Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Anyone ever buy from EMERALD

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 09:19 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever buy from EMERALD

Heres my deal. Emerald is a member on these forums, she has joined in 2002. I'm buying some wheels from her but I've asked her to contact me via phone numerous times and she has skipped the subject and has said "Just let me know when you paypal the money". I mean nothing against her, but it's not like I'm sending 100 bucks. Its a few hundred dollars, close to 1000. Has anyone ever bought from her? Should I trust her since it's paypal and just send the cash, I want the rims just being conscious. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Anyone that can vouch for her..
Old 08-01-06, 10:10 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SoCal_VIP
Heres my deal. Emerald is a member on these forums, she has joined in 2002. I'm buying some wheels from her but I've asked her to contact me via phone numerous times and she has skipped the subject and has said "Just let me know when you paypal the money". I mean nothing against her, but it's not like I'm sending 100 bucks. Its a few hundred dollars, close to 1000. Has anyone ever bought from her? Should I trust her since it's paypal and just send the cash, I want the rims just being conscious. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! Anyone that can vouch for her..
Regarding any relatively long-distance transaction:

I'd suggest that you contact the seller to voice your concerns, wait a reasonable period for a response and then, if you're not satisfied with the response or if there is no response, I'd walk.

That said, I seriously doubt she's intentionally avoiding you unless she's not satisfied w/ the terms of the arrangement you've made. From what I've seen, she seems to be a very busy lady which could have a lot to do with your being unable to contact her.

M.
Old 08-01-06, 10:49 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SoCal_VIP
I don't know her personally but she was just in Maxim mag and does other promotional stuff so it would not be in her best interest to screw someone over. SO I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

Old 08-01-06, 10:56 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll send her the cash tomorrow, thanks again!
Old 08-01-06, 11:00 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Not everyone wants to be contacted by phone, especially not an import model who likely deals with all kinds of problems with "hey, call me". Sale or no sale. I do not consider phone conversation to be worth squat in a deal, nor do I think it is needed IMO.

If she doesn't want to chat with you on the phone........ either pony up or move on. You can't force her to call you no matter how many threads you start. If you want the wheels, buy'em. If you don't wanna buy the wheels without chatting, then find another set

Keep in mind this is not trying to be mean in any way, it is just how "I" see it. Doesn't apply towards you, it's general observations.
Old 08-02-06, 07:51 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi,

I had replied to a previous message in regards to why I dont give out a number. Right now I get about 200+ emails everyday....even more on weekends. A seperate email account for just forum PM's, etc...

Not saying that you have any other intentions, but please understand the odd situation I'm in.

I try to stay as accessable as possible and answer all emails as time permits.

I've got 2 public storage units for my personal car crap thats too much of a hassle to sell @ times. I've got parts from cars I dont even own anymore

It's even hard to sell my old stuff locally, because I cant just get up and meet people to drop stuff off without someone with me...sucks, but thats the life I kinda let happen. It has its ups and downs...mostly down.

Anywayz, It's perfectly ok (and no hard feelings) if you decide not to buy them. I can understand and respect your situation as well

~Em