Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

quality of the posts have deteriorated

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 05:03 PM
chipdesign
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quality of the posts have deteriorated

how boring your posts and replies have become.

too many repetitive questions

and bogus answers
Old 03-01-06, 05:08 PM
tdog09
Driver

Originally Posted by chipdesign

and bogus answers

And you just added to it
Old 03-01-06, 05:08 PM
sjgIS350
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there is another thread on this subject already
Old 03-01-06, 05:09 PM
jcreech
Pole Position

this thread is the worst...please delete it
Old 03-01-06, 05:45 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Dude:
you need to look at the last two pages of the:

"for those people that special ordered and had to wait - did you get a discount?" thread.

Very entertaining .
Then they got in trouble
Old 03-01-06, 05:50 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I think we need a poll, to establish a definitive answer.
Old 03-01-06, 05:51 PM
ChrisM910
Driver

this one is by far the worst lol
Old 03-01-06, 06:08 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

I don't know about that.
The guy with the CrAzY LeTtErS WhEn hE TyPeS, wAs PrEttY bAd.
His name was ***** or something? Hell I couldn't read it, gave up.

I'm Glad TimboIS told him to loose the caps lock thing
Old 03-01-06, 06:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Originally Posted by chipdesign

and bogus answers
Chip,

Rather than complain about it (and post a thread that adds to the problem), I strongly suggest you start to contribute to the forum with exciting posts and scintillating replies. Take some time to nominate repetitive questions to be added to the FAQ and provide some constructive criticism to those 'bogus answers' you hate so much.
Old 03-01-06, 08:00 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Chip,

Rather than complain about it (and post a thread that adds to the problem), I strongly suggest you start to contribute to the forum with exciting posts and scintillating replies. Take some time to nominate repetitive questions to be added to the FAQ and provide some constructive criticism to those 'bogus answers' you hate so much.
Your criticizing the posts while you have only 6 posts???
Old 03-01-06, 09:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Originally Posted by clausda0
ooh. that word scintillating, tickles my taste buds!

See, it's already taken the edge off a boring post
Old 03-01-06, 10:36 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default This may help

Why don't we have like locked threads right in front of the forum at all times to answer repetitive questions? Everyone's always whining about the "poster" not searching.... so why not? saves time in the future and the new threads will be more exciting with pics. (i hope) For example the official wheel fitment for the sc's is great.... something like that to just point out and say....hey look, guy, it's right here. i dunno just my 2 cents

other's that may be useful are speaker removal, bumper removal, headunit removal. ect ect.
Old 03-01-06, 11:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
Why don't we have like locked threads right in front of the forum at all times to answer repetitive questions? Everyone's always whining about the "poster" not searching.... so why not? saves time in the future and the new threads will be more exciting with pics. (i hope) For example the official wheel fitment for the sc's is great.... something like that to just point out and say....hey look, guy, it's right here. i dunno just my 2 cents

other's that may be useful are speaker removal, bumper removal, headunit removal. ect ect.
we are already working very hard behind the scene creating tons of faq for all models. and it's nothing easy. all of us are volunteering our own free time to gather the information, reformat them, and present them in a useful way. when it's done, it's definitely going to help, and just like all the fitment guides and faq (i have couple of them up already) it will be up on the first page locked.

however though, imho, that really shouldn't be the excuse for people not to search. i am not discouraging people from asking a question, but search is golden. that's the way to learn. if you look and can't find the answer, and then you ask and get answered, you really learn it well and it will be with you forever. but every time if you just ask without doing any homework first, you are not really learning. my teacher taught me back in grade school
Old 03-02-06, 08:21 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
we are already working very hard behind the scene creating tons of faq for all models. and it's nothing easy. all of us are volunteering our own free time to gather the information, reformat them, and present them in a useful way. when it's done, it's definitely going to help, and just like all the fitment guides and faq (i have couple of them up already) it will be up on the first page locked.

however though, imho, that really shouldn't be the excuse for people not to search. i am not discouraging people from asking a question, but search is golden. that's the way to learn. if you look and can't find the answer, and then you ask and get answered, you really learn it well and it will be with you forever. but every time if you just ask without doing any homework first, you are not really learning. my teacher taught me back in grade school
i agree. i do search, and i think the same way.... i'm just trying to point it out and keep this site "friendly" usually the newb's ask a question and just get HAMMERED by everyone, funny thing is....they type SO MUCH on explaining how great the "search button" is.... and bashing the newb that they could have answered his/her question... and that may defer some people away from the site.....just my 2 cents that's all....but i totally agree with you on the search button.... it is very useful
Old 03-02-06, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
i agree. i do search, and i think the same way.... i'm just trying to point it out and keep this site "friendly" usually the newb's ask a question and just get HAMMERED by everyone, funny thing is....they type SO MUCH on explaining how great the "search button" is.... and bashing the newb that they could have answered his/her question... and that may defer some people away from the site.....just my 2 cents that's all....but i totally agree with you on the search button.... it is very useful
and i totally agree with you as well, my post wasn't pointed at you at all

personally i really hate when a new guy comes in and ask a simple question, you get 5 people jumping in saying "do a search newb" or something like that. that's really annoying. we were all new once, and just imagine what you'd feel like if people do that to you when you were new. (btw, this is not against you, obviously )

so i usually answered by first suggetion the newbie to search, and then just give a quick summary of answers to his question. i think the msg is much better

Quick Reply: quality of the posts have deteriorated