Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

new layout with LEFT MAIN MENU

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-02, 04:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

I think the message size font was changed now, right?

Seems bigger tonight.
Old 01-24-02, 05:10 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha ya its bigger now

maybe my monitor is 19" but not 19" viewing size... i dunno or my eyes are bad for a 15 year old
Old 01-24-02, 07:40 PM
genius1512
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please go back to the old way without the menu. The posts are more confusing to read now in the smaller font. And now the bar on the bottom always slides back and forth as I type. Thanks
Old 01-25-02, 01:47 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm, dunno if it's just me or ALL OF YOU ARE BLIND , but I'm running on 2 different 19" monitor at 1600x1200 and I can read it fine... on Internet Explorer 5.1 MAC, Netscape Navigator 4.7.8 MAC, Internet Explorer 6.1 PC, and Netscape Navigator 4.7.9 PC...plus I tried it on my 17" LCD (running 1280x1024) on another one of my Macs (in the bedroom) running the same versions of IE and Netscape as listed above and it's completely legible...

Have you guys changed your font settings (I'm running just the default fonts and sizes)...???
Old 01-25-02, 09:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

manaray - you run a Mac dude, so it's not an easy comparison. Since Macs are for blind, or at least stupid people the fonts are probably bigger by default .

Actually, I think the font is now bigger than it was earlier this week and I'm fine with it now.
Old 01-25-02, 04:19 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Default Some more feedback

I’ve got no problem with font size (even through geezer eyes) and many of the new features are great, but I don’t like having to use the slider to move the thread description each time I go to forum if I want to see who posted last and when. I agree with some that the main menu doesn’t need to occupy space on the left at all times. Personally, I preferred it at the top. I do like the automatic expansion to full screen when a thread is selected though.

Another (little) complaint – when multiple pages of a thread are displayed, it’s not as easy now to tell the one you’re on as opposed to the other ones available – seems like the current page number ought to be larger, bolder, underlined or something. Yes, there is currently a difference – but it’s a subtle one.

By the way, what happened to the old “Member’s Rides” section? I’d like to see that return. It’s easier to check out “Thumbupass’s” new kit or wheels that way than finding a particular member’s picture in the gallery – most don’t even identify the pictures. Or, if there’s a way to include the member’s car in the profile – frankly, I rather see the member’s car than a picture of some of these hardlegs. I’ll change my position on that when we get more female members.

Anyway … thanks for trying Michael – I know it must be a pain in the *** sometimes but I think that most members appreciate the effort!
Old 01-25-02, 04:33 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

I will see what I can do to make it easier to tell what your current page is. Give me about 30 minutes to see if I can code it different.

The site is optimized for resolution of 1024*768 and higher where it looks awesome. If you are running 800*600 or lower it will not look good at all. The left menu will stay but I am working on getting it to take less space on the page.

Let me know what is your screen resolution.

As for the "members ride" the previous one did not work right so I am coming up with a much better one. I hope to have it real soon up and live on the board.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 01-25-02, 05:02 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Done with the "what page in thread you are in" suggestion. Now when a post is several pages long you can see exactly how many pages there are and what page you are on with no ambiguity.

Hope that helps.

Michael
Old 01-26-02, 02:48 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Default Works for me

Thanks Michael, that'a a big improvement - also, glad to hear about bringing back the Member's Ride section - you know, that could even replace pictures in sig if post sizes gets to be a problem. I'm not necessarily against the sig pictures but the Ride section could provide an alternative way for member's to show off their cars - just a thought.
Old 01-26-02, 10:26 PM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

Mike:
If you dont mind me asking.. what do you do for a living?
Old 01-28-02, 01:55 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He sells Crack and Heroin...but don't tell anyone!
Old 01-28-02, 04:16 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

I would need an end-user license from the State Dept. to do that...

I just your typical computer executive whose dot-com went belly-up looking for employment type of guy. Did I mention entreprenuer in that mix as well?

Michael
Old 01-28-02, 05:29 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

I don't like the menu on the left. Takes away from the main forum screens for a menu I will seldom, if ever, use.

PS. I'm running 800x600 and the font looks fine. I'm just losing 20% of the width of the screen to the left menu.

Last edited by RealMarty; 01-28-02 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-28-02, 06:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

The font size now is great, thanks. And I think the site overall is very impressive. I especially like having links to the sub-forums from the main forum page now.
Old 02-04-02, 07:43 PM
satxrx
Driver

Default Menu issues

I'll have to join others that oppose the menu. It's really a pain to see who posted last or even type a response because you have to scroll left to right in order to move the menu outta the way.

I have a PowerBook with a 14.1" screen and running 1024x768.

I know the menu will stay but may I suggest moving it over to the right instead?

From what I've read I don't get the impression that many people actually use it, but for those who do - it'll still be there but on the right hand side and will not be in the way of the forum postings.

I do like some of the improvements so don't get me wrong on this. Nice work!

Quick Reply: new layout with LEFT MAIN MENU