Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

quality of the posts have deteriorated

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-06, 08:58 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Batmobile
Why don't we have like locked threads right in front of the forum at all times to answer repetitive questions? Everyone's always whining about the "poster" not searching.... so why not? saves time in the future and the new threads will be more exciting with pics. (i hope) For example the official wheel fitment for the sc's is great.... something like that to just point out and say....hey look, guy, it's right here. i dunno just my 2 cents

other's that may be useful are speaker removal, bumper removal, headunit removal. ect ect.
Batmobile,

Just for point of reference, this thread initiated in the 2nd Gen IS forum (where we have a FAQ published), although your points still apply and are appreciated.
Old 03-02-06, 09:14 AM
cip
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think blinkie lights around the search button might help. Maybe make it bigger

jk, I look for the newb's & agree w/ you guys to offer help w/ links then point to the search bar.
Old 03-02-06, 09:19 AM
LexFather

If you don't like it, help do something about it, especially since something like "quality of posts" is in your control, you can help with quality.

And "quality" of posts is subjective anyway.
Old 03-02-06, 09:49 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike's right. We had this discussion some time ago when the SC forum was taking a turn for the bad. I'l admit that I was guilty of the "Bash the Newb" mentality from time to time.

By simply putting my attitude back in check and answering the question along with what my search results yielded has resulted, IMHO, in a better evironment for new users.

Others have adopted this attitude as well.

Judging by PM's I have recieved from some new members, it's well received!
Old 03-02-06, 12:28 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Another suggestion might be everytime someone starts a new thread, on that new thread page could be some sort of message to direct the thread starter to do a search first if they have a question or perhaps a link to a global FAQ page. (damn, that was a long run on sentence!) heheh
Old 03-02-06, 07:40 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Batmobile
funny thing is....they type SO MUCH on explaining how great the "search button" is.... and bashing the newb that they could have answered his/her question
Amen, brother. Couldn't agree more.
Old 03-02-06, 10:03 PM
LexFather

I am not sure its bash the newb, or newb needs some common sense. This is a Lexus forum, I would expect people to be a little smarter.

Hell their purchase was

Personally, I am on tons of forums and before I ask or even join, I use Search. And if the only way to search is to join, I join.

Yes, people get excited to post but I think there is nothing wrong with telling people to use a feature, we have just upgraded.