Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Suggestion for Home Page

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-02, 01:47 PM
The_Best_GS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Suggestion for Home Page

On the home page, the link to the forums section of the site should be more prominent.

Since the Forum section of the site is the most popular, it should be easier for first time visitors to 'stumble' across it.

Either highlight it somehow; make a bigger graphic for it. Or replace the 'Downloads' graphic that is towards the top of the page with a forum link. The Downloads section of this site is in no way as popular as the Forums section so why should it get a bigger graphic?

The Forum is the driving force of the site. It has a ton of information there. It is the main reason why visitors will return to the site. It should get a little more attention than the other links so that first time visitors will find it easily.
Attached Thumbnails Suggestion for Home Page-cl_home.gif  
Old 01-02-02, 01:54 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A lot of people set their favorites directly to the forum page. The index page after the flash intro doesn't get updated often, and we get alot more info and stuff from the forum (99% of ClubLexus is the forum)

I have my homepage set to the forum page directly. I just don't think there's too much to check out at the front page.
Old 01-02-02, 07:36 PM
The_Best_GS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure that almost everyone that visits this site regularly has the forum page bookmarked.

What I'm more concerned about is the casual browser that visits CL for the first time. They have no idea that the forums has a ton of info. And since the link to the forum is so inconspicuous, they might just look over it.
Old 01-13-02, 10:45 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally posted by The_Best_GS
What I'm more concerned about is the casual browser that visits CL for the first time. They have no idea that the forums has a ton of info. And since the link to the forum is so inconspicuous, they might just look over it.
This is a really good concern. It is easily over looked.