Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

L-TUNED PARTS/ Carson Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-07, 12:37 AM
2IS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-TUNED PARTS/ Carson Toyota

I don't know if other purchased from the website L-Tuned Parts, but I sure had a bad experience. I ordered on a thursday a HKS HiPower exhaust for my 2007 Lexus IS 250 RWD. Total cost was an estimated 575.00 and the shipping price wouldn't register maybe do to cost estimations. I rapidly recieved a confirmation email stating that I would be contacted in 24-48 hours pertaining my shipping, shipping total cost, and the specific rep dealing with my order. I recieve an email stating my order has been processed and shipped with an invoice for 15.00 dollars in costs, but still no call, I really want insurance for this item before shipped because I have had items stolen due to a delivery man leaving a labeled box on my porch. Long story short I ordered on a Thursday no contact as of Saturday, which is an operating day according to website and via phone call, so I make the call. This is a 575 dollar charge plus an unknown amount that I would like to know. I was greeted by a very arrogant guy who said there was no record of my order nor any record of shipping. I asked for a manager and he says he is the manager. I assured him of my order number and offered to foward him the emails! He says the order number is nonexistent. Then he says a random guys name and says he is assigned to my order and he isn't in today... Maybe Monday so try back. I gave up. I was ready to call American Express and dispute the charge. I then submitted a complaint email via their website and was contacted again by email today, MONDAY, via email stating my shipping and insurance was covered by them and sorry. I called back and I was promised I was going to get a tracking number for my item.. Tuesday and NO TRACKING NUMBER!!!

---- Sorry So LONG but anyone interested in mods please read!!!
Old 06-26-07, 01:08 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Next time give Sewell Lexus (lexus-parts.com) a try. Have bought numerous items from them and had excellent service each time. Btw, they have a summer special going right now (check the vendor thread) . . .
Old 06-26-07, 01:49 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha i hate carson...i orded some parts from them and it sucked butt. never will buy from them. Hope all goes well for you... Sewell is great tho...they are fast and responsive.
Old 06-26-07, 01:53 AM
LexFather

Moved here. I've had nothing but great service from Carson and Sewell..I do believe Steve is out the office and Luis just got married, so it might be a little hectic.

I am sure they will respond and resolve the issue as they have in the past.

Old 06-26-07, 07:41 AM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Good mornig sir, again I apoligize for the delay in your order. I have taken care of everything to meet your original needs. I received your order on Thursday and did not get back to you until Monday, and I apoligize for the non communication. I understand thats the most important part when all your looking for is some information on an order you placed on our site.

I have expedited the shipping so that you get the exhaust on Friday. Also I did not know you were from Club Lexus since there was no GB code on your order, but since you are I will be issuing you a credit for the difference on the exhaust since this exhaust is on GB for Club Lexus members.

To any other members I may not have not responded to over the weekend, I apoligize as well. We will be making a change to our site that will indicate we are not open on Saturday or Sunday. The dealership is open, but only as far as general car sales go. The Internet Parts dept is only open from Monday - Friday, so any orders received on Thursday or Friday would have been responded to by at least Monday. We apoligize for any misunderstandings the site may have caused in customers calling in on the weekend expecting us to be here.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to call me direct at 310-522-2383, and also Cesar at 310-522-2330 who can connect you to me should I be on the phone with other CL members at the time.
Old 06-26-07, 08:06 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 209 Likes on 115 Posts

I have had nothing but positive experiences ordering parts from Carson Toyota.

I have bought parts from them for the last 4 years I have had my car.
Old 06-26-07, 08:06 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

excellent service recovery!
Old 06-26-07, 08:13 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

It's funny, over the years, there is a small handful out there that are very quick to jump to conclusion. They are quick to post their issue without giving a business a chance to rectify the problem.

I have nothing but praise for Carson Toyota. Steve and Luis are stand up guys. I've been going to them for my parts needs since the beginning of CL. If there is an issue, they are quick to resolve it. That's proven customer service right there.
Old 06-26-07, 08:54 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've ordered from Carson several times and have had very good experiences. Sometimes getting updates on status of receiving the product are a little slow, but considering the amount of queries they get they are doing the best they can. I never felt my dollars were in jeopardy or they weren't doing the best they could. I think many of us get used to Internet buying where turnaround is almost instantaneous, but Carson is a bricks and mortar business that is closed over the weekend. Gotta' remember that and take it into consideration.
Old 06-26-07, 11:54 AM
boosted-gs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Good mornig sir, again I apoligize for the delay in your order. I have taken care of everything to meet your original needs. I received your order on Thursday and did not get back to you until Monday, and I apoligize for the non communication. I understand thats the most important part when all your looking for is some information on an order you placed on our site.

I have expedited the shipping so that you get the exhaust on Friday. Also I did not know you were from Club Lexus since there was no GB code on your order, but since you are I will be issuing you a credit for the difference on the exhaust since this exhaust is on GB for Club Lexus members.

To any other members I may not have not responded to over the weekend, I apoligize as well. We will be making a change to our site that will indicate we are not open on Saturday or Sunday. The dealership is open, but only as far as general car sales go. The Internet Parts dept is only open from Monday - Friday, so any orders received on Thursday or Friday would have been responded to by at least Monday. We apoligize for any misunderstandings the site may have caused in customers calling in on the weekend expecting us to be here.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to call me direct at 310-522-2383, and also Cesar at 310-522-2330 who can connect you to me should I be on the phone with other CL members at the time.

this is why i will continue to buy from carson. Great service and they even credited you the money even though you didn't use the promo code...
Old 06-26-07, 12:34 PM
nabisco
Lead Lap

I had an issue with them one time. I purchased a fabulous front lip and got the same standard email saying they would contact me within 48 hours with a shipping quote. 3 days later I was charged an extra 160 for shipping with out a call. Needless to say I called and canceled the order. I can justify the shipping from Japan but would have loved to have been informed that my card was going to get charged an extra 160 before it happened. They resolved the issue professionally and have placed a couple orders since then.
Old 06-26-07, 12:36 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 137 Posts

I called them up for some TorqueMaster plugs not too long ago. Luis answered, took my order and sure enough like clockwork they arrived when they said they would at my parent's house. A great group to work with.
Old 06-26-07, 01:21 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

i <3 Carson

Never have they let me down. Heck, I even do local pickup to save on shipping and they're okay with that!
Old 06-26-07, 03:23 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

for Carson Toyota. I have ordered many items from them over the years and never had any problems. I agree that some are quick to bash a vendor and not state their experience, but this service recovery shows just how much the customer means to Carson Toyota. Great job
Old 06-27-07, 07:25 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Both venders are great IMO.. Some members new and old are quick to judge before giving them a chance.. I have spoke to Darell at Sewell and Steve via email and both are very professional and handle all my needs and CL's needs..

Sorry about your experience but that email that Carson-Lex wrote back just goes to show that they are very professional and are willing to correct an issue if a mistake was made.. GL..

Quick Reply: L-TUNED PARTS/ Carson Toyota