Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

I'm Having Lakerholic's Probs Also

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-01, 08:42 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've tried all of the mentioned tricks to get the Board to show new posts ( Edit from beginning; manually refrshing & logging in ) & things still act up. It's even worse if I use my "Back" button - doesn't always go back to the newest posts & doesn't even show me as online like the previous screen. Some days it's just fine & this morning it's a pain again. I've defragmented my system & done all the old Indian tricks without much success - maybe I need a new Indian? Doesn't always delete my PM's either. HELP!!
Old 03-09-01, 09:36 AM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Browser version

What browser version and make i.e. IE o NS or WebTv etc..do you have?

Let me know and I'll research it.....

Thanks.
Old 03-09-01, 10:42 AM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try this

Gene,

Go to your "PROFILE" then "Edit Options", fifth question down that says "Browse board with cookies?" if it is set to "no" click it to "yes". Log out and log back in and see what happens.

IE stores cookies in several locations depending on how your computer is set up.

Also try deleting the cookies to see if that works as well. For the IE browser You will find cookies in:

C:\Windows\Cookies
C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files
C:\Windows\Profiles\Username\Cookies
C:\WIndows\Profiles\Username\Temporary Internet Files
Occasionally they will be stored in:
C:\Windows\profiles\username\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\userdata

If you miss one, all the rest will be restored and not deleted. IE will also store two copies of the cookies. Cookies are also stored in virtual memory so if you delete the physical files while IE is running, it will simply replace them.

Let me know how that works but I will still be researching this.