Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Why did genearch close the BMW 330i and IS350 thread?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-06, 06:21 PM
Scotty99
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Why did genearch close the BMW 330i and IS350 thread?

I know that genearch is a BMW fan, just do a search of his posts and you will see he thinks a lot of BMWs. But to close a good thread with good discussion points concerning a Lexus on a Lexus board was completely inappropriate. Was the poor little BMW getting beat up a little too much for his liking?

Scott
Old 01-22-06, 06:32 PM
Scotty99
Driver

Hey,

I am a car fan too and like just about any make or model if it has the right goods. Just about any thread can go in circles, but that thread was popular and had good discussion points that were still in progress. To just close it by saying it is going in circles, yet many people seemed to still be interested in it and were still posting on it is just stupid. Let's just make a policy of closing all popular threads in the future. Be careful not to let your BMW ownership cloud your thinking as you continually tell others. You are definately a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Scott
Old 01-22-06, 07:24 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

gene at it again
Old 01-22-06, 08:14 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I would have to chime in. First all, someone that does not own a Lexus should not be a mod on this board. Not sure if this is the case or not. But let's face reality here. This is a LEXUS BOARD, first and foremost-is it not? I have noticed the same that many others have noticed that have not yet posted about and it is getting really old and someone should step in. This is CLUBLEXUS ,not CLUBLEXUS/BMW. There is a difference between fair and what has been going on with CL recently when people disagree with BMW's.
Old 01-22-06, 08:38 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Folks, there are ways to report issues you may have with moderators clearly outlined in the forum rules, and an ongoing thread is not one of them.

Moderators
ClubLexus Moderators are a group of volunteers to help facilitate discussion on ClubLexus. They should not to be argued with in public when enforcing forum rules and guidelines. All members are welcome to speak with the moderators about their concerns in a polite and calm manner in private. If you have a complaint, you can contact the administrator.

Do not smart off to moderators. They are here by choice alone, and have been bestowed the privilege of maintaining this wonderful site, and acting on direct authority from the Owner and Administrator himself to enforce the rules, regulations, etiquette, and desired environment.

If you have any questions, comments, or issues with a moderator, please contact the administrator at administrator@clublexus.com.
A better alternative to email is PMing me here on the forum.

Lee the OWNER of ClubLexus does not own a Lexus right now, and while I generally agree the moderator should own a Lexus (and Gene does, btw, along with a BMW and an Infiniti) we select moderators based on their knowledge of Lexus, active participation in the forums / helping others, respect for our forum rules and several other criteria. We've also got lots of members currently without Lexus vehicles and they are welcome to stay as well. Gene has been a member and moderator on this forum since even before I joined.