Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

"///MFest" sig banners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-09, 10:12 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default "///MFest" sig banners?

i've been seeing this in quite a few individuals' signatures, so i'd like some clarification on this.

i understand that this is a website catered towards lexus owners and enthusiasts, and that we won't "discriminate" against non-lexus owners, but is it right/fair for certain members to put "///MFest" sig banners in their signatures?
Old 09-28-09, 10:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I've got no problems with it as long as it meets our forum signature rules:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_signatures
Signature Banners, Avatars and URL links
Club Lexus has some reasonable guidelines regarding signature size and content, to keep CLUB LEXUS a forum that's easy for our members to read... no giant signature banners and text that takes up half the screen on each post, friendly for dial-up, no unwanted advertising and 100% work-safe. Repeated abuse of the forum signature rules will cause the member to forfeit the privilege to have a signature on our forum or suspension of their access.

1) No images physically larger than 450 (wide) X 100 (tall) in total combined size
2) Image file sizes no larger than a combined 50K from a reliable host, preferably the Club Lexus gallery
3) A maximum of 8 lines of normal sized (default) text, including blank lines. Larger than "size 1" text is not allowed, enforced at moderator team's discretion.
4) No for sale, want-to-buy or advertising text (including URLs, business titles, or business contact info) in signatures unless you are an approved Club Lexus sponsor
5) No linking to or advertising for other forums that overlap Club Lexus subject areas
6) No intentionally inflammatory or politically charged signature text or avatars allowed. This specific rule will be applied at the moderator team's discretion.
7) Only work safe, PG-rated images are allowed in signatures, no profanity is allowed
8) Macromedia Flash signatures are prohibited
9) Referencing other members or protests against moderator actions in your signature is not allowed

Avatar file size is restricted by the forum software to 75x75. Avatar images must be follow the work safe and no-advertising image rules outlined above.

Home page URLs contained in the member profile cannot contain links to non-work safe sites or to non-approved vendor websites.

Members who enable avatars, URLs and signatures that do not follow the guidelines above may receive private or public warnings or may have their images edited or removed without warning. Repeated issues will cause the privilege of having a signature, avatar and/or website URL to be removed as options for that member.
Having said that probably won't generate a lot of interest on CL. I've got an M in my garage (my wife's track car) and might click, but likely less than 2% here overlap.
Old 09-28-09, 04:44 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

don't get me wrong, dave. i have nothing against ///MFest or BMW's; i'm a fan of M-powered cars myself, my brother, sister-in-law, and sister all drive BMW's, and i've got a 2009 X5 in the garage next to me.

i was just wondering about something that might raise a few eyebrows - if people actually notice.

thanks, dave. much appreciated.
Old 09-28-09, 06:10 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I give Mfest a thumbs up.. They came to support everyone and be apart of the car frenzy we all have. I happen to be there when all the Crap was said to them, and they were there to enjoy all the fun we all had. We all have a common interest and many of us have more then one car. Thanks Mfest for your support and nice cars..
Old 09-28-09, 08:59 PM
LexFather

Nothing wrong with it. We have moderators that don't have a Lexus and have other brands in their avatar.

This is a Lexus enthusiast site and we try to promote diversity and make anyone feel welcome. As Dave stated once the guidelines are followed, its fine.

To be honest I haven't noticed it. I only noticed it in the So. Cali forum.

Happy Posting

Old 09-28-09, 09:04 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisburke
I give Mfest a thumbs up.. They came to support everyone and be apart of the car frenzy we all have. I happen to be there when all the Crap was said to them, and they were there to enjoy all the fun we all had. We all have a common interest and many of us have more then one car. Thanks Mfest for your support and nice cars..
Chris I will add that you in particular seem to be using this signature and your posts to encourage some sort of ongoing drama. Please knock it off or I will ask you to remove it.

PM me if you want to discuss
Old 09-29-09, 01:45 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chrisburke
again, i have nothing against BMW cars (see my previous post). however, i was seeking clarification regarding several members' "advertising" of a non-lexus event/organization via their sig banner - thus the use of the terms "fair/right".

there is more than one way to share a common "car frenzy", but i was curious about the use of the sig banner as subversive advertising. however, if it is in accordance with the forum guidelines, then it is what it is.

and to address the "crap was said to them" claim: as i was not personally involved in that incident, i can not comment on the validity of your claim. however, do note this: given event rules, if they were regular, non-registered attendees, they would have been treated so. however, as the MFest group represented Heavy Hitters - a sponsor of The Pursuit, they were given equally proper and fair treatment as sponsor cars.

again, thank you for the clarification, dave.
Old 09-29-09, 08:20 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

is it that big of deal? they are within all the rules for sigs.
Old 09-29-09, 05:37 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm a BMW/Lexus owner myself and am a sponsor on the MFest forums. I see people supporting CL on Mfest forums and several CL cars even mad it out to MFest 3 back in April. I was part of the MFest 3 staff and did not hear 1 single complaint of the "Lexi" at the event. I'm not biased, right in the middle. Don't see any issues as we are all enthusiasts and drive multiple vehicles of different makes.