Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-11, 12:50 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LPA
Thanks! Well i guess im out $150, unless you know of a way i can get that back? Lol.
I didn't think TM Engineering was out of business from what I saw. I've stopped by and chatted with them a couple times.

Last edited by brianlin87; 10-19-11 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-19-11, 01:08 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

No disrespect, but I don't understand some of you people who keep on taking TM Engineering's side on this. These are all facts that I'm gonna state and not hearsay. This company have been screwing people over since 2009, and you can find all this info just by searching in google. Some get lucky, alot of people took a loss. Let's all keep it real please, this forum is supposed to and meant to help each other up. Instead of telling an individual be patient and just wait, why don't we educate them what's really up in that way they don't wait for never. Besides, while you guys are taking that company's side, the owner doesn't even give a hoot to even reply to so many emails sent to him and doesn't even have a number that you can call to get in touch with a human being. That is in no way the right way to do business especially that his business is done through the net. There are alot of options besides TM Engineering so there is no reason for us to keep on pushing this company's name out there.
Old 10-19-11, 01:16 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Are they still in business? Several years ago, I purchased a few items from them on a number of different occasions. I think it was the Daizen sway bars, steering rack bushings, and other stuff. Even back then it took a LONG time to receive the items. I hope you get your stuff man.
Old 10-20-11, 10:41 PM
djvrr007
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i found this thread the a month after i ordered it and
hope i get something in the mail soon.
before i sent my mongolian friends to TM engineering and have war with them.
Old 10-22-11, 06:42 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I almost got screw by him but i was lucky enough to get my $$ from PP.
He knew i was gonna open a pp dispute so he sent me a tracking in the pp account w/o even shipping the items he just created a shipping label so with that shipping label in my pp account i couldn't open a dispute i just had to wait .
One of my buddy got scammed by TM he was out $250 still didn't get his money back.
You can't talk to him on the phone he won't answer your emails, I don't do business with you if i can't get your phone number or i can't get ahold of you if needed.
stay away from this guy please, he will take your hard earned money .
some say it's a (1) man show it doesn't matter he needs to hire a helper then to better serve US.
Old 10-22-11, 07:40 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

I can't believe that website is still running. I mean if you are not gonna take care of your online customers, take down the website. It's that simple. I guess I got lucky when I did business with them years ago. But it's sickening to hear how many people got scammed by them (him).

Not to get off topic, but Suprastore is just as bad. Supraforums has a thread very similar to this one about Suprastore. Those guys are just as bad at answering calls or shipping out orders. I remember it took them several months to ship a clutch. I had to call them probably a dozen times a week to maybe have them pick up the phone once during those dozen calls. Bad business is bad business. I just hope people read these threads before clicking the "buy" button at either one of these sites.
Old 11-07-11, 08:59 AM
aristo123
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sucks I was just introduced to this thread because I just placed an order with tm on 10/21/11 and have not received my order. But, I must say that I did receive my first order from tm in a reasonable time. So I was under the impression that they were a good buisness. I guess I got lucky once.
Old 11-11-11, 05:20 PM
gtmax
Driver

Yeah defending TM because it worked for you (not naming anyone specifically) is not a valid argument. When a company fails at even one customer, it is ripe for criticizing. Your track record is not only based the people you please, its based on the people that you let down - and these guys have let down too many people.

I don't buy anything on ebay, even if its 2.30 cents, from a seller that doesn't have a reputation record of less than 98% - and even then i feel nervous. If these guys were on ebay, they'd have a rep of <60% and NO ONE would ever buy anything from them. Reading this thread i remember that i had written them an email enquiring about coil overs for my car. By the time they replied to me, i'd gotten the part from an ebay member and Sewell, and forgot that i'd writ to them in the first place.

The fact that the owner hasn't come in ONCE in this thread to explain himself is further proof that though he might be Jesus Christ best friend, he sucks at selling stuff.
Old 12-05-11, 08:53 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In this day and age to treat. Customers this way is a death sentence for a business. There is absolutely no reason he cannot anwsrr emails. The guy is either a drug addict or hes currently incarcerated. There is zero tolerance for the way this guy treats people who pay him real money for no products.

Is this still his number 310 537 6800? If it is hes going to have to change his number because ill pull the crazy ex gf on his *** and call him 694 times a day.
Old 02-09-12, 01:00 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

tt people still having issues with this guy do not buy from him.
Old 02-09-12, 11:57 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Customer Service is a biggie, you aren't kidding death to a business!

Originally Posted by D-Boi
In this day and age to treat. Customers this way is a death sentence for a business. There is absolutely no reason he cannot anwsrr emails. The guy is either a drug addict or hes currently incarcerated. There is zero tolerance for the way this guy treats people who pay him real money for no products.

Is this still his number 310 537 6800? If it is hes going to have to change his number because ill pull the crazy ex gf on his *** and call him 694 times a day.
Old 05-15-12, 07:16 PM
bumbapp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RamAirRckt
Customer Service is a biggie, you aren't kidding death to a business!
Wow!! Here I thought I was the only one with this problem, good thing I use PayPal . It's been over a month and I have nothing for my $300 ,no emails being replied no phones nothing!!!!!!
Old 11-20-12, 03:30 PM
714is
Driver School Candidate

Well, damn...looks like I found this thread a little too late
Guess I'll do my part to keep the updates coming regarding this company: YUP, THEY STILL SUCK. They're attempting to bone me outta $550.
I ordered from TME on the recommendation of a local shop specializing in Lexus, who is now on my ***** list btw.
Old 11-30-12, 05:44 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ did you pay with a CC or PayPal?

I heard they put the company up for sale??
Old 12-03-12, 02:23 PM
714is
Driver School Candidate

PayPal. Literally just yesterday the claim I had closed and Paypal decided in my favor...they say in a few business days ill get my $ back.

Quick Reply: WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)