Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Post any comments, problems or questions related to the upgrade here please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-06, 07:41 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter

same thing, i hate the right side banner
yeah guys come on.. i mean i know they must be paying well... but couldnt CL atleast work in a top banner that constantly switches between the nitto and the sparco, or one at the top, one at the bottom.. anything to get the actual width of the board back up to spec...i mean i see tons of people already saying the same thing so im not just being a pita here...
Old 08-14-06, 08:12 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 137 Posts

Runs a little faster on my high speed at home and at the office. I even gave it a try on dial up and much faster than I remember it before. I just got high speed in the past few weeks (horrible early termination contract clauses finally removed so I made the switch), so this is a welcome addition.
Old 08-14-06, 08:47 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To add my two cents to the undesirable banner issue, one result may be more lines of text needed in longer posts which will contribute to more pages per thread. That, in itself, will be annoying.
Old 08-14-06, 08:54 AM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

loookz good im with it!
Old 08-14-06, 09:18 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Mozilla Firefox -

I'm having issues only on the homepage with the banner showing up like this below. On all the other pages it comes out like it should. Not sure if others with Firefox are having this issues:

Old 08-14-06, 09:26 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EDIT: Please skip this post and jump to post #53 for the latest fix 2.0.

Here's the fix for Firefox users.

1. Create a file named "userContent.css" under the directory "C:\Documents and Settings\<your Windows XP username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<some strange word>.default\chrome" with the following content:
Code:
@-moz-document domain(clublexus.com), domain(www.clublexus.com) {
td[id="rightcol"] {
	width: 0px !important;
}
}
2. Install Adblock Plus.
3. Restart Firefox.
4. Go to Tools > Adblock Plus .
5. Click "Add filter...".
6. Fill in "http://206.123.109.18/*".
7. Click OK.
8. Go to ClubLexus
9. Thank me.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-14-06 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-14-06, 10:04 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MeanLex
Bookmark this specific address https://www.clublexus.com/ and your problem will be fixed.

Haha....you are correct and was much easier
Old 08-14-06, 10:14 AM
pocky
mooncake master

So....I was replying to a post...I click on a smiley and guess what? It actually clicks the NeoGen ad on the right. hahahaha.
Old 08-14-06, 10:23 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

it actually feels like since the upgrade the board has been running 10x slower then usual.. is this supposed to be this way? i can honestly click to open a CL thread, wait...wait.... open up a new browser window click yahoo mail which will load instantly, check my mail (still waiting for CL to load in the other window) close out of that browser window, open the CL window again wait a few more seconds, then it will be mostly loaded....??! no im not using up too much internet speed using another web page... i tried it both ways and its the same, the other pages would not load quickly either if it was my connection?!
Old 08-14-06, 10:37 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
it actually feels like since the upgrade the board has been running 10x slower then usual.. is this supposed to be this way? i can honestly click to open a CL thread, wait...wait.... open up a new browser window click yahoo mail which will load instantly, check my mail (still waiting for CL to load in the other window) close out of that browser window, open the CL window again wait a few more seconds, then it will be mostly loaded....??! no im not using up too much internet speed using another web page... i tried it both ways and its the same, the other pages would not load quickly either if it was my connection?!
I think it may be your connection... the forums actually seem to be running noticably faster than before the upgrade for me.
Old 08-14-06, 10:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by pocky
So....I was replying to a post...I click on a smiley and guess what? It actually clicks the NeoGen ad on the right. hahahaha.

Which smilie Pocky? I tried them all and they work for me. What browser are you using?
Old 08-14-06, 11:01 AM
flyfl1pguy

I like it. Its better. . .
Old 08-14-06, 11:11 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i still get blocked on my t-mobile's MDA. I wish there was a text only version with links to images that members post so i can choose to download/view them if i want.
Old 08-14-06, 11:27 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by cliffud
i still get blocked on my t-mobile's MDA. I wish there was a text only version with links to images that members post so i can choose to download/view them if i want.
Different issue from the upgrade. You need to get me the IP address your service/device uses so I can check it out to see if it is blocked on our end (we do block IP addresses under certain conditions.)
Old 08-14-06, 11:28 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a way to enable auto refresh, or refresh every page? This function worked prior to the updates. Pages would refresh just by using the "back" button on internet explorer.

I have my internet explorer set to check for new page every visit to the page.

thanks

Quick Reply: Post any comments, problems or questions related to the upgrade here please!