Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

My replica lip has a crack and I don't know who to blame

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-08, 08:33 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's good news. John and Sandy are nice folks who take care of their customers.
Old 09-05-08, 08:41 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are. That the reason i went to them in the first place, but this had to happen unfortunately.
Old 09-05-08, 08:59 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Good news. Make sure you don't bring it to Exact to install a lip again. You should try professional body shops instead.
Old 09-05-08, 09:00 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

After reading about all the trouble you've went through I would seriously expect a little more then just fixing the lip (which honestly I think they should replace instead of fixing), because that's what they should have done in the first place instead of playing the blame game and making excuses. I hate situations like this when the service provider(in this case Exact motorsports) act like they are giving you superior service or doing you a favor for fixing their mistake. I wouldn't call it good service considering it's what they should have done and that they are just fixing a lip that they broke which was brand new when you gave it to them. Nice to hear that you've gotten the situation resolved though.

edit*
If the kit didn't fit they should have told you about it first which seems like a really obvious thing to do. It's like if you order something at a restaurant and they ran out of what you ordered and instead of telling you the waiter orders something else for you instead, wtf?.

Last edited by JKA.nyc; 09-05-08 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-05-08, 09:04 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JKA.nyc
After reading about all the trouble you've went through I would seriously expect a little more then just fixing the lip (which honestly I think they should replace instead of fixing), because that's what they should have done in the first place instead of playing the blame game and making excuses. I hate situations like this when the service provider(in this case Exact motorsports) act like they are giving you superior service or doing you a favor for fixing their mistake. I wouldn't call it good service considering it's what they should have done and that they are just fixing a lip that they broke which was brand new when you gave it to them. Nice to hear that you've gotten the situation resolved though.
ouch! At this time, we are uncertain what was the problem. It may have been a defective lip and indeed badluck by the installer for being the last person who touched it.

For EXACT taking the initiative to repair the lip and repaint it, i think they have done their part for rectifying this issue.
Old 09-05-08, 09:22 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

ouch? lol my bad not trying to be an a-hole or anything, just going off of what I read in the thread.
Old 09-05-08, 11:34 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

To be honest, for them to fix it would have been the smart thing to do. It could have made them more customers but at the same time draw bad attention to their business.

Thumbs up cause your lips going to get fixed. I always do my own fitting before I bring it into paint. Plus I know my painter so if there are any problems, I'll address it with him.
Old 09-13-08, 09:04 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

They should of offered to replace it or even told me that it didn't fit in the first place. What's done is done. At least they are fixing it for me at shop that deals with carbon fiber. I'll take pictures when i get the lip. It's done already, but i need to go pick it up.
Old 09-17-08, 03:47 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down exact motor sports

This is where i begin my rant/bashing.

I dropped my lip off to exact motor sports on friday the 12th. They told me they are going to bring it to a shop to repaint and fix the crack on the lip.

Today I picked up my lip from John @ Exactmotorsports. They lip looked great to the human eye. I didn't fully check it out until I took it to another body shop. I saw that the big crack i had before was gone, but was sealed with a type of glue. I also noticed the paint was kind of rough where the smaller cracks were. The mechanic told me they probably just spot on painted it instead of painting the entire thing. I felt around the entire lip and there were a couple spots where the paint is rough.

I'm thankful that exactmotorsports offered to fix and paint my lip. They had the lip for 3 days and it seems like they finished the job in 30 mins. The paint on the lip is horrible, and rough. The lip came out worse than before. I could of lived with the crack before, but now i must live with a bad paint job. I seriously do not think they brought it to another body shop to fix. I think they fixed it at their shop and not didn't me. I hate to assume bad things about people and what they do, but this is where it's going.

The reason they offered to fix the lip in the first place is because someone on this forum called them and told them that i was "bashing" on them when i was speaking the truth. They don't want a bad reputation, but they basically asked for it.
In my head, exactmotorsports did a half a** job on my lip. The Norcal section of this forum fully recommended exact and i expected a flawless 110% from them. Instead i got *****. I can't believe exact actually thought i wouldn't notice the bad job.

I brought my lip to http://www.activeautobody.net/ They tried to fit it, but the same thing happened. It started to crack at the same places. I just simply gave up on the lip now. They offered to bond the lip and bumper together, but it would cost me about 1400. I said no thanks and i took the lip home. I probably will put it up for sale if anyone wants it.
Old 09-17-08, 04:06 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

why would anyone buy it if it doesnt fit?

yes, exact should not have fitted it knowing it wouldnt fit, and yes it doesnt fit. activeautobody tried and had same results. so whos fault really is it now? did the vendor sell u a faulty "replica"? i mean, im not surprised if a replica does not fit....

it doesnt fit, because it is a replica. end of story.

exact is known for custom vehicle modifications and comes highly recommended for suspension, engine, maintenence, and tuning. They aren't known for fitting bodykits, but the have done great jobs on fitting and installing REAL body kits.

u take a replica to any shop, they will all have problems if the replica was made bad. they can try all they wont with cutting and bonding, and gluing, but if its bad quality replica, u'll never get it to work.

its like saying how come my "fake China Iphone" freeze and have bad reception. UHHHHHHH cause its fake? and its cheaper?

or how come my Sam's Choice Cola doesnt taste like Coke?
Old 09-17-08, 04:19 PM
ayu910
Driver School Candidate

I know a lot of performance shop do not accept body type of work especially with replica parts. I’m little surprised that Excat accepted this job at the first place…that is asking for trouble lose-lose situation for both sides
Old 09-17-08, 04:32 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CthruIS350
why would anyone buy it if it doesnt fit?

yes, exact should not have fitted it knowing it wouldnt fit, and yes it doesnt fit. activeautobody tried and had same results. so whos fault really is it now? did the vendor sell u a faulty "replica"? i mean, im not surprised if a replica does not fit....

it doesnt fit, because it is a replica. end of story.

exact is known for custom vehicle modifications and comes highly recommended for suspension, engine, maintenence, and tuning. They aren't known for fitting bodykits, but the have done great jobs on fitting and installing REAL body kits.

u take a replica to any shop, they will all have problems if the replica was made bad. they can try all they wont with cutting and bonding, and gluing, but if its bad quality replica, u'll never get it to work.

its like saying how come my "fake China Iphone" freeze and have bad reception. UHHHHHHH cause its fake? and its cheaper?

or how come my Sam's Choice Cola doesnt taste like Coke?
It's not the fact that it doesn't fit anymore. It's the fact that they said they would fix it, but put in like 5% effort into it. I know it doesn't fit already.

Even though it doesn't fit, people can still buy it and put it on. They'll either live with a crack on the lip or they can patch it up.
Old 09-17-08, 04:38 PM
LSCJJ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2slow
It's not the fact that it doesn't fit anymore. It's the fact that they said they would fix it, but put in like 5% effort into it. I know it doesn't fit already.

Even though it doesn't fit, people can still buy it and put it on. They'll either live with a crack on the lip or they can patch it up.

ok.... i dont see who would buy one unless ur selling it for like a dollar... since u jsut said the body shop siad its gonna cost u over 1k to patch it and fix it.. tahst more than the cost of a real one..
Old 09-17-08, 05:15 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CthruIS350
ok.... i dont see who would buy one unless ur selling it for like a dollar... since u jsut said the body shop siad its gonna cost u over 1k to patch it and fix it.. tahst more than the cost of a real one..
No bro. You are reading it wrong. It will cost 1k to bond it together meaning combine the bumper and the lip together into 1 piece then repainting it the entire lip and bumper together.

I don't know if it will sell or not but I'm willing to give it a try.
Old 09-17-08, 06:01 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

damn dude that sucks. next time body shops for body work man.....