Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-09, 11:12 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've dealt with tm engineering over the years. and yes sometimes there is lag time but I've never had a problem.

The one man show part is true, and with back orders and other customer projects things happen
Old 12-14-09, 09:07 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal, we will let you know the moment we get them in and they are on the way!
This is the email I received from them today!
Old 12-14-09, 12:49 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Today's email from TM...

Tony,

Yes, these are backordered, but we should be getting them within a week or so, our best estimate.

We have a lot already committed, so let us know if you need them or better yet place the order to ensure that you don’t get pushed further back in line.

Thanks!

TM Engineering
Old 12-15-09, 10:31 PM
pharcyde
Driver School Candidate

I just think that its BS that they will reply to emails when youre ready to place an order, but after they have your money then they will simply ignore you. The fact that they dont have an address, phone #, have been kicked off CL, and have a bad track record tells me that its not worth the BS and headaches necessary to do business with them.

Originally Posted by sakataj
LOL i wouldnt be so quick to call them shady. back in the day they were a site sponsor and now they not because of their issues.. they have alot of issues with timely shipping but other than that no real problems from them. this is first im really hearing of someone paying them and not getting their parts.

dont take this paragraph personally pharcyde but read it with a open opinion

i have personally ordered from them (my swar bay and steering rack bushings) and got parts in under 5 days.....have you ever ordered from them or just quick to jump up and bash them?i will be ordering my control arm bushings soon....if he jerks me around this time i will change my opinion but for now... ME,PERSONALLY i have had NO bad experience with them although i have read tons of it. plus no1 else really to get these parts from since sewell seems to be pulling them. i would LOVE not to get them from TM and not have to guess if im gonna get them soon but it seems i cant so i play russian roulette and i take my chances. so far i have won
Old 12-16-09, 06:43 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by pharcyde
I just think that its BS that they will reply to emails when youre ready to place an order, but after they have your money then they will simply ignore you. The fact that they dont have an address, phone #, have been kicked off CL, and have a bad track record tells me that its not worth the BS and headaches necessary to do business with them.
Well at least they wont bill your CC until the order comes in which is a little better business than what i expect.
Old 12-16-09, 11:30 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by pharcyde
well as i said....i have bought from them and had NOOOOOOOOOOOOO complaints, got parts in a timely manner
Old 12-16-09, 06:27 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Yeah, they charged my bank account today, and I'm assuming from their previous email, that means they are in stock and ready to be shipped out.

I ordered the steering rack bushing kit from them before, ordered on a friday, shipped on saturday, and received on monday.

They are good to go, don't worry.

It could be worse, I ordered something from this other website, and they didn't tell me their regular receival times from purchase were 6-8 weeks, and that even though it's shipped through usps, it's still supposed to take 3+weeks to receive my item! PLUS, ti's been almost that much time, AND I still cannot get a response for a tracking number from them!!! So be glad it's not THAT bad.
Old 12-17-09, 07:06 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Yeah, they charged my bank account today, and I'm assuming from their previous email, that means they are in stock and ready to be shipped out.

I ordered the steering rack bushing kit from them before, ordered on a friday, shipped on saturday, and received on monday.

They are good to go, don't worry.

It could be worse, I ordered something from this other website, and they didn't tell me their regular receival times from purchase were 6-8 weeks, and that even though it's shipped through usps, it's still supposed to take 3+weeks to receive my item! PLUS, ti's been almost that much time, AND I still cannot get a response for a tracking number from them!!! So be glad it's not THAT bad.
THat would be great if they got them in already.. I placed my order Monday so I'm hoping everything will work out..
Old 12-17-09, 10:54 AM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i was told two months ago "one week"

so i dunno well c
Old 12-17-09, 11:59 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by j stuff

so i dunno well c
THis is something i don't really want to hear.. I don't mind waiting a few weeks since i'm not in a hurry but i don't want this to be a shaddy transaction.
Old 12-17-09, 12:34 PM
gman44116
Lead Lap

Ditto......

Originally Posted by j stuff

so i dunno well c
Old 12-17-09, 06:22 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

they charged my CC BEFORE they even sent me an invoice.
Old 12-18-09, 09:01 PM
handzilla
Pit Crew

they took my money a long time ago! bout to start a dispute!
Old 12-18-09, 09:17 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by handzilla
they took my money a long time ago! bout to start a dispute!
This isn't going good.
Old 12-21-09, 07:35 PM
Big Pookie
Pole Position

Anyone get their bushings yet?

Quick Reply: WARNING about buying from TM Engineering - VERY poor communication (not a CL vendor)