Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Carson Toyota / L-tunedparts Complaint

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-07, 01:29 PM
Haiko
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carson Toyota / L-tunedparts Complaint

10/30 ordered the JDM coat hanger, got an email confirming the order and then another with the status of order in progress the next day. Yesterday I respond to the order confirmation email (to the email they specify for questions) and ask for an update as it has been 9 days since the order. No reply once again.

So today I call to ask where is my $120 coat hanger? Sure enough I'm told by Caesar that "Oh I tried to call you and even emailed you twice about the order to say that we have to order the part from Japan". I ask, if you have to order it then why don't you put that on the site? "Well someone bought the "last one" a week before you, so" ... I cut him off to ask why wasn't the site updated then? You had a week, and I guess I shouldn't be able to add to my cart or at least see some note on the site about the product's unavailability if this was all true. Obviously ... no sign of such on the site at all.

As I'm now writing this complaint post, I do finally get an email from them - order updated to canceled.

Thanks for finally emailing me about my order.

What a way to run a business?!
Old 11-07-07, 01:37 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, they are pretty busy though.
Old 11-07-07, 01:39 PM
Haiko
Rookie

Busy is one thing, 9 days of non contact is another but even worse is lying to me about contacting me --- that is just not acceptable.
Old 11-07-07, 03:00 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think your complaint will do much good even if you have a legitimate gripe... I mean how many transactions do they have go bad compared to the amount they have go well? That combined with their good prices, good customer service, and being a portal to get rare parts from... Unfortunately you are in a lose/lose situation and have become a rare statistic.
Old 11-07-07, 03:45 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I just wanted to clarify this situation so that everyone understands this is not the way we run our business here. We received an order from Mr. Haiko on 10.30.07.

Cesar called at the number provided on the order the same day.

He then sent an email on 11.01.07 with the following information...

Hello Mr. Haiko, <---- using CL handle to protect customers real name privacy

This is Cesar at Carson Toyota. I have with me the order you made online for the Lexus Japan Interior Hanger. I called yesterday and left a voice mail, just sending this e-mail to make sure you receive this information.
I simply wanted to notify you that the item you have ordered recently sold out. We would have to order it from Japan. It will take approximately 4 weeks for us to receive this item from Japan. It will then be shipped to you at a price of $7.34 giving you a grand total of $127.34. Once shipped to you, it will take approximately 4-8 business days for UPS to deliver the package at your location.
Please notify me as to how you wish to proceed with your order.
Thank you.

We received no response to either the voice message or the email so Cesar re sent the email on 11.06.07 and still received no response.

Foward to today when MR. Haiko calls Cesar for a status on the order. Cesar attemps to explain the status (since we finally have some contact from this customer) and the customers begins to use obscene language and questioning why we have items on our site that are not in stock. Suffice it to say Cesar was not even able to explain that maybe Mr. Haiko hadn't listened to his voicemail yet, or that his email ISP might be blocking our email attemps. The customer continues his harassment of Cesar (while Cesar still being polite and courteous) until Cesar asked how he would like us to proceed with his order. The call was lost at that point.

At this point I jump in because Cesar was very upset over the call, considering the customer identified himself as a Club Lexus Member. I instructed Cesar to cancel the order and to let me speak with the customer should he call back.

Not 10 minutes ago, I get a pm staing "complaint" and a link to this post. I replied with the following....

Haiko Steve and I are both aware of the situation , as well as the manner and words which you chose to speak to Cesar with. We have cancelled your order, and I will be replying on your thread with all the details of the transaction up till today.

Thank you.

Luis S.
310-522-2383

Mr. Haiko received my message and calls me back right away. He proceeds to follow through the same conversation he had with Cesar with me as well, only he did not use profane language with me. We would not accept that we tried to call or email at all. He would not accept the fact that maybe his ISP blocked the emails from our Carson Dealership accounts, and not the automated ones from the site. When I asked if he had at least received the voicemail on his phone from the original day of the order, he accused me of calling him a liar. At that point he said that I was completely right and he was completely wrong and would not do business with us again.

Throught out the entire time we have tried our best to help Mr. Haiko out, but at the point that our employess start to take verbal abuse I must put a stop to it right away.

Mr. Haiko, I apoligize for not being able to meet your expectations for this order, but I will still explain again what occured should you maybe read this post when you have a chance.

There was a voicemail left on the number you provided tha same day of the order. An email was sent on 11.1.07, and again on the 6th. When you called and spoke to Cesar he tried to explain these things but you did not give him the opportunity. When you called me , you did not give a chance either. On our site it says we will contact you within 48 hours because, as everyone here on CL knows, a lot of times japanese parts are not in stock and have to be ordered. I wanted to explain that the emails you recieved were automated from our website, and that there was a chance that the emails from Cesar were being blocked by your account because they come from our work email at Carson Toyota. I hope this clarifies what we were trying to explain today.

Thank you.
Old 11-07-07, 04:15 PM
Haiko
Rookie

Verbal abuse? I said it was Bull***** and guess what? *IT* is!!!

That's fine, don't worry anymore .... I'm wrong and your 100% right.
Old 11-07-07, 04:24 PM
Haiko
Rookie

Oh how classic, the thread was moved from the vendor marketplace to Site Questions, Suggestions & Problems

Nice and ethical also !!!
Old 11-07-07, 05:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

both sides have stated their story, we don't need to see this thread goes down the hill more. i am closing this. haiko you have stated your complaint and carson toyota has stated their response

all the pesnut gallery, you have infractions.

haiko, your thread is moved to here because you posted in the wrong section, where supposedly only vendors can post. per forum rules, never challenge moderators decision publicly.

Last edited by rominl; 11-07-07 at 06:13 PM.