Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 05:30 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Disappointed

There r few posts here on the forum related to some Asian political issues. The posts were deleted & the thread was closed. I don't know what's going on here on Club Lexus.....people here get to bash on Bush, Iraq and other political issues, but doesn't allow other people to post their opinions on other things.
The moderators just deleted people's posts cuz they got a different opinions?
Very disappointed with this site.
Old 01-11-07, 06:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by ATSOU
There r few posts here on the forum related to some Asian political issues. The posts were deleted & the thread was closed. I don't know what's going on here on Club Lexus.....people here get to bash on Bush, Iraq and other political issues, but doesn't allow other people to post their opinions on other things.
The moderators just deleted people's posts cuz they got a different opinions?
Very disappointed with this site.

ATSOU

I was not the person who removed your posts and closed the thread, but I did review the posts you made and I fully agree with the moderators' actions.

Here is the thread I believe you are talking about which is about MB opening a plant in Taiwan.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=257176

The thread is in the Car Chat forum, not the Debate forum, which is the appropriate place where you can start a political thread and as you say "bash on Bush, Iraq and other political issues". Those posts belong in the debate forum, not in a car chat thread about Mercedes.

A moderator politely asked that the thread stay on topic and not turn political, and you chose to ignore their requests over and over.

Originally Posted by Neo
Let's NOT turn this into a Taiwan/China discussion guys. Although a valid discussion, it is not what this thread is really about. You guys are mature enough to distinguish the intended topic vs the semantics of some of the words. Thanks.
Let me turn this around... I am very disappointed in you. You've been a member here a long time, long enough to know our forum rules well. While I totally agree with your political sentiment in this case, it was not the appropriate place to bring it up,and the moderators stated their requests very politely and respectfully. You chose to continue to ignore them until the thread had to be closed.

I understand this is a very important and sensitive topic, and you are free (as you always have been) to start a thread on it in the Debate forum if you wish and speak your mind.

I see you have removed your profile information... If you wish to have your account inactivated, just let me know and I will suspend it permanently. I will not allow you to ignore the moderator team as you did today in the future. You owe them an apology.

I will await your reply via PM https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pri...do=newpm&u=124