Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-08, 04:43 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i gave up with tm already. waste time.
Old 10-13-08, 02:06 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Default AutoCoutureSC's Goodbye to the SC community

Yesss, it's true.

Due to some circumstances that has been stressing me out for over a year and a half, I have to say goodbye to the SC community.

I'll post some pics when i get home. Please do not PM me about parts or parting out just yet. I have plenty to go around. My heart is saddened by my departure, but I can't look at my car the same anymore.

I have met so many of you "OG" SC guys, and you guys are like family to me. We will keep in touch for sure. You guys know my story more than anyone else.

Here’s an explanation of why I’m fed up. Why I’m frustrated, why I have to let my SC go.

I haven’t driven my car for at least one year and six months. Yes, over a year. Before that, the longest I haven’t driven it was 6 months. Why you ask? Both times my car has been at TM Engineering in Carson, CA. I found him via this website, since he was a vendor on these forums.

I’ve dealt with Todd over at TM Engineering many many times in the past. I’ve always backed him up, gave him numerous referrals. I had went to his shop and inquired about a project for my car. He was the only guy I knew that could pull this off. After all, he installed my gated shifter in my SC4. Todd said he could pull it off. After numerous conversations in person, text, and on the phone, we agreed to drop off my car. He gave me an estimate, and I paid in full as he had requested, just to “get the ball rolling.” Please keep in mind, that this was no small amount. It’s an amount worth more than some of your SC’s including any mods on the car. Todd said the max amount of time he would have the car would be 2 weeks. 2 weeks! I specifically told him that I do not want my car in his shop like the GS that’s currently there now. I don’t want my car in there for year’s just collecting dust. Sure, as with any project, you will run into complications, especially of this nature. 2 weeks turns into 2 months, then 6, then a year, and now, almost 2 years later, still no car. Last time I saw my car was January? I don’t even know anymore. My car gets broken into and he didn’t bother to tell me until I paid him a visit during his “office hours.” I give him the benefit of the doubt and ask him to proceed with the project. He tells a fellow member in May of 2008 that my car is first priority, and it should be done in July. Well, it’s almost November and I haven’t heard a peep from him since his email in June. He said, “I’ll let you know how it goes.”

And that’s it, that’s the last I heard from him. Since then, I’ve sent him countless emails, text messages, voice mails, and pages. I even call him on his cell phone. I’ve stopped by his shop many many many times that I don’t remember anymore. He’s never there. Once in a blue moon I run into him during “office hours.”

I email and text him and stated that I just wanted the car back. And to take off all the upgrades I had asked to do so we can discuss a form of refund or compensation. To this day, nothing. I just want it back, and I am afraid that IF and when I do get it back, It will never be the same.

To make matters worse, a lot of my secret mods are there too. And they aren’t cheap. BTW: I'm still paying full coverage on that thing...

Last edited by AutoCoutureSC; 10-16-08 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-13-08, 02:26 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

aww man... I've lost another OG SC buddies. I can't believed it go down like this. I haven't seen you drive your car in years. Best of luck bud. Please keep in touch.
Old 10-13-08, 02:30 PM
benxd
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We never got a chance to get all the AC SC guys together.
Old 10-13-08, 02:39 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dang yo, just when I joined the AC fam, another one leaves =[
Old 10-13-08, 03:33 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks Lee, I left the SC fam also... I'll visit you when I'm down there again...maybe finally get to meet you! haha.
Old 10-13-08, 03:38 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

so why you leaving
Old 10-13-08, 03:38 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

Wow, this is disheartening another AC SC owner leaving the pack. I'm sorry to hear of your position, but I hope all goes well for you.
Old 10-13-08, 03:41 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The circumstances are very sad indeed...you'll be back...
Old 10-13-08, 08:27 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey L; I hope everything works out for you...I'm sure you'll be back better than ever..Best of luck dude..
Old 10-13-08, 08:39 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dang man say it ain't so. the og's are slowly dwindling down. i remember when you were one of the first to get the vertex fenders and then i bought em off of you . if calvin still wants to set up a photoshoot sometime, maybe i'll finally get to meet you then.
Old 10-13-08, 09:20 PM
William N.
Pole Position

I am sorry to hear this Lee...Hope everything is ok...
Old 10-13-08, 09:30 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

ohh man... another ac sc gone... another motivation. but forever a hero. hopefully you can stick around still though id likr to meet you as im in socal.
Old 10-13-08, 09:46 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Why The Deuce Is This Happening?!?!?!

Donkey ***** I Say!!! Donkeybalss!!!
Old 10-13-08, 09:57 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

nooooo.

- a fellow AC SC owner

Quick Reply: Issues with TM Engineering (no longer an approved CL vendor) - merged threads