeks of not receiving my order I emailed TM and after a few days received a reply that my steering rack bushings were on back order, but with assurances that they would be shipped. For the past 3 weeks I have been trying to contact them with no success. I atttempted to file a claim with PayPal with no success. Their website will not recognize a claim submittal. It appears that I am out hundreds of dollars. The TM Engineering website is still open. I would highly advise that no one order off of the TM site. On top of that I would not recommend making payments through PayPal as apparently there is in fact no buyer protection. The PayPal site lists as a benefit that you will be reimbursed if you do not receive the items ordered.
Old 01-31-11, 12:22 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

sucks to hear paypal wont accept your claim.. they usually do ??
Old 01-31-11, 12:35 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 412 Likes on 340 Posts

That's pretty shady. Hopefully it gets resolved soon!

I thought they were a vendor on here?
Old 01-31-11, 12:42 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,134 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Sorry to hear about your issues, but TM Engineering has not been a CL vendor for several years.

You can search out dozens of posts with feedback on their customer service issues and some suggestions on communication approaches with TM.

examples
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...d-threads.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...gineering.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...tm+engineering

I'm going to leave this open for comments from members on how to deal with your paypal issue, but please let's not have another multiple-page TM rant thread.

If you used a credit card to deal with paypal, you may have some leverage using them for a refund.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 01-31-11 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-31-11, 06:56 PM
5spd97
Pit Crew

Dave, this isn't a rant on TM. I did a good deal of reading on this forum concerning TM before I decided to place my order. Basically the complaints have centered around slow service and long waits for deliveries, but ultimately the orders were filled. I made a choice to purchase from them because they sell what I needed and I wasn't in a hurry. My post is an effort to save other members of this forum some money and heartache. This isn't slow service, it's no service, as in possibly no longer in business. Years ago I painfully discovered that companies filing for bankruptcy can continue to accept payments for orders that they have no intention of filling and I think that that might be what has happened in this case. I'm a big boy and I'll take my lumps but I thought I would share my experience.
Old 01-31-11, 07:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,134 Likes on 1,301 Posts

So other than the lack of having your order filled, what evidence or indications do you have that they are out of business? TM not returning emails or calls is pretty much what all the other rant threads are about and should be expected. NOT saying that's an acceptible way to do business or making excuses for them, just reality of the experience of all the other threads you read. I personally would not order from them again based on all the posts, but some folks think they are still OK. Just don't see any difference in your threads vs the others and looking for what you think changed.
Old 02-28-11, 06:09 AM
5spd97
Pit Crew

Just to post an update. Recieved an email from TM Engineering on Feb. 2 saying that my parts had arrived and would be shipped that day. On Feb. 16th got another email with a tracking number saying that a package would be delivered to UPS that day for shipping. Apparently the package was never delivered to UPS.