Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

I am tired of correctiong misinformation on the SC forums.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 02:26 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am tired of correctiong misinformation on the SC forums.

For those familiar with the SC forums, we have a member constantly spreading misinformation. I am tired of interjecting in all his threads to let the unknowledgeable know that this member is spreading incorrect information and to prevent people from listening to his advice and wasting money.

Something needs to be done.
Old 07-27-06, 03:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

All I can say is I feel your pain, I do the same thing all the time. Some of what you consider misinformation is simply strong opinion that you disagree with (equally strongly).

I've looked over many of those posts and appreciate you taking the time to respond. Other members do too.
Old 07-27-06, 03:28 PM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I SO feel you verylost, I do the same. I can barely stand it.
Old 07-27-06, 04:32 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can we ban the person who is intentionally spreading false information in the SC forum?
Old 07-27-06, 04:34 PM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think so. There not that mean
Old 07-27-06, 04:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
can we ban the person who is intentionally spreading false information in the SC forum?
No. They aren't intentionally doing it... just misinformed in some things.

Keep up with the knowledge transfer to them; they'll come around.
Old 07-28-06, 02:28 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cliffud
No, there is no rule here against being stupid.
Old 07-28-06, 03:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by verylost
For those familiar with the SC forums, we have a member constantly spreading misinformation. I am tired of interjecting in all his threads to let the unknowledgeable know that this member is spreading incorrect information and to prevent people from listening to his advice and wasting money.

Something needs to be done.
Try correcting an entire website
Old 07-28-06, 03:21 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Try correcting an entire website
Sucks that you're a mod. You have to be nice to everyone.

At least, I can be cruel and cost this member money and time in trying to fix his car, even though I have most of his solutions in my pocket
Old 07-28-06, 03:22 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by verylost
Sucks that you're a mod. You have to be nice to everyone.

At least, I can be cruel and cost this member money and time in trying to fix his car, even though I have most of his solutions in my pocket
I'm "supposed" to be nice to everyone
Old 07-28-06, 04:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

It happens. There's plenty of misinformation around. The two off the top of my head are people that really don't know:

1) VDIM and it's real operation...and the fact that there is no such thing as a VDIM OFF.
2) Diamond White Pearl is aka DWP or the paint code known as 051. The common mistake is PDW.
Old 07-28-06, 07:42 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
It happens.
2) Diamond White Pearl is aka DWP or the paint code known as 051. The common mistake is PDW.
I wish the misinformation was as simple as paint colors. Calling a color the wrong name doesn't cost anyone money. Recommending a stupid mod does cost people money.
Old 07-28-06, 09:04 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Well, we are just going to have to put each other on ignore (the two of you) because strife IS against the forum rules and there is a lot to be found. Between the posts that have been made between you and the obvious other party there have been lot's of strife and it's not a welcome sight in the forum. Some hot headed responses, names being called, all kinds of stuff in the discussions - even today.

I can appreciate your knowledge, and please continue to add it to the forum in a way that does not directly apply towards the aforementioned because we are at a point to where we are going to have to start handing out short vacations from all the strife history. We certainly don't want to miss any of your help on the forum, so we don't want to see that happen.

Quite seriously and just frankly..... it's pissing up the forum. Let's add each party on the others ignore list and avoid any vacations from CL because the strife literally stops here voluntarily or involuntarily. 12:05 AM /end strife.

I know I certainly want to see more of your insight - without the strife involved.
Old 07-28-06, 10:28 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by flipside909
It happens. There's plenty of misinformation around. The two off the top of my head are people that really don't know:

1) VDIM and it's real operation...and the fact that there is no such thing as a VDIM OFF.
Ryan, that is my bad, totally
Old 07-28-06, 11:28 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

If this person is me, do tell me, because i would feel bad spreading false information....

Quick Reply: I am tired of correctiong misinformation on the SC forums.