Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Get Rid of the SRT Section

Old 01-29-02, 11:13 AM
fever
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get Rid of the SRT Section

What's the point? They don't answer questions. They make specific promises that they continue to break. Their dynos are incorrect compared to numerous other dyno tests.
Frankly, I don't get it. Why would CL support deception and an inability to follow through?
Old 01-29-02, 11:27 AM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi fever,

The idea behind this is to get vendors on board but you are right, not much is happening with this section. I would like to hear what other members think as well since I am incline to get rid of this section soon.

Michael
Old 01-29-02, 07:30 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,112 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Michael,

I think a bit of personal (e.g. a phone call) communication to Muhammad from you is probably warranted to discuss the issue.

I'm a big supporter of SRT and would (and do) recommend them to others, but I certainly see a growing issue in the way that their user support and PR has been handled recently on CL. I don't pretend to know SRT's long range plans or marketing goals, but they could use their forum area more effectively and provide needed details and answers to what I imagine is their largest direct - and eager - audience.
Old 01-30-02, 01:00 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While I like to support SRT, I too feel that they have been failing us lately. Everything is "Soon"...well soon has come and gone many times over. Questions are always answered with "Call Mo"...I don't know how Mo can get anything done with everyone calling him!

To the SRT guys, why not just pow-wow and get some information out. The less people that call Mo, the more Mo can get done...
Old 02-05-02, 11:20 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know why the always say "Soon". I was kind of peeved at first but now that I'm constructing some SC4 stuff I see why they say that. You don't want to give competitors a jump on you in the market. I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to post pictures and talk about prototypes

As for SRT's Dyno tests, dyno runs can vary. Over 3 runs my car had a 4 hp difference and 4 ft-lb torque difference... stock. Imagine trying to dyno an air intake where the only source of air is coming from a fan that in no way can replicate how much air would be forced to the intake at 100+ mph.

I think the real nuisance is the spam that some companies throw into the forums; the mods are pretty good about removing it though.

nick

Last edited by hellasboy; 02-05-02 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-07-02, 05:06 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree with the "soon" thing.

they keep saying they will release stuff but nothing ever is released.

maybe we should get rid of the forum